Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    Wading back in - men are simply less useful in the reproductive sphere than women. Dating customs play these rules out.

The continuation of humanity depends on most women reproducing. It does not depend on most men reproducing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Ok, so we agree on that.

The majority of this country is white. Therefore, is it not surprising you get approached less? Given that there are far more white men than black men in Britain, and we have established most people prefer their own race.
    True, but the area that I grew up in was fairly black. 2) The city I live in now still has quite a fair amount black guys.

I mean, a white girl on here told me she approaches more than she's been approached. It's not always a skin tone thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Well, thats the guys fault. If it wasnt that they had such low standards, it wouldn't be so easy for women.

And why are you slut shaming?
    Because being one is wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Wading back in - men are simply less useful in the reproductive sphere than women. Dating customs play these rules out.

The continuation of humanity depends on most women reproducing. It does not depend on most men reproducing.
    But the women need sperm from men to reproduce. Sorry, I'm not following the reason why women are more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Because being one is wrong
    You seem jealous that women get laid "easier"....why?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You seem jealous that women get laid "easier"....why?
    I am not jealous about it. I am saying that since women hold the key to sex, they need to control it better.

ReputationRep:
    But the women need sperm from men to reproduce. Sorry, I'm not following the reason why women are more important.
    Your average woman has physical limitations as to the amount of children she can comfortably nurture, in addition to the mother-child bond, a bond no man will ever have. Your average man does not have such physical limitations. There is not enough female capability to sate male capability, meaning fewer men are necessary for the continuation of our species, meaning said men having to compete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    When people hear my British accent and still ask me where I’m originally from, I suspect that they’re expecting an answer other than London. As I said, it’s just how you interpret it. If you feel like your originally from Birmingham then fair, but I wouldn’t say that I’m originally from London
    No, that's fair enough. People say things and have their own interpretations.

If we go with the literal wording then you are definitely from London, simply because of the word "you".

I understand that's me being pedantic though.

I don't live in Birmingham anymore, nor do I have a particularly Brummy accent. It's hard to tell where I come from (as in Birmingham), so when people ask me where I'm from, they usually mean Birmingham, not Jamaica.

ReputationRep:
    I am not jealous about it. I am saying that since women hold the key to sex, they need to control it better.
    Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Your average woman has physical limitations as to the amount of children she can comfortably nurture, in addition to the mother-child bond, a bond no man will ever have. Your average man does not have such physical limitations. There is not enough female capability to sate male capability, meaning fewer men are necessary for the continuation of our species, meaning said men having to compete.
    That makes sense. It explains why so many men end up not getting laid and are virgins well into their 20's or 30's. Male sex drive is much higher too.

ReputationRep:
    So as a conclusive summary to this thread:

It sucks to be a guy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense. It explains why so many men end up not getting laid and are virgins well into their 20's or 30's. Male sex drive is much higher too.
    The male is designed to have sex. The female is designed to give birth and look after their children

ReputationRep:
    True, but the area that I grew up in was fairly black. 2) The city I live in now still has quite a fair amount black guys.

I mean, a white girl on here told me she approaches more than she's been approached. It's not always a skin tone thing.
    Well fair enough. I've said what I need to say on this issue.

Do you prefer to date white or black men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBMRjS)
    The male is designed to have sex. The female is designed to give birth and look after their children
    You believe in a designer?

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting you see this played out a lot in working class communities - the men sleep with women, move on to another woman if she gets pregnant. The women look after the babies as single mums. In a sense, less educated people act exactly the way nature intended them to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!
    Fair
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

It sucks to be a guy.
    It has always sucked to be a man.

ReputationRep:

It sucks to be a guy.
    In some ways it does, yes indeed, your worth on the reproductive marketplace is relatively less, therefore you are often viewed with suspicion and distrust in circumstances where you aim for intimacy.

However, and this is where I kind of align with feminism, I feel men are freer to choose their own path and live independent of potential third-party pressure. You are likely to feel safer. You are less likely to be judged by others in day-to-day life. And of course, you don't have chronic, crippling pain once a month!

ReputationRep:
    It has always sucked to be a man.
    Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?

Well fair enough. I've said what I need to say on this issue.

Do you prefer to date white or black men?
    I've never dated so i cant answer that question tbh

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting you see this played out a lot in working class communities - the men sleep with women, move on to another woman if she gets pregnant. The women look after the babies as single mums. In a sense, less educated people act exactly the way nature intended them to.
    Exactly that’s a very good point to raise. This is going to sound controversial but if a man cheats on his girlfriend then the girlfriend should be more lenient than if it was the other way around with the girlfriend cheating.

Men are promiscuous by nature, it is unnatural for a woman to want to sleep around with loads of guys, but western culture encouraging this extensively.

I guess the debate is should we go with what nature has intended us to do or should we trust modern pop culture and these social constructs forced upon us?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.