ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    Alright, sweetheart.
    Care to elaborate why you disagree?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Modern men taken on the role of a woman. Constantly in their feelings,moaning and complaining. It's no wonder women have had enough. You can't deny a lot of men are becoming effeminate. Most women just aren't into that sort of stuff(straight women). We want assertive and confident men and until men can live up to that standard,you can't blame women for upping their game
    I agree that some men have been effeminate, but this is a new phenomenon. What we are arguing is double standards that has existed for years.

When a man is tough, a woman says he is too tough or aggresive. When he is calm, she says that he is weak or a pushover. When he dates one girl, she says that he is not all that. When he dates several girls, she says he is a predator.

When he is assertive and goes in, she says that he is perveted creep. When he treats her with respect, she says that he is dull and cowardly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I agree that some men have been effeminate, but this is a new phenomenon. What we are arguing is double standards that has existed for years.

When a man is tough, a woman says he is too tough or aggresive. When he is calm, she says that he is weak or a pushover. When he dates one girl, she says that he is not all that. When he dates several girls, she says he is a predator.

When he is assertive and goes in, she says that he is perveted creep. When he treats her with respect, she says that he is dull and cowardly.
    Haha,I think it's only a small percentage of women who love complaining about all that stuff. Most women aren't just simple and down to earth
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheRuralJuror)
    or how about fights is it not sexist to not punch a woman just because of her gender?
    I agree with this. I saw a woman slap a man in public during an apparent argument. The man did not overreact and people just kept on with their business. I wonder whether the reaction would have been the same if it was the man that slapped and humilated the woman.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Haha,I think it's only a small percentage of women who love complaining about all that stuff. Most women aren't just simple and down to earth
    I agree, most women aren’t simple and down to earth. They constantly play men and treat them like suckers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRuralJuror)
    I did get offended harassed by a woman last year but was too sexist to punch her straight in the face.
    and this is an argument no matter how extreme it may sound,
    and no my agenda is not full of women punching plans
    I don't think you should be thinking of punching anyone in the face unless you genuinely fear for your safety and it constitutes a reasonable response to their behaviour (i.e. they are swinging at you). Feeling offended or harassed isn't quite the same thing. Otherwise, whether an attacker is male or female shouldn't make any difference, it doesn't to me.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, most women aren’t simple and down to earth. They constantly play men and treat them like suckers.
    Typo error,most women are down to earth and simple! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    I don't doubt that there were some people in the early twentieth century that didn't think women were people but I don't know about there being 'many'; how many is 'many' and what is that quantitative assertion based on?
    http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/192...become-persons

In 1929, women were named legally 'persons' in Canada. So it was in law.

Now that I've said it, can you answer the question: Do you feel the same way about early 20th century women being murdered that you do about unborn children? Because both weren't considered people.

ReputationRep:
    To be precise they want equality only in those workplaces that (most of the time) related to some not very physical or exhausting activities that even can be enjoyable in a sense (so they often reference IT in that regard, but never mining and so on)

ReputationRep:
    What??? Women were treated with disdain and you are trying to say that it never happened. Wow, ok.
    But I've never claimed women have not been treated with disdain, by all means go back through the thread. It seems to me that you are struggling to support an assertion and so trying to deflect from it. My questions were valid and reasonable, either you can or cannot answer them. If you cannot answer them just say so, there's no shame in it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Typo error,most women are down to earth and simple! *
    Ok, i disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Care to elaborate why you disagree?
    The main reason for my disagreement is probably due to the fact that you've provided absolutely no sources of evidence for your emphatic assertions that "women are considerate and caring in general" and "women are all about love, care and compassion".
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    But I've never claimed women have not been treated with disdain, by all means go back through the thread. It seems to me that you are struggling to support an assertion and so trying to deflect from it. My questions were valid and reasonable, either you can or cannot answer them. If you cannot answer them just say so, there's no shame in it.
    What question? Ask the question here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Chucke1992)
    To be precise they want equality only in those workplaces that (most of the time) related to some not very physical or exhausting activities that even can be enjoyable in a sense (so they often reference IT in that regard, but never mining and so on)
    I agree. They want “equality” in high pay low risk employment like law, finance or consulting, but never mention the other jobs like construction, police and other types of not-so-glamorous roles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    The main reason for my disagreement is probably due to the fact that you've provided absolutely no sources of evidence for your emphatic assertions that "women are considerate and caring in general" and "women are all about love, care and compassion".
    What sources? I'm a woman myself and most women possesses those qualities listed above. Motherhood is a great example of women being caring. Women are nurturing and in most cases the primary caregiver. A woman's love is endless and endures all pain. And even when a woman Is hurting,we are still able to love. God bless women

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read all the replies, so this is aimed at the original post. Firstly you sound a little immature, and secondly you've made some mega sweeping generalisations about women. Perhaps the women you're dating expect you to pay / do everything for them, the majority aren't like that - you need to widen your net! I'm in a long term relationship and we've always took it in turns to pay for meals / nights out.

There are always going to be differences though, we'll never truly achieve equality, that's biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucke1992)
    I'm sorry but women shouldn't be lifting heavy things if there's men around to do it. We aren't built the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. They want “equality” in high pay low risk employment like law, finance or consulting, but never mention the other jobs like construction, police and other types of not-so-glamorous roles.
    What a load of baloney! I work in the construction industry, And there are plenty of female police officers too.

ReputationRep:
    What sources? I'm a woman myself and most women possesses those qualities listed above. Motherhood is a great example of women being caring. Women are nurturing and in most cases the primary caregiver. A woman's love is endless and endures all pain. And even when a woman Is hurting,we are still able to love. God bless women
    All conjecture. Where is your evidence for all of this? Whatever you yourself might be, you can't speak for all women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)

In 1929, women were named legally 'persons' in Canada. So it was in law...
    Your claim was that many people believed women were not people. You haven't demonstrated what you mean by 'many' nor how you come by that quantitative assertion. You have only identified a change in law in Canada - that says nothing about how many people believed what. Remember also that what is or is not law is not of itself evidence of what people more widely believed.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.