Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    If the majority of his employees were white and racist, then is it not discrimination to not hire black people as it wouldn’t “optimise business”? The two aren’t mutually exclusive. I see your point but it’s still sexist to not hire a woman for her appearance, whether it effects the business or not.

If a woman is the best candidate for the job but doesn’t get it because she’d a “distraction” for being hot, that’s textbook discrimination. Same if he doesn’t hire a woman for having the potential to become pregnant. Wanting to optimise the company isn’t a good enough excuse for discrimination imo.
    Ok, I admit my example with the beautiful woman was bad and frankly, unrealistic, dumb and sexist. I agree with your point for it being classed as discrimination aswell, My bad for posting that ridiculous example, again I was rushing a reply and didn't really think it through. But with my previous example with the early pregnant woman, or likely to get pregnant woman, I didn't say if she was the best candidate. And obviously, if she was, but was still denied, then it would be fishy, as surely her high level of work would offset her pregnancy leave.

But in my example she was not that. It was just a random woman who was average in a high demand business e.g. Finance, it would not be sexism to put someone else before her in a list. You could argue it was discrimination against her lifestyle, but again, the reason isn't gender, The only logical reason in this hypothetically non bias business is its because you'd prioritise the person thats less likely to take more breaks. That it be another female or male.

The economy should not take compromises for peoples choices. If this hypothetical woman had mentioned she doesn't intend to get pregnant soon but was still denied, then that'd be sexism / discrimination as the only logical reason for denial would be because of their gender. But if she mentioned she does still want to have a baby soon and was therefore denied, thats not sexism or discrimination, it was her conscious choice to decide to plan or become pregnant, and any person of reasonable intellect making that decision would recognise the consequences.

A CEO turning down candidates with the intention of optimising the company is a perfectly legit reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Women get heartbroken too?
    Yes, both get heartbroken. It is not okay for men to get their confidence and hearts shattered, but unfair for women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Yes, both get heartbroken. It is not okay for men to get their confidence and hearts shattered, but unfair for women.
    Who said it's only unfair for women? women get rejected and their hearts broken all the time, too
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Who said it's only unfair for women? women get rejected and their hearts broken all the time, too
    That is the expected reaction.

ReputationRep:
    That is the expected reaction.
    I dont understand what you mean. - Expand?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I dont understand what you mean. - Expand?
    Women are generally considered victims for activities whether in relationships or generally in life.

ReputationRep:
    Women are generally considered victims for activities whether in relationships or generally in life.
    No, it's the truth. Many women gets used and rejected in relationships, it happens all the time.
    The girl will be interested in a relationship, but the guy would just end up friendwb zoning her. This is also a type of rejection. Then it keeps happening and the girl gets called a hoe. How is that fair?

ReputationRep:
    don't bother with loveleest, she's shown she's clearly not capable of debating properly, she likes to pick and choose parts of the arguments, and ignore the other points that tie them together. Not worth the time replying to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, it's the truth. Many women gets used and rejected in relationships, it happens all the time.
    The girl will be interested in a relationship, but the guy would just end up friendwb zoning her. This is also a type of rejection. Then it keeps happening and the girl gets called a hoe. How is that fair?
    How you have made the woman to be a victim again is amazing?

The issue that we are debating is how men have gotten their hearts destroyed by women and then told to “man up”. Women are not inherent victims in the dating game, but they are played out to be one.

If a man continues to be interested in a relationship, which the woman is not interested in, he would be called dull or whatever terms women use this days. However, for a woman, she is a victim. “Why can’t he love her the same way that she loves him”.

ReputationRep:
    How you have made the woman to be a victim again is amazing?

The issue that we are debating is how men have gotten their hearts destroyed by women and then told to “man up”. Women are not inherent victims in the dating game, but they are played out to be one.

If a man continues to be interested in a relationship, which the woman is not interested in, he would be called dull or whatever terms women use this days. However, for a woman, she is a victim. “Why can’t he love her the same way that she loves him”.
    Women get called hoes. Why do you think some women have high body counts? Because they sleep with a guy that they intended to get into a relationship when he uses her just to get laid. The cycle keeps repeating and the women gets called a hoe. I ma not making women a "vctim" or whatever. I am saying what I believe is true.

(Original post by Grumbling)
    don't bother with loveleest, she's shown she's clearly not capable of debating properly, she likes to pick and choose parts of the arguments, and ignore the other points that tie them together. Not worth the time replying to.
    Mind your own business.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Women get called hoes. Why do you think some women have high body counts? Because they sleep with a guy that they intended to get into a relationship when he uses her just to get laid. The cycle keeps repeating and the women gets called a hoe. I ma not making women a "vctim" or whatever. I am saying what I believe is true.

Mind your own business.
    In most relationships, women dictate what happens. Calling them hoes is, i think, because of the lack of self control.

If a woman meets a lad today and then sleeps with him today, then she has herself to blame. Men are hunters, women are gatherers.

A sensible woman controls herself when she is with men and does not let herself fall for the age-old game.

It is not a good look to have a high bodycount. I have met a woman that has been with about 30 guys. Although i respected her honest opinion that she did not care, i was shocked at the apparent lack of control. To me, high body count is wrong.

ReputationRep:

Mind your own business.
    This is a debate, every input is part of the debate. Not a private conversation.

You retorted to me "wow males have a tough job proposing" sarcastically and dismissed it as a point, then you argue something comparably weak like being called a "hoe" as a valid point? You clearly have no idea what you're arguing for, and your only interest is to gain some "I'm disadvantaged" tag / statement.

You clearly don't believe in your point if the example you use is as weak as a point you argued was invalid previously. Also you have consistently victimised women in this discussion, referring to anyone against you as "these men". This implies that the men are the givers of this 'abuse', and the only other choice (females) are the receivers of this abuse.

ReputationRep:
    In most relationships, women dictate what happens. Calling them hoes is, i think, because of the lack of self control.

If a woman meets a lad today and then sleeps with him today, then she has herself to blame. Men are hunters, women are gatherers.

A sensible woman controls herself when she is with men and does not let herself fall for the age-old game.

It is not a good look to have a high bodycount. I have met a woman that has been with about 30 guys. Although i respected her honest opinion that she did not care, i was shocked at the apparent lack of control. To me, high body count is wrong.
    Thats some horse ****- sorry. It really is. Many women get used in relationships. Many women tell men want they want and men do not follow and then we end up getting used. Yes, it is happened to me. Do you think if I knew that I would have allowed myself to get used?
    A women's body count if none of anyone's business, I am surprised she even told you that tbh- She should keep that to herself.

ReputationRep:
    Men are hunters, women are gatherers...
    What do you hunt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    What do you hunt?
    Sympathy, by the looks of it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    because women are dumb, they need to stick to the kitchen and doing the washing up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yacob)
    because women are dumb, they need to stick to the kitchen and doing the washing up.
    Very poor effort troll, 0/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Very poor effort troll, 0/10
    at least I am not a catfish like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yacob)
    at least I am not a catfish like you
    I’d rather be a catfish than a rubbish troll.
    :troll:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thats some horse ****- sorry. It really is. Many women get used in relationships. Many women tell men want they want and men do not follow and then we end up getting used. Yes, it is happened to me. Do you think if I knew that I would have allowed myself to get used?
    A women's body count if none of anyone's business, I am surprised she even told you that tbh- She should keep that to herself.
    If she wants to be open and honest, then she has to, else then we can live a life of lies.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.