Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    And in the early twentieth century, many people didn't think women were people...
    I don't doubt that there were some people in the early twentieth century that didn't think women were people but I don't know about there being 'many'; how many is 'many' and what is that quantitative assertion based on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    You don't sound in the least bit bitter in your attitude towards women. Unlucky you weren't born one I guess.
    Well I'm sorry if it sounds bitter, but it's true. People often don't like hearing the truth when they don't agree with it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't doubt that there were some people in the early twentieth century that didn't think women were people but I don't know about there being 'many'; how many is 'many' and what is that quantitative assertion based on?
    It was a public statement. Women were not considered equal to men. Even black people were considered 3/5 of humans.

The idea that you try to argue a definition is a bit silly imho. I think you do a disservice to the thousands of women, who struggled, fought and in some cases lost their lives to be recognised as persons on par with men and be given rights including the right to vote.

ReputationRep:
    Modern men are so hard to please!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Modern men are so hard to please!
    What??? I think you have mistaken it for modern women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    What??? I think you have mistaken it for modern women.
    No,men. Women are considerate and caring in general,probably a few exceptions. Also men really do need to man up and stop being so whiny
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No,men. Women are considerate and caring in general,probably a few exceptions. Also men really do need to man up and stop being so whiny
    Many men have been “manning up” for years. Women have had double standards, but this has started to catch up with them via “MeToo” and “TimesUp”.

Be brutally honest with yourself and examine the lives of men and women, you would see the hypocrisy that some women have used for years.

ReputationRep:
    There’s a difference between having gender roles and abuse and inequality because of them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No, men. Women are considerate and caring in general, probably a few exceptions. Also men really do need to man up and stop being so whiny
    Well, that's my comedic fill for the day taken care of.

ReputationRep:
    It was a public statement...
    Just because something was a public statement doesn't prove that it was believed by many. I think my questions are both valid and reasonable. How many is 'many' in this instance and on what basis is that assertion made?

ReputationRep:
    Many men have been “manning up” for years. Women have had double standards, but this has started to catch up with them via “MeToo” and “TimesUp”.

Be brutally honest with yourself and examine the lives of men and women, you would see the hypocrisy that some women have used for years.
    Modern men taken on the role of a woman. Constantly in their feelings,moaning and complaining. It's no wonder women have had enough. You can't deny a lot of men are becoming effeminate. Most women just aren't into that sort of stuff(straight women). We want assertive and confident men and until men can live up to that standard,you can't blame women for upping their game

ReputationRep:
    or how about fights is it not sexist to not punch a woman just because of her gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    Well, that's my comedic fill for the day taken care of.
    That's a fact. Women are all about love,care and compassion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRuralJuror)
    or how about fights is it not sexist to not punch a woman just because of her gender?
    Punching women high on your agenda by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    This the ideal type of statements that need to stop, I'm sure your the kind of person to use the term "mansplaining" and think you helping resolve the issue. All you're doing is further segregating us, and to claim that men are being "whiny" without any real interpretations, does not help your cause.

ReputationRep:
    That's a fact. Women are all about love,care and compassion.
    Alright, sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    Punching women high on your agenda by any chance?
    I did get offended harassed by a woman last year but was too sexist to punch her straight in the face.
    and this is an argument no matter how extreme it may sound,
    and no my agenda is not full of women punching plans

ReputationRep:
    why are people of opposite genders or even the same gender trying to explain men or women? dafu* do you know about how other men or women feel.
    isn't that generalizing about a gender...hence sexist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TastyChicken)
    This the ideal type of statements that need to stop, I'm sure your the kind of person to use the term "mansplaining" and think you helping resolve the issue. All you're doing is further segregating us, and to claim that men are being "whiny" without any real interpretations, does not help your cause.
    Men don't want to be held accountable yet the they want to complain about women constantly? Double standard
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just because something was a public statement doesn't prove that it was believed by many. I think my questions are both valid and reasonable. How many is 'many' in this instance and on what basis is that assertion made?
    What??? Women were treated with disdain and you are trying to say that it never happened. Wow, ok.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.