Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?

I've never dated so i cant answer that question tbh
    For the guys you wished approach you, have they mainly been black or white?

ReputationRep:
    I've never dated so i cant answer that question tbh
    We’re not saying it’s worse being a man than a woman, we’re saying that in the dating/relationship culture in modern society the odds are stacked against men far more than women. Yes men should approach women since men are designed to approach women, but more women than ever before are rejecting men because women have access to so many men with social media/dating sites. There are so many thirsty guys out there and competition amongst men has never been tougher to get women. Women can pick and choose who they want so easily.

Whereas 30 years ago if you wanted a man the only way you’d be able to get one is if you waited for someone to approach - chances are you’d be off with him since men were nowhere as accessible to women as they are today
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    For the guys you wished approach you, have they mainly been black or white?
    Idk, um black, maybe. I lived in an area in London where I was exposed to more black men, than white men. It wasn't until uni I was around white guys.
    (Original post by iBMRjS)
    We’re not saying it’s worse being a man than a woman, we’re saying that in the dating/relationship culture in modern society the odds are stacked against men far more than women. Yes men should approach women since men are designed to approach women, but more women than ever before are rejecting men because women have access to so many men with social media/dating sites. There are so many thirsty guys out there and competition amongst men has never been tougher to get women. Women can pick and choose who they want so easily.

Whereas 30 years ago if you wanted a man the only way you’d be able to get one is if you waited for someone to approach - chances are you’d be off with him since men were nowhere as accessible to women as they are today
    I most definately dont find dating easy. This is a misconception...

ReputationRep:
    Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!
    You're just full of oxymorons and contradictions aren't you? Surely doing what you want with your body is being in control? No?

ReputationRep:
    Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack
    I know where you got that from :sly: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5226204 and the article says period pain can be as painful as a heart attack, but not always. In addition, heart attack pain varies widely, so that claim isn't all that useful to measure how painful periods are anyway.

but approaching is too difficult?
    You seem to find it too difficult :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    You're just full of oxymorons and contradictions aren't you? Surely doing what you want with your body is being in control? No?
    Yes, but he meant it in a way that women shouldn't sleep around. Women can do whatever we want

ReputationRep:
    I most definately dont find dating easy. This is a misconception...
    If you put up a thread in the student room saying you are a women looking to date a guy, and you’d take any offers you could end up with tens and maybe hundreds of guys throwing themselves at you without even getting to know you as a person or seeing what you look like. It’s then up to you to filter through who you want.

In essence you may not find dating easy, but you cannot deny it’s very very very easy to access men if you really wanted to; it’s nowhere near as easy for men to do likewise
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    I know where you got that from :sly: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5226204 and the article says period pain can be as painful as a heart attack, but not always. In addition, heart attack pain varies widely, so that claim isn't all that useful to measure how painful periods are anyway.

You seem to find it too difficult :lol:
    I know women that have fainted from period pains.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but he meant it in a way that women shouldn't sleep around. Women can do whatever we want
    Sounded to me like he was just suggesting that you have the opportunity to be more discerning, and you should take it, instead of just waiting for whatever thirsty frat-boy to approach you.

ReputationRep:
    I know women that have fainted from heart attacks.
    I don't deny this can happen, I just outlined that the pain of heart attacks vary, and are not an accurate indicator of pain. Not all women who have heart attacks faint, do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    I don't deny this can happen, I just outlined that the pain of heart attacks vary, and are not an accurate indicator of pain. Not all women who have heart attacks faint, do they?
    I made a mistake. I meant from period pains, not heart attacks/

ReputationRep:
    I know women that have fainted from period pains.
    I know people that have fainted from paper cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    I know people that have fainted from paper cuts.
    ok

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake. I meant from period pains, not heart attacks/
    Ok. I could still make a similar case to this. I don't refuse that this can happen, but period pains vary not only among people, but among months, and they all depend on diet, level of stress, general health. So it would be inaccurate to say 'Women get period pains as painful as heart attacks', as if all women get period pains 'as painful as heart attacks' to combat what another user said about all women. Just saying, don't want to stretch this petty issue out too much

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

He worded it wrong

He meant women are the gatekeepers of sex

ReputationRep:
    Just to make something clear. Feminsm has and always will be a movement for the equality of the sexes. One thing you must be aware of is that feminism is for everyone, including people around the world. So while the gender pay gap may not be a thing where you live or based on what people have told you, but it is a very real reality for many women in countries around the world, where they do not enjoy the systems and laws we have in modern day countries. That is not to say that people who do not experience this cannot be feminists, they can empasthise and understand that regardless of whether they are directly affected, that it is an extremely immoral practice. Just to re-iterate, we simply want equality. Now onto your points.-You are not entitled to ask any woman out, but the matter of the fact is, if they are not asking themselves, then the only way to open up a conversation about a possible date is to simply ask. In life rejection is inevitable. This beilef that only men can ask a girl out is absurd and is perpetuated by both men and women, and anyone that beileves so is certainly not a feminist.-The first date should be paid by whoever asks the person out. You asked for their time, therefore for a first time date it is a courtesy to pay, but definately not a requirement. That is up to the two indivduals, and there is no law stating that the guy should pay, and rightly so.-Once again, society has dictated that guys should propose. It is not something you must follow, but once again, these kind of societal expectations were created by both men and women. - Be manly/dominant, unfortunately this awful expectation is largely perpetuated by men, particularly fathers, uncles, ect. Women certainly also patricipate, but if we agree on anything, toxic masculinity is extremely harmful and dangerous .Some women do want equality in the workplace but not in dating I agree, but this is certainly not a large proportion of women and they are NOT FEMINISTS. A large problem is believing people. You now know that femism is for equality, so you can then discern that if someone calls themselves a feminist, but do not express views reflective of equality. that they are not a real feminist. Its just like if a a man claiming to be christian murders someone. You would know immediately that he is not actually a christian, as murder goes against all that is fundementally christian. The same can be done for feminism and any other movement, to avoid spreading misinformation. At the end of the day, feminism is a movement, not a superhero, while we would love to, there is so much we simply cannot change, we did not create these laws, and it is extremely difficult to change the opinions and beilefs of 7 billion people, especially when these ideas are so deeply ingrained in our society. Hope I cleared a few things up xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    He worded it wrong

He meant women are the gatekeepers of sex
    He is always policing what women should do with their sex lives, it's ridiculous
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?
    Kicking a man on his testicles can kill him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He is always policing what women should do with their sex lives, it's ridiculous
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Who?
    You
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Kicking a man on his testicles can kill him.
    Kicking a person anywhere can kill anyone. Women have no choice for periods.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.