Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    A feminist who believes equality doesn't apply to dating?
    No, it's just a preference for a guy to have confidence and approach me first, whats wrong with that?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Is that really true? I heard in the west, it's decreasing. Whilst in the non-west it's increasing. The latter is because it's becoming more acceptable for women to leave their trash partners.
    What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.

ReputationRep:
    Because they want men to sexually harass, instead of woman & they want an excuse for woman to play with each other & frolic around the office & sick gay men on hetrosexual people which is the rest of the world, against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.

Women became a strong presence in the workforce. They no longer depended on their husbands to support them. This independence allowed them to leave an unhappy marriage and still provide for themselves.
    Divorce also became more acceptable. The guilt and fault of the old divorce laws were gone. As more couples separated, divorce gradually became a normal part of life.
    In short, many couples that would have previously remained married now chose divorce.

This is more of the reason^^ I studied divorce/relationships in A level psychology. It's all to do with divorce becoming more acceptable and women leaving their trash partners. For example, if you look at the divorce statistics in the non-western societies, it's because it's becoming more acceptable for women to divorce, before it wasn't acceptable.

I had a housemate from India last year, and she told me that in India, hardly anyone gets a divorce because it's frowned upon. I think it's slowly changing though, as the world becoming more westernised, women are having the freedom to do whatever they want, and have the opportunity to leave their good for nothing, trash partners. And I think that is beautiful.

I don't understand how wanting a man with money is gold-digging. Surely, most marriages end up with children. Children are expensive. If the guy has a **** salary, how will he provide efficiently? I don't think basic needs in a relationships, means you are gold-digger. I think that's a shame to say that and especially untrue. A lot of women (in particular black women) always date down. So how is it true that gold digging is the reason? ;/ It's funny because guys would rather choose an attractive women with an okay salary and personality. Than a plain women with a great personality and good career. But woman hardly complain?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Women became a strong presence in the workforce. They no longer depended on their husbands to support them. This independence allowed them to leave an unhappy marriage and still provide for themselves.
    Divorce also became more acceptable. The guilt and fault of the old divorce laws were gone. As more couples separated, divorce gradually became a normal part of life.
    In short, many couples that would have previously remained married now chose divorce.

This is more of the reason^^ I studied divorce/relationships in A level psychology. It's all to do with divorce becoming more acceptable and women leaving their trash partners. For example, if you look at the divorce statistics in the non-western societies, it's because it's becoming more acceptable for women to divorce, before it wasn't acceptable.

I had a housemate from India last year, and she told me that in India, hardly anyone gets a divorce because it's frowned upon. I think it's slowly changing though, as the world becoming more westernised, women are having the freedom to do whatever they want, and have the opportunity to leave their good for nothing, trash partners. And I think that is beautiful.

I don't understand how wanting a man with money is gold-digging. Surely, most marriages end up with children. Children are expensive. If the guy has a **** salary, how will he provide efficiently? I don't think basic needs in a relationships, means you are gold-digger. I think that's a shame to say that and especially untrue. A lot of women (in particular black women) always date down. So how is it true that gold digging is the reason? ;/ It's funny because guys would rather choose an attractive women with an okay salary and personality. Than a plain women with a great personality and good career. But woman hardly complain?
    This is BS.

ReputationRep:
    This is BS.
    LMAO WHAT!?
    You are telling me that what I learnt as part of my A level is false? Maybe you should call up exam boards and complain?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    LMAO WHAT!?
    You are telling me that what I learnt as part of my A level is false? Maybe you should call up exam boards and complain?
    Not everything you learn is true. Be careful.

We learned about how the British Empire was a great thing. When i got to uni, i realised how much i was lied to.

ReputationRep:
    Source?

ReputationRep:

We learned about how the British Empire was a great thing. When i got to uni, i realised how much i was lied to.
    I understand that. But I don't understand how what I said is bs. In the west divorce rates are much higher. And you reduce that to gold digging? wow
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Source?
    Here:
    In 1950’s, it was about 30,000, but in 2000’s it was about 155,000.

Some people even suggested that marriages during later time i.e. 30/31 may be the reason why it is not higher than now.

http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/ukstats.html

https://www.liveabout.com/reasons-i-...o-high-1103063

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...riage-ons#data

ReputationRep:
    Here:

Some people even suggested that marriages during later time i.e. 30/31 may be the reason why it is not higher than now.

Yes, that's because it wasn't socially acceptable back then, it was frowned upon. Divorce is being more acceptable. Back then, there were many men who were abusers, cheaters but the women were afraid to leave. So bascially, women are leaving their trash partners.

ReputationRep:
    This is BS.
    Its not bull$#!t, she's using associative memory.
    Q. Why do woman want gender equality in the workplace -
    A. Women became a strong presence in the workforce(basically this is self empowerment of being dependent on a man with sexuality, even if she does lie to say that she is a lesbian rather then saying she is married to
    someone she is looking to be unfaithful too).
    Q. but not in dating
    A. because They no longer depended on their husbands for support.

Leading to divource because "Divorce also became more acceptable".
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ChaserX)
    Its not bull$#!t, she's using associative memory.
    Q. Why do woman want gender equality in the workplace -
    A. Women became a strong presence in the workforce(basically this is self empowerment of being dependent on a man with sexuality, even if she does lie to say that she is a lesbian rather then saying she is married to
    someone she is looking to be unfaithful too).
    Q. but not in dating
    A. because They no longer depended on their husbands for support.

Leading to divource because "Divorce also became more acceptable".
    There is gender equality though. Women do not earn less than men for doing exactly the same job in the UK. It is illegal and does not exist.

What people are confusing the equal pay is with pay gap or pay averages, which is the average income of men and women across all levels of an organisation.

This is not only unfair but untrue in some cases, this is because women, on average, then to do supporting or back-office roles, while men do front-office or sales roles.

Yes, that's because it wasn't socially acceptable back then, it was frowned upon. Divorce is being more acceptable. Back then, there were many men who were abusers, cheaters but the women were afraid to leave. So bascially, women are leaving their trash partners.
    Women were being encouraged to wreck their marriages and not to engage in rational conversations to progress when issues arose. This led to a cycle of broken homes and bitter women.

The so-called women empowerment led to boys not having strong role models and learning from the hood. Girls seeing their mothers and aunts bitter and alone and then concluding that the reason was because men were rubbish.

Now, 20/30/40 years down the line, we see young women grown up to be bitter and emotionally crippled and boys directionless and psychologically damaged without strong guidance. They meet and the relationship breaks down, the women believes her “mama was right” that “men aint sh.it”. The men believes that the women were just “bit.ches”.

I have seen men with children from 3 or 4 different women and women with children from 5 different fathers. I grew up in the “hood” and saw it happen. Fortunately, my family worked through their issues.

This has taken a vicious cycle that divorces and broken homes are causing more destruction than actually having real compromises and building a strong family unit that translates to a strong society.

ReputationRep:
    There is gender equality though. Women do not earn less than men for doing exactly the same job in the UK. It is illegal and does not exist.

What people are confusing the equal pay is with pay gap or pay averages, which is the average income of men and women across all levels of an organisation.

This is not only unfair but untrue in some cases, this is because women, on average, then to do supporting or back-office roles, while men do front-office or sales roles.

Women were being encouraged to wreck their marriages and not to engage in rational conversations to progress when issues arose. This led to a cycle of broken homes and bitter women.

The so-called women empowerment led to boys not having strong role models and learning from the hood. Girls seeing their mothers and aunts bitter and alone and then concluding that the reason was because men were rubbish.

Now, 20/30/40 years down the line, we see young women grown up to be bitter and emotionally crippled and boys directionless and psychologically damaged without strong guidance. They meet and the relationship breaks down, the women believes her “mama was right” that “men aint sh.it”. The men believes that the women were just “bit.ches”.

I have seen men with children from 3 or 4 different women and women with children from 5 different fathers. I grew up in the “hood” and saw it happen. Fortunately, my family worked through their issues.

This has taken a vicious cycle that divorces and broken homes are causing more destruction than actually having real compromises and building a strong family unit that translates to a strong society.
    So if a man hits his wife, it's now the wife's responsibility to talk it out, and if not- It's all her fault if she wants to leave.
    Tbh, it's not surprising you have this narrow view on women. You are vehemently against women's rights.

ReputationRep:
    Here:

None of those sources say that the most common reason for divorce is because women are gold diggers

ReputationRep:

I see what you mean by BS from what shes just wrote but what you
    wrote just then was even more BS then what she wrote. At least what she wrote could have made sense by saying that she was graded on a report, that she didnt. While what you wrote, is just $#!+
    What I learned in school was that the sun would burn out & turn into a black hole (over the course of millions of years) & suck up everything in our solar system, into it, including the Earth. Turns out thats not true.

You would have been a better argument with once upon a time, they believed the world was flat.
    Later they would claim that everything revolved around the Earth.
    Then theyd claim that a person has never traveled into space.
    What will they believe next, well I just told you, that they believed that the Earth would be sucked up by the sun.
    What is the world going to believe next?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So if a man hits his wife, it's now the wife's responsibility to talk it out, and if not- It's all her fault if she wants to leave.
    Tbh, it's not surprising you have this narrow view on women. You are vehemently against women's rights.
    Come on, why would you say that? Why do you go towards the extreme? Not many divorces stem from abuse. The number one reason for many divorces is financial stress not physical abuse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    None of those sources say that the most common reason for divorce is because women are gold diggers
    You asked me about the source on the explosion of divorces.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ChaserX)
    I see what you mean by BS from what shes just wrote but what you
    wrote just then was even more BS then what she wrote. At least what she wrote could have made sense by saying that she was graded on a report, that she didnt. While what you wrote, is just $#!+
    What I learned in school was that the sun would burn out & turn into a black hole (over the course of millions of years) & suck up everything in our solar system, into it, including the Earth. Turns out thats not true.

You would have been a better argument with once upon a time, they believed the world was flat.
    Later they would claim that everything revolved around the Earth.
    Then theyd claim that a person has never traveled into space.
    What will they believe next, well I just told you, that they believed that the Earth would be sucked up by the sun.
    What is the world going to believe next?
    Alright that is fair.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, why would you say that? Why do you go towards the extreme? Not many divorces stem from abuse. The number one reason for many divorces is financial stress not physical abuse.
    Okay...but women (esp black) marry down their league financially all the time, so how does that make us gold diggers? Finance is important in both parts.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.