• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    But why? Surely if he is a "man" he should be confident enough to ask
    That’s the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    It is not women bashing, just stating points.

I agree that it is subjective. I also do not generalise.

Fair, but some men are shy and hope you make the first move esp if he thinks you are above his league.
    one time two of us were in love and since the guy did not want to make the first step so i made it, and he told me that it is not reciprocal meanwhile every body knew it was seriously reciprocal so there is no question of above the league!!!:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

ReputationRep:
    That’s the problem.

what?

ReputationRep:
    I am open to my views being debated but i am not here to convince you to accept my views. Two different things.

I think a fertilised conceived egg is a person. There is a debate on that point, even among doctors and seasoned medical thinkers. Some accept the 24-week threshold for abortion, others reject that. To me, i believe that life begins at conception.
    Are you against the Morning After Pill?

ReputationRep:
    That’s the problem.
    so are you not man?? why are you trying to dominate on us if we are the one to learn you have to be confident?:boxing::curious:

ReputationRep:
    The MeToo campaign makes generalisation about sexual harrassments.
    Ummmm. No it doesn't. In a nutshell, it is saying that sexual harassment is no longer acceptable. In my view, it has never been acceptable, but as we have seen in the film industry and more recently in some charities, those in positions of power often use that power in ways that are unacceptable. Up until now, those on the receiving end have felt powerless to do anything about it. That is changing. Thanks to #MeToo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleone123)
    Again, you're demonstrating your absolute naivety.

There are hundreds of reasons why a woman might not want to speak out and the fact that you apparently can't grasp any of these is why I'm afraid I'm not even going to continue this discussion because it makes me too angry.
    What might deter a woman from reporting sexual harassment?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kenza lindsay)
    one time two of us were in love and since the guy did not want to make the first step so i made it, and he told me that it is not reciprocal meanwhile every body knew it was seriously reciprocal so there is no question of above the league!!!:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
    Fair enough
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    what?
    What you wrote.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    Are you against the Morning After Pill?
    Personally, yes. Because it is like chemical castration with severe impacts on women that i don't think any woman should use it.

ReputationRep:
    What you wrote.
    It's a problem to want a man thats not afraid for women?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kenza lindsay)
    so are you not man?? why are you trying to dominate on us if we are the one to learn you have to be confident?:boxing::curious:
    I am an Alpha male. So i can get a bit dominant.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Ummmm. No it doesn't. In a nutshell, it is saying that sexual harassment is no longer acceptable. In my view, it has never been acceptable, but as we have seen in the film industry and more recently in some charities, those in positions of power often use that power in ways that are unacceptable. Up until now, those on the receiving end have felt powerless to do anything about it. That is changing. Thanks to #MeToo.
    That is true but many of the acts happened years ago. Even the Oxfam one happened many years ago. The depiction comes across that it is happening today.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's a problem to want a man thats not afraid for women?
    It is not, but equality should mean that women should be able to make the first move.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    The fear of not being believed. It's not easy just walking into a police station and saying that someone harassed you. If you know the person who did it, you have no idea what they'll do to you.

ReputationRep:
    It is not, but equality should mean that women should be able to make the first move.
    Or maybe I have a preference for confident men?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by littleone123)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41741615

I could literally post hundreds of links to articles like this.

Maybe you should read them and start educating yourself.
    It is at some point in their career and not today or yesterday or last week. Sexual assault is on the decline. Just because a woman reports an assault today does not necessarily mean that she was attacked last night.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Or maybe I have a preference for confident men?
    You do and it is fine. The issue is some women having double standards. They want a set of traditional actions for some things and then progressive actions for others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Idk if you’re being serious but i’m going to answer like you are...

If the guy has some power over you in a work environment, there’s a fear of not being believed, of losing your job, losing your livelihood. Many of the women who come forward talk about the rapist saying “you’ll never work again if you oppose me” or “no one would believe you, a nobody, over me” and whether or not those things are true, lots of women wouldn’t risk it.

If it’s done by someone in the family; guilt, shame, fear of losing your family if they don’t believe you. Especially if you’re underage.

If it’s a stranger; fear of not being believed. I know it may seem like something you shouldn’t worry about given what’s happening in the media, but that doesn’t take away the what if. Shame, guilt (especially if you were drinking, dressed slutty, were flirting with him).

If you come forward about rape, you’re forever branded as either a rape survivor or a liar. Whispers of “did you hear what happened to her” and judgement from your family and community will always be a part of your life. Not to mention the long process of pressing charges, some people think if they just put it behind them they can get past it. They just want it to go away.

So many things can stop someone from reporting rape or sexual harassment, and though it is much better received now, it’s still a traumatic and terrifying thing to happen to you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ...We live in an age when it is okay to normalise things. Once you can normalise the situation, then it is okay to justify it.
    You must understand that, regardless of your own position, if other people do not regard a fertilised egg (or a developing foetus) as a person, then on that basis they aren't likely to object to abortion. Talk of 'normalising' doesn't help here as we could just as easily suggest that your characterisation of a fertilised egg as being a person is to normalise the status of a foetus to justify your own objections.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.