Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Dating is a necessity, unless you want to die alone and forgo one of the biggest aspects of life - relationships with the opposite sex. Which very few people do.
    You dont have a right to a partner, relationships are a two way contract and the terms are private to the individuals inolved. The work place provides you with everything you should have a right to. However individuals want to conduct their own private dating life and the expectation they want from it is to each their own as long as both parties consent to it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDesfontaine)
    You dont have a right to a partner, relationships are a two way contract and the terms are private to the individuals inolved. The work place provides you with everything you should have a right to. However individuals want to conduct their own private dating life and the expectation they want from it is to each their own as long as both parties consent to it.
    You don't have a right to a job either. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have a right to a job either. What's your point?
    Actually if you dont have a job its benefits, a job provides you with the means to provide for yourself. It should be something that universally open to everyone in opportunity.

dating is a personal preference and how you handle it is up to the individual is my point.

ReputationRep:
    Actually if you dont have a job its benefits, a job provides you with the means to provide for yourself. It should be something that universally open to everyone in opportunity.

dating is a personal preference and how you handle it is up to the individual is my point.
    Working is also a personal preference. Nobody is forced to work, we just choose to work to have a better lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    Working is also a personal preference. Nobody is forced to work, we just choose to work to have a better lifestyle.
    Dating is decided by INDIVIDUALS

the rules for the workplace is made by a COLLECTIVE

ReputationRep:
    It’s crazy to me as a women that some people expect others to pay for their dinner, especially on a first date. Just pay for your own food 🤨

ReputationRep:

Yes, nobody is disputing that.

But either way, being employed is a personal choice, just like choosing to date is.

ReputationRep:

Dating is open to everyone. Sorry, you're not making much sense here.

Isn't it interesting then, that almost all these individual women collectively arrive at the same conclusion - the man must ask the woman out, the man must pay for the first date etc. (all the things listed in the first post).

ReputationRep:
    You think men who can't ask a woman on a date are "afraid of women", but you can't do the same thing. :lol: Hypocrisy at its finest. Gotta love the feminist movement, so many double standards. It should just be named the women's superiority movement, because that's what it basically is. :lol:
    For the last time to clear it up: I AM NOT AFRAID OF REJECTION. I JUST WANT THE GUY TO ASK ME OUT FIRST.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by loveleest)
    For the last time to clear it up: I AM NOT AFRAID OF REJECTION. I JUST WANT THE GUY TO ASK ME OUT FIRST.
    Why should he?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Would you ever ask a man out? What type of guy would you meet and be pushed to ask him out?

You seem to have double standards and have shown it throughout this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Why should he?
    It's a personal preference. Guys are allowed t have some certain standards in relationships. Why can't we? I want a guy that is confident not a guy that is "scared" to ask out women. If he is scared to ask me out then the relationship will most likely not work.
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Would you ever ask a man out? What type of guy would you meet and be pushed to ask him out?

Because I don't want to ask out a guy first. What I find hilarious is guys are allowed to have any standards they want. I remember on one of my threads when guys were saying they weren't ever going to date a women that slept with "x" amount of men and guys were literally insulting me when I asked them why not, they were telling me it's none of my business. Men don't want to date women with short hair, women that are darker than them etc. - No one says anything or say that they are shallow. But the minute I want a guy to ask me out... or want so and so from a guy I am rejecting feminism, I am now showing double standards. It's absolutely ridiculous. So why can't I have a personal preference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcadiabae)
    It’s crazy to me as a women that some people expect others to pay for their dinner, especially on a first date. Just pay for your own food 🤨
    Ngl the person who asks the other out should be the one to pay..and it’s usually the guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Ngl the person who asks the other out should be the one to pay..and it’s usually the guy
    I don't agree with that.

If I ask my mates if they fancy coming on a night out I wouldn't be expected to pay for them. Why would it be different if it's a date?

How about we just don't call it a date, is it ok then?

ReputationRep:

We all have double standards, there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm quite a skinny guy but there's not a chance I would go out with a skinny girl but obviously I expect her to like skinny guys. It's all about preference.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because I don't want to ask out a guy first. What I find hilarious is guys are allowed to have any standards they want. I remember on one of my threads when guys were saying they weren't ever going to date a women that slept with "x" amount of men and guys were literally insulting me when I asked them why not, they were telling me it's none of my business. Men don't want to date women with short hair, women that are darker than them etc. - No one says anything or say that they are shallow. But the minute I want a guy to ask me out... or want so and so from a guy I am rejecting feminism, I am now showing double standards. It's absolutely ridiculous. So why can't I have a personal preference?
    I agree with you and I think some men are shallow and hypocrites. However, i dont think women should be hypocrites as well, just because men are so.

For me, I do not mind the women’s race, whether she is black, white, asian, indian or Latin. It does not matter to me. As long as she is attractive, with a great personality and strong character, then it is fine. However, i would not date a woman that has slept with many men. It is just a personal preference because I see women like those to have weak character. I have gotten destroyed for this opinion, but I still stand by it.

Having written the above, I am more of a long-term relationship type of guy, i don't really do the whole one-night stand or quick turnaround kind of thing. So i would not want my woman to be that crazy imo.

To your point, i struggle to understand how you can be a self-professed feminist with all the extras then select sections of inequality that you are fine with. You basically want equality in certain areas then are happy with traditional roles in others. I think that is double standards.

ReputationRep:

I'm quite a skinny guy but there's not a chance I would go out with a skinny girl but obviously I expect her to like skinny guys. It's all about preference.
    Thank you!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

It is not good to have double standards, it is called hypocrisy. You basically have a set of rules for yourself and another set for others. Standards like this are why society is failing to progress
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't agree with that.

If I ask my mates if they fancy coming on a night out I wouldn't be expected to pay for them. Why would it be different if it's a date?

How about we just don't call it a date, is it ok then?
    Friends and a potential partner are different though.

I don't expect a man to pay for me personally. But don't think it's the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you and I think some men are shallow and hypocrites. However, i dont think women should be hypocrites as well, just because men are so.

For me, I do not mind the women’s race, whether she is black, white, asian, indian or Latin. It does not matter to me. As long as she is attractive, with a great personality and strong character, then it is fine. However, i would not date a woman that has slept with many men. It is just a personal preference because I see women like those to have weak character. I have gotten destroyed for this opinion, but I still stand by it.

Having written the above, I am more of a long-term relationship type of guy, i don't really do the whole one-night stand or quick turnaround kind of thing. So i would not want my woman to be that crazy imo.

To your point, i struggle to understand how you can be a self-professed feminist with all the extras then select sections of inequality that you are fine with. You basically want equality in certain areas then are happy with traditional roles in others. I think that is double standards.
    LOL yes, that's you. There with this thread a while back where guys were saying they weren't date "x" women or women that had so and so. It's fine for guys to pick and choose though, right?

Okay so you won't date a women that sleeps around because it shows she is "weak" and many guys think like that but women are not allowed to question it. But say you want a guy that asks you out first because it shows he is confident and really wants you it's now double standards.

I see it as a preference. I haven't said it's wrong for a guy and wait for a women to make he first move but it's just my preference for a guy to ask me out first. I am perfectly allowed to say that and it's not rejecting feminism.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.