Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Fair, but the issue is that sometimes it is difficult.

A man meets a woman with a “character flaw”, she messes him up. When he realises, he moves on to another woman, who messes him up as well. By the time he reaches the “right” one, he has been psychologically and emotionally wrecked that he is unable to truly love the right one.

It is no wonder, young cheerful men turn out to be heartless bast.ards when they grow up. They have been destroyed by several women over the years that they have nothing else to give.
    Omg, this post is hilarious. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.

So a man getting "messed up" by women is enough to become a prick? Is this a joke? Women get messed around all the time. "Men" that get traumatised from getting hurt/rejected to grow up and move on. It's part of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grumbling)
    hmm wondered why aswell when you said this.
    Seriously, what are you going on about? :laugh: I guess my post is triggered you so much it's causing you to talk a bunch of crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Omg, this post is hilarious. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.

So a man getting "messed up" by women is enough to become a prick? Is this a joke? Women get messed around all the time. "Men" that get traumatised from getting hurt/rejected to grow up and move on. It's part of life.
    Its part of life? Thats weird then how I always meet women complaining about minor unfair things in their life, yet when confronted with examples men face, they just default to "thats life". Your whole argument is pure idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    Its part of life? Thats weird then how I always meet women complaining about minor unfair things in their life, yet when confronted with examples men face, they just default to "thats life". Your whole argument is pure idiocy.
    A guy used me a few months ago. It hurt. I moved on. Was I supposed to become a prick and start being mean to people? No...I moved the fu*k on.

ReputationRep:
    A guy used me a few months ago. It hurt. I moved on. Was I supposed to become a prick and start being mean to people? No...I moved the fu*k on.
    You're ignoring my point, and honestly the WHOLE point of this discussion, The point is why should Women be able to pick and choose what classifies as "sexist" or "tradition" e.g. males have to be the proposers etc. and why do you have the right to classify other peoples problems as "part of life". How about this, you dont leave the kitchen again and dont learn at school, live with it because its "part of life"
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're ignoring my point, and honestly the WHOLE point of this discussion, The point is why should Women be able to pick and choose what classifies as "sexist" or "tradition" e.g. males have to be the proposers etc. and why do you have the right to classify other peoples problems as "part of life". How about this, you dont leave the kitchen again and dont learn at school, live with it because its "part of life"
    Why should men be able to choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Why should men be able to choose?
    Never said men should, in fact Men don't choose most of the time in life, how many times has a man chosen for a woman to ask him out? to propose? You complain about women being expected to do things everyday, yet this is constant for males, men are golbally expected to be tough, sporty and manly etc. The people that should choose what is "tradition" and what is "sexist" are the people that are thinking of doing the action, genders shouldnt expect things of other genders for the sake of genders. It should all be personal choice, if a CEO diesnt hire a female because he fears he'll have to support her fertinity leave is not sexism, hes just doing it to optimise his business. If a stunning woman joins a team but is fired because the boss fears she'll distract the workers, THATS NOT SEXISM, Thats just him trying to do the best for his company. Unfortunately the ideals of feminism contradict this idea entirely and are constantly changed to tailor their own needs. Your point again is invalid and dumb. Congrats on your debating skills.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Never said men should, in fact Men don't choose most of the time in life, how many times has a man chosen for a woman to ask him out? to propose?
    Regardless of gender, you shouldn't expect someone to do those things. If you want those things to happen, do them yourself.

if a CEO diesnt hire a female because he fears he'll have to support her fertinity leave is not sexism, hes just doing it to optimise his business. If a stunning woman joins a team but is fired because the boss fears she'll distract the workers, THATS NOT SEXISM, Thats just him trying to do the best for his company.
    Er, that is sexism. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's discrimination and therefore, illegal. You can't just refuse to hire someone on the basis on gender. Maybe, you men should learn to control yourselves...

ReputationRep:
    Never said men should, in fact Men don't choose most of the time in life, how many times has a man chosen for a woman to ask him out? to propose? You complain about women being expected to do things everyday, yet this is constant for males, men are golbally expected to be tough, sporty and manly etc. The people that should choose what is "tradition" and what is "sexist" are the people that are thinking of doing the action, genders shouldnt expect things of other genders for the sake of genders. It should all be personal choice, if a CEO diesnt hire a female because he fears he'll have to support her fertinity leave is not sexism, hes just doing it to optimise his business. If a stunning woman joins a team but is fired because the boss fears she'll distract the workers, THATS NOT SEXISM, Thats just him trying to do the best for his company. Unfortunately the ideals of feminism contradict this idea entirely and are constantly changed to tailor their own needs. Your point again is invalid and dumb. Congrats on your debating skills.
    Are you genuinely saying that men are unable to concentrate on their work is there’s a beautiful women around? If you’re that easily distracted by a woman working in the same vicinity as you that makes you a bad employee, not the fault of a women for the way she was born. Hope you’re trolling and not actually that thick.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Er, that is sexism. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's discrimination and therefore, illegal. You can't just refuse to hire someone on the basis on gender. Maybe, you men should learn to control yourselves...
    “Not all men” but don’t wear something showing your shoulders because it’ll distract men, don’t work if you’re beautiful as men won’t be able to concentrate or work because of her, don’t let your daughter date because you “know what boys are like”. Dare I say it, double standards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidJES)
    ...Take a look at yourselves and work on that nasty personality.
    Thanks for this David, while we're piping down we will reflect on our nasty personalities. Did I tell you that you are awesome by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of gender, you shouldn't expect someone to do those things. If you want those things to happen, do them yourself.

Thats exactly what I said, thanks for the repeat?

"You men" Thats sexism, right there you imbecile, you immediately categorise people by gender based on what they say? Nice logic, also my examples werent sexist, the CEO or boss figure isnt refusing to hire someone BECAUSE of their gender, but BECAUSE they want to optimise their business, gender is a factor NOT a reason, update yourself before saying something, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    sigh, I am not going to argue with "men" here that think asking a women out or proposing to a women is too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Are you genuinely saying that men are unable to concentrate on their work is there’s a beautiful women around? If you’re that easily distracted by a woman working in the same vicinity as you that makes you a bad employee, not the fault of a women for the way she was born. Hope you’re trolling and not actually that thick.
    I admit that example was far fetched and bit stupid (rushed reply) but the concept stands the same, hes not hiring because of her gender, its just that she possibly being a distraction and therefore unoptimsing the business is a factor, at the end of the day hes not hiring because he wants to optimise his business. He doesnt care if she is a girl or married etc. He just wants to optimise and make the most out of his company. Same goes if it was a disgruntled man or a celebrity male, he wouldnt hire him because hes male. Its because he'd possibly distract and distrupt work

ReputationRep:
    sigh, I am not going to argue with "men" here that think asking a women out or proposing to a women is too difficult.
    thanks again for the wonderful contribution, my gosh your debating skills are insane! Its almost as if you understand the concept of a example! Thanks again for the pointless "ugh men" retort.

ReputationRep:
    thanks again for the wonderful contribution, my gosh your debating skills are insane! Its almost as if you understand the concept of a example! Thanks again for the pointless "ugh men" retort.
    LOL, you welcome?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, you welcome?
    Its jokes as you dont even understand the concept of sarcasm, at this point I'm confused to why you even attempt to contribute to discussions, especially as you just try back out and maintain a "casual" posture by saying "LOL" and stuff when you have no appropriate retort.

ReputationRep:
    I admit that example was far fetched and bit stupid (rushed reply) but the concept stands the same, hes not hiring because of her gender, its just a factor, at the end of the day hes not hiring because he wants to optimise his business. He doesnt care if she is a girl or married etc. He just wants to optimise and make the most out of his company.
    If the majority of his employees were white and racist, then is it not discrimination to not hire black people as it wouldn’t “optimise business”? The two aren’t mutually exclusive. I see your point but it’s still sexist to not hire a woman for her appearance, whether it effects the business or not.

If a woman is the best candidate for the job but doesn’t get it because she’d a “distraction” for being hot, that’s textbook discrimination. Same if he doesn’t hire a woman for having the potential to become pregnant. Wanting to optimise the company isn’t a good enough excuse for discrimination imo.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Seriously, what are you going on about? :laugh: I guess my post is triggered you so much it's causing you to talk a bunch of crap?
    Really? Ok. I guess you are still sheltered in your own world. Men are capable of getting their heartbroken as well. Women are not inherent victims.

But that is not what feminists are arguing. They are saying that you have to put in place entrenched quotas for women. So regardless of her ability, there has to be 30% of all top jobs or board-level appointments to be reserved for women.

Some people rightly or wrongly argue that roles should be given to the most qualified, but some women cry foul play.

For example, a story that I heard about a woman who sued her company for discrimination. She had been employed the same time as a man. Over the next 15 years, she had 4 year-long maternity leaves and 2 years off for personal reasons.

It came the time to appoint a new Director and the woman cried foul play because they appointed the man over her. This is bearing in mind that she had taken 6 years off and had an equivalent experience of 9 years rather than about 15 years, which the man had.

The judgement was against the woman because it was not viewed as malicious but the subsequent reaction created a massive focus on sexism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Really? Ok. I guess you are still sheltered in your own world. Men are capable of getting their heartbroken as well. Women are not inherent victims.

But that is not what feminists are arguing. They are saying that you have to put in place entrenched quotas for women. So regardless of her ability, there has to be 30% of all top jobs or board-level appointments to be reserved for women.

Some people rightly or wrongly argue that roles should be given to the most qualified, but some women cry foul play.

For example, a story that I heard about a woman who sued her company for discrimination. She had been employed the same time as a man. Over the next 15 years, she had 4 year-long maternity leaves and 2 years off for personal reasons.

It came the time to appoint a new Director and the woman cried foul play because they appointed the man over her. This is bearing in mind that she had taken 6 years off and had an equivalent experience of 9 years rather than about 15 years, which the man had.

The judgement was against the woman because it was not viewed as malicious but the subsequent reaction created a massive focus on sexism.
    Women get heartbroken too?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.