Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I was not talking about a weird kid like being a freak, I meant a bit socially awkward.

So the nerd guy should not hope for the hot girl because she may not think he exists?

Most guys try to improve themselve. They try to like random rubbish that women like, so they can have something in common with the women. They take on a different personality to impress the girl. They save all the money and spend it on the girl to make her happy.

You see it is easy for girls because they are those that receive the attention. Guys have to do everything to get and keep her attention.
    Why would the popular/hot/chatty girl want to be with someone socially awkward? It’s not impossible but it’s highly unlikely, unless he approaches her. Implying that the only reason that she isn’t with him is because she’s not willing to approach is just living on cloud 9.

It’s easy for the beautiful, popular, sociable girls to get guys. It’s not easy for the girl equivalent of the nerd boy you describe, because the guys are deluded enough to think they can be with a 9/10 when they’re a 5 on a good day!

Nerd guy should be realistic, and find a girl with more in common with him but who doesn’t look like a model. Or they should stop whining about how hard girls are to get when they’re only going for unrealistic ones.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    LOL same goes with women I guess.
    Not really. Very few women ask men out.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Very few women ask men out.
    I dont think its a very few anymore. But guys still reject women
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Why would the popular/hot/chatty girl want to be with someone socially awkward? It’s not impossible but it’s highly unlikely, unless he approaches her. Implying that the only reason that she isn’t with him is because she’s not willing to approach is just living on cloud 9.

It’s easy for the beautiful, popular, sociable girls to get guys. It’s not easy for the girl equivalent of the nerd boy you describe, because the guys are deluded enough to think they can be with a 9/10 when they’re a 5 on a good day!

Nerd guy should be realistic, and find a girl with more in common with him but who doesn’t look like a model. Or they should stop whining about how hard girls are to get when they’re only going for unrealistic ones.
    Alright, so people should basically stay in their lane. Maybe the nerd guy should be realistic and the fat ugly girl should also be realistic.

ReputationRep:

this is all true ....but when society downplays looks so much in favour of personality [especially women] ..it's hardly surprising there's so many deluded guys walking about is there...

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so people should basically stay in their lane. Maybe the nerd guy should be realistic and the fat ugly girl should also be realistic.
    Fat ugly girls tend to be realistic and very insecure. Awkward nerdy guys tend to think the world owes them a hot girlfriend and then complain about not managing to achieve the attention of said hot girl.

A fat, ugly girl can be kind and interesting and beautiful in her own way. Just as the nerdy guys can. Recognising where you stand socially will give you much better outcomes romantically, that’s just how the world works.

ReputationRep:
    well tbh our culture is v much reserved anyway. Plus it's only UK men that expect women to do the approaching first lol
    Because women in UK want equality. Go to somewhere like South America, Southern Europe, Russia or Turkey, men act like men and women act like women. There are clear gender roles and no one has an issue with this equal rights nonsense.

It's only in Western countries like UK that the stupid feminist movement has completely blurred the lines. Women want all the benefits that men have, but none of the drawbacks. It's become "how many advantages can I get over men, while fighting for it under the guise of equality".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Because women in UK want equality. Go to somewhere like South America, Southern Europe, Russia or Turkey, men act like men and women act like women. There are clear gender roles and no one has an issue with this equal rights nonsense.

It's only in Western countries like UK that the stupid feminist movement has completely blurred the lines. Women want all the benefits that men have, but none of the drawbacks. It's become "how many advantages can I get over men, while fighting for it under the guise of equality".
    LOL so you call the feminist movement stupid but yet want equality? YOU only use feminism when you want.
    No you guys don't. If you did you'd stop referring women as hoes

And idgaf about UK men. The average guy here is afraid of women which is a massive turn off for me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fat ugly girls tend to be realistic and very insecure. Awkward nerdy guys tend to think the world owes them a hot girlfriend and then complain about not managing to achieve the attention of said hot girl.

A fat, ugly girl can be kind and interesting and beautiful in her own way. Just as the nerdy guys can. Recognising where you stand socially will give you much better outcomes romantically, that’s just how the world works.
    That is what i wrote, everyone should be realistic.

ReputationRep:
    LOL so you call the feminist movement stupid but yet want equality? YOU only use feminism when you want.
    No you guys don't. If you did you'd stop referring women as hoes

And idgaf about UK men. The average guy here is afraid of women which is a massive turn off for me
    No, I'm saying if you want equality, then have it. If you want gender roles, have that. Don't have some half-way house which massively disadvantages men, which is the situation we have currently.

And you're afraid of men. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm saying if you want equality, then have it. If you want gender roles, have that. Don't have some half-way house which massively disadvantages men, which is the situation we have currently.

And you're afraid of men. Pretty ironic if you ask me.
    No I am not afraid of men. I want a confident man there is a difference.

ReputationRep:
    blurred the lines.

Speaking of blurred lines, do you remember when it came out and feminists made all that fuss about it?

I never really saw the problem tbh, it was just a damn song....

ReputationRep:
    So.... whats with the (Despite many of them taking time off for maternity leave) Like women shouldn't be offered promotions because they a bit of time off to; not endanger her health/babies health which working under stress or extreme physical exertion would almost definitely do, or to have excruciating uterine contractions to actually push out another human being, and then form a secure attachment directly after the baby is born to ensure the child doesn't become an asocial screw up because they've had an anxious-avoidant attachment ??? Solidddd.

Your list below is vvvvv stereotypical, have you ever, like, googled 'feminism in relationships' because not to burst your bubble but every site is like;
    FEMINISM RUINING CHIVALRY
    FEMINISM RUINING HISTORICAL HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS WHERE MEN DO THE COURTING.

and if you've ever really been on a date where the girl hasn't offered to split the bill then go find a new girl??

A quick thing on your whole point on the gender pay gap: The only real gender pay gap in our white western society is in like Hollywood and places where companies make individual offers to each actor and we're exposing them anyway?? Please chill??? we did notice the law considering we're the ones who had to fight for it to be there. Thnx a bunch.

CAn everyone for the love of god stop with the whole 'feminists want superiority' like chill out
    there are places where women are literally being married underage and raped,
    we just want equality.
    Sorry if that offends anyone I guess?

Idk it just annoys me when people join the bandwagon with the whole feminist are evil and there isn't even a pay gap thing
    Pick something more relevant
    The pay gap isn't because that was sorted.
    We've moved on
    So should u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sehar.k101)
    FIRST OF ALL AS A STRONG AND EAGER FEMINIST YOU ARE JUST MAKING ASSUMPTIONS..YEAH MAYBE SOME FEMALES LIKE IT WHEN MEN PAY FOR THE MEAL BECAUSE THATS WHAT BEING A GENTLEMAN IS ALL ABOUT ..THEY DONT HAVE TO! BUT MOST DO BECAUSE ITS JUST SIMPLY A KIND GESTURE IN WHICH IS PLACED IN A MALES MIND...AND YES SOME OPEN THE DOORS FOR WOMEN AGAIN ITS JUST A NICE GESTURE.SO YOUR SAYING THAT MEN GIVE GIFTS TO WOMEN AND THEY DONT GIVE NOTHING BACK WEELLLLL I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE DO GIVE GIFTS BACK MOST OF YOUR POINTS HERE SUCK ITS ABOUT BEING FRIENDLY AND NICE WOMEN CAN BE GENTLEOWMN TOO IT MAY NOT BE AS COMMON AS A GENTLEMAN BUT IT STILL HAPPENS IT IS JUST AN ACT OF KINDNESS THT IS MORE FREQUENT IN MEN BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT MINDSET ..WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING.!?ALSO DATING IS EQUAL JUST BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE DONT PAY FOR THE MEAL MAYBE NEXT TIME WE PAY FOR THE MEAL OR GIVE THEM A GIFT IN RETURN..WE ARE ALL BORN EQUAL AND SHOULD REMAIN IT ALL THOUGH EQUALITY IS NOT THE CASE IN MANY AREAS OF GHE WORLD AND ALL OF US FEMINISTS ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THIS BECAUSE WHY THE HELL CAN A WOMAN NOT BE A PRIMEMINISTER OR GET PAYED THE SAME AMOUNT AS A MAN IS IT BECAUSE WE HAVE ****ING BOOBS AND LONG HAIR OR FEMALE GRNETICS BECAUSE THATS NOT FAIR...also message me xx well talk. Further
    This gave me a headache, stop shouting.

ReputationRep:
    This gave me a headache, stop shouting.

I got about 4 lines in and just couldn't continue....

ReputationRep:
    ... How hard is it to understand that the workplace is a neccessity while dating is a personal choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I got about 4 lines in and just couldn't continue....
    Someone (not me) should read it and summarise what they are going on about.

ReputationRep:
    They just want respect and heard it general

ReputationRep:
    No I am not afraid of men. I want a confident man there is a difference.
    You think men who can't ask a woman on a date are "afraid of women", but you can't do the same thing. :lol: Hypocrisy at its finest. Gotta love the feminist movement, so many double standards. It should just be named the women's superiority movement, because that's what it basically is. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDesfontaine)
    ... How hard is it to understand that the workplace is a neccessity while dating is a personal choice?
    Dating is a necessity, unless you want to die alone and forgo one of the biggest aspects of life - relationships with the opposite sex. Which very few people do.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.