Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Why do so many guys carry so many bodies? It's the exact same answer.
    Well that would be his problem I guess. I would give a guy interest, because I have done but I still won't ask him out
    It’s just bad serial killer etiquette. At least dispose of the bodies, carrying them around with you is just begging to be caught. :backstab:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, everyone has there own morals I guess.
    I actually don't like loud guys- I prefer guys that are quiet and reserved.

Girls get rejected a lot too btw, it's just not directly.
    Many girls are like you, they would rather suffer in silence than make the first move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Many girls are like you, they would rather suffer in silence than make the first move.
    The exact same goes with many guys so......

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about rejection it's part of life.
    Is it too much a requirement to want a man thats not afraid to ask out women?
    So you are confident enough to do those things. I would understand if you lack confidence in general, but to say you are confident asking for a shop assistant's help, answering the door when the doorbell rings, or ordering a takeaway over the phone, but not confident enough to ask a man out who you like? Seriously?!!

In this world of equal rights, yes it is too much to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    So you are confident enough to do those things. I would understand if you lack confidence in general, but to say you are confident asking for a shop assistant's help, answering the door when the doorbell rings, or ordering a takeaway over the phone, but not confident enough to ask a man out who you like? Seriously?!!

In this world of equal rights, yes it is too much to ask.
    LOL! I don't want to date a "man" who is scared to ask a women out. You cannot convince me to think otherwise. BYE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    Absolutely agree with all your points.

The fact that a woman may have to throw in the disclaimer that she's not easy is disgusting. And I feel disgusted that my first thought is that she might be easy. I don't want to have that thought.

When I was younger and an idiot I was glad that there were women like this about. Made my life easier. I've grown out of that now and would never have a one night stand.

Although having said all that. It's quite similar the opposite way around anyway. A man will approach a woman and she may think he's just after one thing.
    I like women who approach me and don't care if they are easy (that's my personal preference though). I had 2 girls approach me in clubs before. Never in any other situation though. :lol: Without alcohol, I've had women be friendly towards me but only ever in a professional capacity. Otherwise they ignore me. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    FIRST OF ALL AS A STRONG AND EAGER FEMINIST YOU ARE JUST MAKING ASSUMPTIONS..YEAH MAYBE SOME FEMALES LIKE IT WHEN MEN PAY FOR THE MEAL BECAUSE THATS WHAT BEING A GENTLEMAN IS ALL ABOUT ..THEY DONT HAVE TO! BUT MOST DO BECAUSE ITS JUST SIMPLY A KIND GESTURE IN WHICH IS PLACED IN A MALES MIND...AND YES SOME OPEN THE DOORS FOR WOMEN AGAIN ITS JUST A NICE GESTURE.SO YOUR SAYING THAT MEN GIVE GIFTS TO WOMEN AND THEY DONT GIVE NOTHING BACK WEELLLLL I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE DO GIVE GIFTS BACK MOST OF YOUR POINTS HERE SUCK ITS ABOUT BEING FRIENDLY AND NICE WOMEN CAN BE GENTLEOWMN TOO IT MAY NOT BE AS COMMON AS A GENTLEMAN BUT IT STILL HAPPENS IT IS JUST AN ACT OF KINDNESS THT IS MORE FREQUENT IN MEN BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT MINDSET ..WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING.!?ALSO DATING IS EQUAL JUST BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE DONT PAY FOR THE MEAL MAYBE NEXT TIME WE PAY FOR THE MEAL OR GIVE THEM A GIFT IN RETURN..WE ARE ALL BORN EQUAL AND SHOULD REMAIN IT ALL THOUGH EQUALITY IS NOT THE CASE IN MANY AREAS OF GHE WORLD AND ALL OF US FEMINISTS ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THIS BECAUSE WHY THE HELL CAN A WOMAN NOT BE A PRIMEMINISTER OR GET PAYED THE SAME AMOUNT AS A MAN IS IT BECAUSE WE HAVE ****ING BOOBS AND LONG HAIR OR FEMALE GRNETICS BECAUSE THATS NOT FAIR...also message me xx well talk. Further
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I don't want to date a "man" who is scared to ask a women out. You cannot convince me to think otherwise. BYE!
    What do you do if there's a handsome looking guy who you like? Just wait around twiddling your thumbs? You're confident enough to do all these other things, why not this?

ReputationRep:
    You don't find a person that doesn't ask you out as desirable, yet you don't want to ask anyone out.. Pretty ironic if you ask me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Why would the open, chatty, very attractive and popular girl like a weird kid who she’s never spoken to who has 0 social skills? She might think he’s cute, I doubt she’ll be bleeding heart over him when there are plenty of other confident, funny, attractive guys that are into her?

A better example would be the chubby nerd girl who doesn’t have a lot of friends, but has been crushing on nerd guy all year. She doesn’t ask him out because she sees him staring at the popular girl and thinks she doesn’t have a chance. When really, if she just went and talked to him he’d probably consider her as an option.

Really when guys complain about how hard it is to get a girl, they’re talking about to 9/10 social butterfly girl that doesn’t know they exist. You’d all have much more success if you lowered your standards, life isn’t a John Green book where some manic pixie dream girl swoops in to ugly nerd boy’s life and they fall in lurv. Pretty girls don’t need to graft because they’re surrounded by options. If you want the pretty girl, you have to up your game and get onto her level, because I doubt the reason she doesn’t approach nerd guy is because she’s shy or thinks guys should make the first move. Its because she isn’t interested or doesn’t know he exists. :dontknow:
    I was not talking about a weird kid like being a freak, I meant a bit socially awkward.

So the nerd guy should not hope for the hot girl because she may not think he exists?

Most guys try to improve themselve. They try to like random rubbish that women like, so they can have something in common with the women. They take on a different personality to impress the girl. They save all the money and spend it on the girl to make her happy.

You see it is easy for girls because they are those that receive the attention. Guys have to do everything to get and keep her attention.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The exact same goes with many guys so......
    Many guys make the move but get destroyed by girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Many guys make the move but get destroyed by girls.
    LOL same goes with women I guess.

ReputationRep:
    What do you do if there's a handsome looking guy who you like? Just wait around twiddling your thumbs? You're confident enough to do all these other things, why not this?
    I will give signs that I am interested but that's it

ReputationRep:
    I will give signs that I am interested but that's it
    What signs do you give?

ReputationRep:
    What signs do you give?
    eye contact and smile

ReputationRep:
    they don't want to experience sexual harassment in the workplace (what about all the false accusations which ruin men's careers?), they want the same opportunities men have, they want equal opportunities for promotion (despite many of them taking time off for maternity leave).
    Your statement about 'false accusations' was debunked when Trump became president, sorry to burst your bubble. And what does taking time off for maternity leave have to do with a promotion?

Men are still expected to:

- ask the woman out and face possible rejection (women might give subtle hints, but under no circumstances will they ask the man out - that is "his job"
    - pay for the first date (and possible subsequent dates as well)
    - propose to the woman
    - treat her with meals/gifts
    - hold open the door for her
    - give up his coat if she's cold, so he can freeze (but never the other way around)
    - put the majority of effort into sex (this is centered around pleasing the woman - the man's enjoyment is always assumed)
    - be manly and dominant, never show any weak emotions, keep his problems bottled up because otherwise it's "unmanly"
    - household chores must now be shared. Women no longer have to do all the cooking and cleaning, it's shared equally between men, because otherwise it's gender discrimination/oppression. Despite the fact men are still seen as the primary breadwinner in the household and a man without a job is a virtual disaster.
    Most of this stuff, especially the whole part about men being "unmanly" if they show their emotions, is a product of toxic masculinity, nothing to do with women wanting to be superior to men. Holding doors open, treating with gifts etc, that's all stuff both parties should be doing, any decent human holds open the door for someone else. Feminism is about equality for both genders, if some people's opinions go against yours, have a conversation with them, what's the point calling out feminism for something that toxic masculinity has created? If you're talking from experience, then I would highly suggest you reflect on the people you choose to be with.

ReputationRep:
    eye contact and smile
    Many people give eye contact to strangers and some might smile out of politeness. You're not doing anything different to what most people do! :lol: You got to do more than that for him to know you're interested! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    You don't find a person that doesn't ask you out as desirable, yet you don't want to ask anyone out.. Pretty ironic if you ask me
    No it is not wth. If I want a confident man then I can. The same way guys don't want "hoes" or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I think either way women want equality, in the workplace and in a relationship. The difference is due to social norms and that’s about it. What you’ve listed are just kind things to do and not to do with gender equality in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Many people give eye contact to strangers and some might smile out of politeness. You're not doing anything different to what most people do! :lol: You got to do more than that for him to know you're interested! :lol:
    well tbh our culture is v much reserved anyway. Plus it's only UK men that expect women to do the approaching first lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.