Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeyA2000)
    Completely agree with everything you’ve said there. And when a man breaks up with a women, men are ********s etc etc. But when women break up with men it’s ‘you go girl atttiude’ you don’t need him he’s a looser etc etc. Women are very strange creatures.
    Yeah I agree.
    But its bad for girls too.
    For example if a guy had sex his mates would probably be like "what a lad" but if a girl had sex she would get called a slut.
    This world needs to fix up
    everyone should be equal and as long as no emotional or physical harm is caused to yourself or anyone else you should be allowed to do what you like.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rollerskater123)
    Yeah I agree.
    But its bad for girls too.
    For example if a guy had sex his mates would probably be like "what a lad" but if a girl had sex she would get called a slut.
    This world needs to fix up
    everyone should be equal and as long as no emotional or physical harm is caused to yourself or anyone else you should be allowed to do what you like.
    It is easy for a girl to have sex but hard for a guy. Have you heard of a fat stud but there are loads of fat sl*ts.

Women need to understand this and have some control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    This might explain a lot why you want men to approach.

And it also explains why men don't approach you (other than black men).

Can I ask, are you a really dark shade of black or more a lighter shade? (the answer to this question would also explain a lot)
    This is odd. What has my skin tone got to this with it? Most men do not approach here, and white men hardly ever. So what is your point?

Some people consider me to be light, although I think I am brown. I am like Kerry washington skin tone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    It is easy for a girl to have sex but hard for a guy. Have you heard of a fat stud but there are loads of fat sl*ts.

Women need to understand this and have some control.
    Well, thats the guys fault. If it wasnt that they had such low standards, it wouldn't be so easy for women.

And why are you slut shaming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    If you ask someone where they are originally from then you are referring specifically to them, not their family. If you mean where their family heritage lies then say that.

My grandparents are from Jamaica. It doesn't make me originally from Jamaica. I'm from Birmingham.
    When people hear my British accent and still ask me where I’m originally from, I suspect that they’re expecting an answer other than London. As I said, it’s just how you interpret it. If you feel like your originally from Birmingham then fair, but I wouldn’t say that I’m originally from London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    This whole post is extremely ignorant
    No it's not. Skin colour plays a big role in dating. Black women get messaged the least on dating sites. https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and...4-107dcbb4f060 I imagine a very similar situation is true in the real world.

Please look at the statistics before you call me ignorant. It's not a personal attack. I don't have any problems with her skin colour, why would I? I'm explaining a possible reason she gets approached less.

When it comes to dating, people are still very prejudiced on looks. This includes skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    This is odd. What has my skin tone got to this with it? Most men do not approach here, and white men hardly ever. So what is your point?

Some people consider me to be light, although I think I am brown. I am like Kerry washington skin tone
    See my reply in post #1167. Read that link, it will explain everything.

ReputationRep:
    This might explain a lot why you want men to approach.

Black girls hardly ever approach, they are not into gender equality, they generally want YOU to approach and have a mentality that the guy must do all the work and once even a black girl kept looking at me in a club and I could tell she wanted me to approach her [but I couldn't be bothered] and then after a while her face changed and she started giving me hostile looks......

i've only been approached by 4 black girls IRL

ReputationRep:
    No it's not. Skin colour plays a big role in dating. Black women get messaged the least on dating sites. https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and...4-107dcbb4f060 I imagine a very similar situation is true in the real world.

Please look at the statistics before you call me ignorant. It's not a personal attack. I don't have any problems with her skin colour, why would I? I'm explaining a possible reason she gets approached less.

When it comes to dating, people are still very prejudiced on looks. This includes skin colour.
    Are you white?
    Are you implying that because I am darker guys are more intimidated? I have a baby face and look like I won't harm a fly. Literally, lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, with social media and online dating so prevalent in modern society, there will never be gender equality in dating - women will always have the power over men.

There has never been a time in human history where it is so easy for women to access men. Back in the days before the internet, how would a woman get a man?

Answer: they’d have to wait and wait and wait to be approached in the real world by guys - they’d have to wait to be approached at school/uni/work/groups/bars and clubs etc.

But the reason why women aren’t going to approach us guys in today’s world is quite frankly cause they don’t need to! They get so many thirsty guys day in day out throwing themselves at them on tinder/snapchat/instagram etc.

Now add the fact they have access to so many men in their real lives at work/uni/school, women can just filter out the select guys that they’re interested in and that tick their boxes. If you don’t tick their boxes, they are likely to be rude and nasty to you since you’re not good enough for them and they have so many other options available out there to them so they’ll just look down on you.

It’s not going to change sadly - the world has changed for the worse. Social media has definitely been a huge factor in causing women to have more power over men in dating/relationships. And we all wonder why there is a rise in male mental health illness...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Black girls hardly ever approach, they are not into gender equality, they generally want YOU to approach and have a mentality that the guy must do all the work and once even a black girl kept looking at me in a club and I could tell she wanted me to approach her [but I couldn't be bothered] and then after a while her face changed and she started giving me hostile looks......

There are Asian and white girls that want men to do the approaching as well.

ReputationRep:

Yes it is. You’ve made a judgement based solely on her skin colour when you don’t even know her

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. You’ve made a judgement based solely on her skin colour when you don’t even know her
    I think he's trying to imply "Black women look so angry and aggressive which is why men don't approach you" blah blah blah:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There are Asian and white girls that want men to do the approaching as well.

never been approached by a south asian girl
    been approached about 3 times by an east asian girl
    lost count of the amount of white girls that approach

South Asians are the group who have the most traditional gender roles ..and the group that has approached the least

white is the group with the least traditional gender roles and the group that has approached the most.

I am seeing strong correlations between typical gender roles in a group and women's willingness to approach

ReputationRep:
    Are you white?
    Are you implying that because I am darker guys are more intimidated? I have a baby face and look like I won't harm a fly. Literally, lmao.
    He’s saying that you don’t get approached because you’re black

ReputationRep:
    He’s saying that you don’t get approached because you’re black
    I know- lol wth? .... such an odd thing to say..

never been approached by a south asian girl
    been approached about 3 times by an east asian girl
    lost count of the amount of white girls that approach

South Asians are the group who have the most traditional gender roles ..and the group that has approached the least

white is the group with the least traditional gender roles and the group that has approached the most.

I am seeing strong correlations between typical gender roles in a group and women's willingness to approach
    Yeah, so it's only white women that approach really, so you shouldn't have singled out black women.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so it's only white women that approach really, so you shouldn't have singled out black women.

I didn't single them out, the subject was already on black women,
    and I feel they should approach more so had to comment

ReputationRep:

Yes this is what I am getting at (thank you for wording it better than I could ).

Are you white?
    Yes I am white. Not intimidated. People have dating preferences. Just like most women won't date a shorter man, most white men prefer not to date a black woman (that's what the statistics show anyway).

The difference is the first preference is apparently fine, the second one is "racist" and "prejudiced", even though in both cases, you are excluding people based on factors beyond their control.

What judgement? I've given cold hard statistics which show white men are less likely to initiate conversations with women outside their race. Are you trying to argue with the facts?

I think he's trying to imply "Black women look so angry and aggressive which is why men don't approach you" blah blah blah:rolleyes:
    I don't know the reasons behind it, but it happens, that's all I'm saying. Just like women don't date shorter men because they can't "protect" you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is what I am getting at (thank you for wording it better than I could ).

Yes I am white. Not intimidated. People have dating preferences. Just like most women won't date a shorter man, most white men prefer not to date a black woman (that's what the statistics show anyway).

The difference is the first preference is apparently fine, the second one is "racist" and "prejudiced", even though in both cases, you are excluding people based on factors beyond their control.

What judgement? I've given cold hard statistics which show white men are less likely to initiate conversations with women outside their race. Are you trying to argue with the facts?

I don't know the reasons behind it, but it happens, that's all I'm saying. Just like women don't date shorter men because they can't "protect" you.
    Most people prefer their own race. I don't understand why you felt the need to bring that up? it's extremely odd.

ReputationRep:
    Most people prefer their own race. I don't understand why you felt the need to bring that up? it's extremely odd.
    Ok, so we agree on that.

The majority of this country is white. Therefore, is it not surprising you get approached less? Given that there are far more white men than black men in Britain, and we have established most people prefer their own race.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.