Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    To a man, getting laid regularly is an achievement.
    To a woman, it’s a disgrace, not respecting yourself.
    That’s the different, the intention behind the words. Men laugh it off because it’s light hearted, not whispered when you walk into a room or spat at you as an insult.
    It's seen as an achievement because a) women have lower sex drives b) women are far more picky than men.

Most men will have sex with any half decent looking woman. So it's not an achievement for a woman to get laid regularly, because it's so easy to do. That's why no one gives it respect. People generally don't give respect to things that are straight forward to achieve.

It's all about supply and demand - male sex drive is in plentiful supply, female sex drive is in lower supply. There's a mismatch, which means any woman who wants to get laid and is willing to drop her standards can do so at relative ease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    It's seen as an achievement because a) women have lower sex drives b) women are far more picky than men.

Most men will have sex with any half decent looking woman. So it's not an achievement for a woman to get laid regularly, because it's so easy to do. That's why no one gives it respect. People generally don't give respect to things that are straight forward to achieve.

It's all about supply and demand - male sex drive is in plentiful supply, female sex drive is in lower supply. There's a mismatch, which means any woman who wants to get laid and is willing to drop her standards can do so at relative ease.
    My issue isn’t with men being praised for getting laid, it’s with people using it as an insult against women. Judging someone because of how much or how little sex they have is childish, especially when it’s from other women.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My issue isn’t with men being praised for getting laid, it’s with people using it as an insult against women. Judging someone because of how much or how little sex they have is childish, especially when it’s from other women.
    Plenty of women sleep around though and don't give a damn what others think.

The judging is more of a class issue - among working classes, women sleep around all the time and no one really cares. I find it's only among the middle class that people make an issue of it.

Also if people aren't getting sex themselves (male or female), they judge people who do.

Besides, men get judged in countless other ways. If a man walks into a room with makeup on, he would get laughed at in the face. No one bats an eyelid if women wear makeup. There are so many other examples where men are expected to act a certain way, you need to stop banging on about women's rights and women's issues. Men have it worse, it's just we have to "get on with life", "be a man" and not complain about it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    M3N R TR4$H.
    situations like that is why girls get labelled "hoes"
    I disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I disagree
    It's why some girs do. It's a result of guys fking them over and using them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Plenty of women sleep around though and don't give a damn what others think.

The judging is more of a class issue - among working classes, women sleep around all the time and no one really cares. I find it's only among the middle class that people make an issue of it.

Also if people aren't getting sex themselves (male or female), they judge people who do.

Besides, men get judged in countless other ways. If a man walks into a room with makeup on, he would get laughed at in the face. No one bats an eyelid if women wear makeup. There are so many other examples where men are expected to act a certain way, you need to stop banging on about women's rights and women's issues. Men have it worse, it's just we have to "get on with life", "be a man" and not complain about it.
    Life isn’t the “battle of the sexes” you think it is. Women have problems, men have problems, it’s not the oppression olympics. Me talking about a way that women are judged isn’t implying men aren’t judged, we all have our issues. There are positives and negatives of being a women and being a man.

Reality isn’t the sjw third wave feminism or the meninist broflakes. Once you manage to get off the forums and talk to some real life women you’ll realise that the “war on men” you fear so much is something that lives on social media.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's why some girs do. It's a result of guys fking them over and using them
    Some Girls need to wake up. You dont sleep with every man that you meet or fancy. You need to go back to traditional ways and make sure that the dude is worth allowing him to your sacred place.

Women need to stop playing victims. If you see dating as a game, then everything is fair in the game. If you are serious about dating, then dont play the game and look for a serious relationship and stick to him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That’s the different, the intention behind the words. Men laugh it off because it’s light hearted, not whispered when you walk into a room or spat at you as an insult.
    Women need to be careful then

ReputationRep:
    Women need to be careful then
    Careful? What, incase they slip and land on a d*ck?
    Can’t we just respect that what someone does for their sex life is their own business and not act like it’s something to use as an insult?

ReputationRep:
    Some Girls need to wake up. You dont sleep with every man that you meet or fancy. You need to go back to traditional ways and make sure that the dude is worth allowing him to your sacred place.

Women need to stop playing victims. If you see dating as a game, then everything is fair in the game. If you are serious about dating, then dont play the game and look for a serious relationship and stick to him.
    Yeah, I know but sometimes it isn't that easy. Like you would think the guy is into you but he is just lying to you. A lot of naive girls fall for it. It's also a hard rejection too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah, I know but sometimes it isn't that easy. Like you would think the guy is into you but he is just lying to you. A lot of naive girls fall for it. It's also a hard rejection too.
    They need to be careful. We don't live in the 1950s when it was okay to be ignorant. We have the internet and people are now more cautious. Just playing victim cannot cut it anymore.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Careful? What, incase they slip and land on a d*ck?
    Can’t we just respect that what someone does for their sex life is their own business and not act like it’s something to use as an insult?
    What happens in someone’s sex life is the business of them and their partners. I honestly dont care if a woman has had 424 partners in the past. If she is not my girl, then good luck to the lad she ends up with.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point. Women consider it a disgrace, whereas men don't.

It may be an achievement, but that's amongst other men who are playing the same game. Nobody is stopping women from congratulating each other on sleeping around.

And I hear many many women refer to men as slappers in a negative way, not light hearted. It's just that the man they are referring to couldn't care less. It's the women that care.

Go to any night club and you will regularly hear women calling men these names in a negative way. They say it direct to the guy too when rejecting them.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. When guys get called its not the same. Lets not start this, please.
    You can disagree all you like, but no need to moan about it.

Chin up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    Exactly my point. Women consider it a disgrace, whereas men don't.

It may be an achievement, but that's amongst other men who are playing the same game. Nobody is stopping women from congratulating each other on sleeping around.

And I hear many many women refer to men as slappers in a negative way, not light hearted. It's just that the man they are referring to couldn't care less. It's the women that care.

Go to any night club and you will regularly hear women calling men these names in a negative way. They say it direct to the guy too when rejecting them.
    What exactly was your point though? Were you just making a statement that men aren’t offended at comments about their sex life? Upon reflection, I think maybe we were both answering questions that weren’t asked.

(Original post by EpicBrum)
    Men get called hoes, slágs, whores etc too. The difference though is that women, in general, are offended when called it. Men tend to laugh it off.

ReputationRep:
    They need to be careful. We don't live in the 1950s when it was okay to be ignorant. We have the internet and people are now more cautious. Just playing victim cannot cut it anymore.
    wth has the internet got to do with some stupid f*ckboy fkin some girl over ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    wth has the internet got to do with some stupid f*ckboy fkin some girl over ?
    I wrote that we have the internet and technology advancement to communicate and know better. Many decades ago, it was fair that a woman was naive and did not know much about dating, but now, women are more aware of the dating world through the internet and social media.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that we have the internet and technology advancement to communicate and know better. Many decades ago, it was fair that a woman was naive and did not know much about dating, but now, women are more aware of the dating world through the internet and social media.
    LMAO. I have no dating experience so how am I supposed to know everything about dating? :/ surely you learn from experience....right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    LMAO. I have no dating experience so how am I supposed to know everything about dating? :/ surely you learn from experience....right?
    Yes, but in many cases you learn from your community. Most women learn from the sisters and mothers. Now they also learn from the internet.

We have very young girls (i.e. 12/13 year olds) knowing about f*uckboys, so they are aware of clowns pretending to be men. This has been due to social media and the internet.

ReputationRep:
    And you ain't going to get that experience sitting around waiting for men to approach you. :lol: Particularly when your signals are "smile and eye contact", like everyone does when they're just being friendly and not looking to be asked out.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.