Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ali Husain)
    Maybe?
    Maybe to which question? The killing unborn children or killing all black people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    I think re-assuring the man is the best way to do it. Make sure your intentions are good (no ulterior motive, assure him that you're not trying to mess him around) and say something like "you probably think I'm easy if I'm approaching you, but I only approach the few guys I'm really attracted to, and you are one of them". To assure him that you're not easy.

I understand if a shy girl won't approach men. But there are so many loud, confident girls I see around. They could quite easily approach a guy.

And if a girl is attracted to a particular guy, is she seriously just going to sit and wait forever till he makes a move? I can just imagine girls thinking "oh if only I apply my makeup slightly differently, give off all these obscure signals which are impossible to spot, maybe he will eventually notice me over all the other girls and ask me out". Or she could just do the common sense thing - walk up and talk to him. :lol:
    Absolutely agree with all your points.

The fact that a woman may have to throw in the disclaimer that she's not easy is disgusting. And I feel disgusted that my first thought is that she might be easy. I don't want to have that thought.

When I was younger and an idiot I was glad that there were women like this about. Made my life easier. I've grown out of that now and would never have a one night stand.

Although having said all that. It's quite similar the opposite way around anyway. A man will approach a woman and she may think he's just after one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    How confident are you at life in general? Are you confident enough to do things like ask for directions, speak to a shop assistant for help, order something over the phone? If so, there's nothing stopping you asking a guy out.

Gender equality means equality in everything, after all.
    I don't care about rejection it's part of life.
    Is it too much a requirement to want a man thats not afraid to ask out women?

ReputationRep:
    Simple. I agree with Katie Hopkins, feminists don't want equality, they already have it, they want special treatment
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I don't care about rejection it's part of life.
    Is it too much a requirement to want a man thats not afraid to ask out women?
    That is the issue, many men appear confident and are not. Because men are required to do certain things, they just try to do it.

In dating, men and women should not take archiac roles. The man should not be the “man” and do all the hard work. If so, then the woman could be required to do the same and shut up plus stay in the kitchen.

I think if a woman likes a guy, she should walk up and introduce herself. Some women have ways to getting closer to their crushes. Rather than the hints that require supernatural powers for men to know that women like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    That is the issue, many men appear confident and are not. Because men are required to do certain things, they just try to do it.

In dating, men and women should not take archiac roles. The man should not be the “man” and do all the hard work. If so, then the woman could be required to do the same and shut up plus stay in the kitchen.

I think if a woman likes a guy, she should walk up and introduce herself. Some women have ways to getting closer to their crushes. Rather than the hints that require supernatural powers for men to know that women like them.
    No, I just can't get myself ask out guy. I might make the first move when I am v desperate..(which is never)
    It has nothing to do with shyness- I am okay with talking to strangers.
    Rejection is completely fine with me and I will not be every guys cup of tea and that's cool. What if the guy is taken and says nothing?
    Asking a girl out is not hard "work". Women give birth and period pains but asking a women out is "hard"...right ok
    I find it hilarious when a girl demands that a guy to ask her out, it's all off a sudden controversial, but a guy is allowed to demand a women that has slept with nothing more than 5 people.

ReputationRep:
    wow u are actually quoting her....

(Original post by SpursMan)
    Simple. I agree with Katie Hopkins, feminists don't want equality, they already have it, they want special treatment

ReputationRep:
    No, I just can't get myself ask out guy. I might make the first move when I am v desperate..(which is never)
    Rejection is completely fine with me and I will not be every guys cup of tea and that's cool. What if the guy is taken and says nothing?
    Asking a girl out is not hard "work". Women give birth and period pains but asking a women out is "hard"...right ok
    I find it hilarious when a girl demands that a guy to ask her out, it's all off a sudden controversial, but a guy is allowed to demand a women that has slept with nothing more than 5 people.

You say you are completely fine with rejection yet you never and will never put yourself in a position to be rejected....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    You say you are completely fine with rejection yet you never and will never put yourself in a position to be rejected....

I am completely fine with rejection, absolutely. I have experienced different kinds of rejections that are just the same or even worse than ones based in dating.

And that is completely false. A lot of women get rejected although it may not be directly as a no at first.
    For example, you could show interest in a guy, then later find out that he is trying to sleep with you when you are interesting in dating. You want to take it further and take it to marriage, whilst all he wants is a fwb situation. That is also a form of rejection.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Some men do not want a woman that has been around. Why is she carrying so many bodies?

I understand your point, but some men do not see it as “easy” to ask a girl out. Many men are thinking about rejection. It does affect their self-worth and confidence. So arguing that it is easy is not fair.

Imagine in your group at Uni, there is this weird kid. He is quiet, nerdy and often keeps to himself. He likes you but he cannot muster the courage to ask you out. You are open, chatty, very attractive and popular. You may like him, but you wont do anything until he makes the first move.

With that, he does not make the move because he is very shy and unable to, but you wont make a move because it is against your principles. This means that you too will never be together.

ReputationRep:
    I am completely fine with rejection, absolutely. I have experienced different kinds of rejections that are just the same or even worse than ones based in dating.

You are not qualified to make this statement as you have never had a dating based rejection

Spoiler:
    Show

As someone who has had a dating based rejection, I would say dating based rejections are worst.....

ReputationRep:
    You are not qualified to make this statement as you have never had a dating based rejection

Spoiler:
    Show

As someone who has had a dating based rejection, I would say dating based rejections are worst.....

Re-read my post again, I added something new
    I disagree. I want this upcoming internship and I am learning to handle the rejection. IMO not getting it is way worse than a guy not being interested in me. By far.

ReputationRep:
    Some men do not want a woman that has been around. Why is she carrying so many bodies?

I understand your point, but some men do not see it as “easy” to ask a girl out. Many men are thinking about rejection. It does affect their self-worth and confidence. So arguing that it is easy is not fair.

Imagine in your group at Uni, there is this weird kid. He is quiet, nerdy and often keeps to himself. He likes you but he cannot muster the courage to ask you out. You are open, chatty, very attractive and popular. You may like him, but you wont do anything until he makes the first move.

With that, he does not make the move because he is very shy and unable to, but you wont make a move because it is against your principles. This means that you too will never be together.
    Why do so many guys carry so many bodies? It's the exact same answer.
    Well that would be his problem I guess. I would give a guy interest, because I have done but I still won't ask him out
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do so many guys carry so many bodies? It's the exact same answer.
    Well that would be his problem I guess. I would give a guy interest, because I have done but I still won't ask him out
    I dont think many guys should carry so many bodies either.

That is fair, i guess that is your own way of life. I just hope that you give the not-so-confident guy a chance because he may make you happier than the loud and popular guy.

ReputationRep:

And that is completely false. A lot of women get rejected although it may not be directly as a no at first.
    For example, you could show interest in a guy, then later find out that he is trying to sleep with you when you are interesting in dating. You want to take it further and take it to marriage, whilst all he wants is a fwb situation. That is also a form of rejection.
    I've never heard you post about showing interest in a guy and then found out he was just wanting fwb, so this is just a hypothetical situation you have never experienced.

until it happens YOU can't actually know if the feeling will be worst

Re-read my post again, I added something new
    I disagree. I want this upcoming internship and I am learning to handle the rejection. IMO not getting it is way worse than a guy not being interested in me. By far.

Right, I am going to make a statement

being constipated is worst than giving birth

having never experienced giving birth am I qualified to make such a statement?

the same goes for you and your internship/guy not being interested line.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think many guys should carry so many bodies either.

That is fair, i guess that is your own way of life. I just hope that you give the not-so-confident guy a chance because he may make you happier than the loud and popular guy.
    Well, everyone has there own morals I guess.
    I actually don't like loud guys- I prefer guys that are quiet and reserved.

Girls get rejected a lot too btw, it's just not directly.

ReputationRep:

Why would the open, chatty, very attractive and popular girl like a weird kid who she’s never spoken to who has 0 social skills? She might think he’s cute, I doubt she’ll be bleeding heart over him when there are plenty of other confident, funny, attractive guys that are into her?

A better example would be the chubby nerd girl who doesn’t have a lot of friends, but has been crushing on nerd guy all year. She doesn’t ask him out because she sees him staring at the popular girl and thinks she doesn’t have a chance. When really, if she just went and talked to him he’d probably consider her as an option.

Really when guys complain about how hard it is to get a girl, they’re talking about to 9/10 social butterfly girl that doesn’t know they exist. You’d all have much more success if you lowered your standards, life isn’t a John Green book where some manic pixie dream girl swoops in to ugly nerd boy’s life and they fall in lurv. Pretty girls don’t need to graft because they’re surrounded by options. If you want the pretty girl, you have to up your game and get onto her level, because I doubt the reason she doesn’t approach nerd guy is because she’s shy or thinks guys should make the first move. Its because she isn’t interested or doesn’t know he exists. :dontknow:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard you post about showing interest in a guy and then found out he was just wanting fwb, so this is just a hypothetical situation you have never experienced.

until it happens YOU can't actually know if the feeling will be worst

Right, I am going to make a statement

being constipated is worst than giving birth

having never experienced giving birth am I qualified to make such a statement?

the same goes for you and your internship/guy not being interested line.
    Yes, I have showed myself interest in a guy. This was 4 months ago. I did say that a guy approached me....
    We spoke for hours when we first met. He also told me I was the first girl he approached in months, so I was under the impression that this guy genuinely liked me so I hinted (I made it v clear) that somewhere down the line we could date. He actually agreed.
    It turned out that the guy was not interested and was looking for an easy way to get laid. Idk he thought of me like that tbh. After I went further and gave the guy what he wanted he decided not to speak to me.

TBH I think thats fair to say that was another way of rejection. It's not directly, but he lied.
    Yes, it hurt but I got over it because rejection is part of life.

Anyway, not getting my internship would crush me way more than that guy rejecting me.

You can believe constipation hurts more if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have showed myself interest in a guy. This was 4 months ago. I did say that a guy approached me....
    We spoke for hours when we first met. He also told me I was the first girl he approached in months, so I was under the impression that this guy genuinely liked me so I hinted (I made it v clear) that somewhere down the line we could date. He actually agreed.
    It turned out that the guy was not interested and was looking for an easy way to get laid. Idk he thought of me like that tbh. After I went further and gave the guy what he wanted he decided not to speak to me.

TBH I think thats fair to say that was another way of rejection. It's not directly, but he lied.
    Yes, it hurt but I got over it because rejection is part of life.

Anyway, not getting my internship would crush me way more than that guy rejecting me.

You can believe constipation hurts more if you want to.

Are you saying the guy in question pump and dumped you?

because I remember you saying something about a guy in a library approaching you and you deciding to give him a chance [even though you were not attracted to him] and that you never met up with him because all he wanted was sex

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying the guy in question pump and dumped you?

because I remember you saying something about a guy in a library approaching you and you deciding to give him a chance [even though you were not attracted to him] and that you never met up with him because all he wanted was sex
    Not exactly. He tried to, thankfully I didnt give it up all the way...

Oh no. I didn't find that guy attractive and I wasn't talking about him. 2 weeks later, another guy approached me at some computer shop and he was tall and attractive. But he turned out to be a fkboy unfortunately.

And no, the previous guy I met in the library didn't say he only wanted sex. He just didn't ask me out lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.