Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Where's your proof that gold digging is one of them?
    What is this with proof on everything?Are you ignorant? Gold diggers are known to be there for the money, when the money stops they leave.

I cannot provide scientific evidence that shows some women were gold digging. Which woman will come out to say that she is a gold digger even though she was gold digging?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    What is this with proof on everything?Are you ignorant? Gold diggers are known to be there for the money, when the money stops they leave.

I cannot provide scientific evidence that shows some women were gold digging. Which woman will come out to say that she is a gold digger even though she was gold digging?
    No I'm not ignorant. But there seems to be an assumption from you that a) it's just women who are gold diggers and b) it's the only money related issue for divorce.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    lol this thread is still going :laugh:

Most girls just want to be treated with a bit of respect imo.
    Women quite often do get paid less than men for the same job, so it's not a myth, and the OP needs to get his act together, I mean most women would want a promotion, but, I'm sorry, do you want us to come in to work the day we're due for a baby, and then the day after it's born? Anyway, men can take paternity leave, basically just a week or two off for you- and you don't have to go through the pain of childbirth and all the mental and physical effects so you're fighting a losing battle on that front OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Sorry but I must comment.

The reason why often black women marry black men who make less than them isn't because black women don't care about money (they care about money very much) .. it is because due to the high incarceration rate of black men, and the fact that black women tend to stay in education longer than black men ...there are simply not a large enough supply of black men for every university educated black woman to date a guy who makes more than her.

So black women face a choice.

A)Stay single
    B)Date a white dude
    C)Date a black guy who makes less than her

Most seem to opt for either A or C

There was some Oprah show on it a some years back...

My experience of black women is that most are concerned with money. When I was unemployed due to redundancy some black woman showed interest in a bar and when I said I got made redundant I was given the spanish inquisition over my employment history. I genuinely felt like I was at an Interview. Another time a black woman approached me and within seconds was asking what I do, I was unemployed at the time but had already secured a job and was a few weeks away from starting so told her about that ...but in general I have definitely noticed black women start asking about job and stuff much quicker than other races.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a black man to date an attractive black woman whilst he is unemployed and out of education ..... whereas a white woman, it would be possible

I don't get much interest from attractive black women when walking down the street, ...but one day I noticed I seem to be getting a lot of attractive black women checking me out. I was wearing a suit that day. I almost never wear suits [I was in it for a funeral]

I did an experiment once a long time ago on pof where I edited my dating profile title to make it seem like i was some sort of businessman

I got about a 50% increase in views from white women
    A 50% increase in views from South Asian women
    A 300% increase in views from black women

Black women are definitely concerned about money.....
    What is the incarceration rate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    What is the incarceration rate?

can't remember off the top of my head, but percentage wise there is a higher amount of black men in jail than white men or asian men etc......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Sorry but I must comment.

The reason why often black women marry black men who make less than them isn't because black women don't care about money (they care about money very much) .. it is because due to the high incarceration rate of black men, and the fact that black women tend to stay in education longer than black men ...there are simply not a large enough supply of black men for every university educated black woman to date a guy who makes more than her.

So black women face a choice.

A)Stay single
    B)Date a white dude
    C)Date a black guy who makes less than her

Most seem to opt for either A or C

There was some Oprah show on it a some years back...

My experience of black women is that most are concerned with money. When I was unemployed due to redundancy some black woman showed interest in a bar and when I said I got made redundant I was given the spanish inquisition over my employment history. I genuinely felt like I was at an Interview. Another time a black woman approached me and within seconds was asking what I do, I was unemployed at the time but had already secured a job and was a few weeks away from starting so told her about that ...but in general I have definitely noticed black women start asking about job and stuff much quicker than other races.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a black man to date an attractive black woman whilst he is unemployed and out of education ..... whereas a white woman, it would be possible

I don't get much interest from attractive black women when walking down the street, ...but one day I noticed I seem to be getting a lot of attractive black women checking me out. I was wearing a suit that day. I almost never wear suits [I was in it for a funeral]

I did an experiment once a long time ago on pof where I edited my dating profile title to make it seem like i was some sort of businessman

I got about a 50% increase in views from white women
    A 50% increase in views from South Asian women
    A 300% increase in views from black women

Black women are definitely concerned about money.....
    I wasn't trying to say that we didn't care about money. I care about money, definitely lol. I think it varies between women, but with the guy I quoted he said that women are gold-diggers as to why relationships fail. Which I don't think that is true if (black) women are still marrying down. However, I am aware of the other possibilities, such as incarcerated like you said.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No I'm not ignorant. But there seems to be an assumption from you that a) it's just women who are gold diggers and b) it's the only money related issue for divorce.
    It is not true.

a) i have responded on this thread that men and women can be gold diggers.

b) i have written on here many times that money is one the reasons and a major reason for divorce.

Don’t lie. If in doubt, ask.

If you want a rationale debate, let’s continue. Else, please refrain from falsely accusing me of what i have not said.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I wasn't trying to say that we didn't care about money. I care about money, definitely lol. I think it varies between women, but with the guy I quoted he said that women are gold-diggers as to why relationships fail. Which I don't think that is true if (black) women are still marrying down. However, I am aware of the other possibilities, such as incarcerated like you said.
    No, i did not say that. Why do people read my statements and make their own conclusions? You have falsely accused me of saying what i did not say.

I wrote that money problems is a major determinant for divorces and failed marriages. A cause of this is also that some women enter relationships on false pretence of love rather than the actual reason of gold digging.

Please quote me correctly. You would not be happy if i lied against you.

Also saying that black women do not care about money is a massive lie. Like the other guy wrote, many black women are left with struggling black men and settle for them. It does not mean that they dont care about money or would not marry up if given the chance.

ReputationRep:
    None of your sources say that women are gold diggers...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    None of your sources say that women are gold diggers...
    I think you are probably naive. Would a woman come out to state that the reason she married this bloke was to dig for gold?

ReputationRep:

How can you call someone ignorant when you’re the one making up statements to support your own agenda?

ReputationRep:
    It is not true.

a) i have responded on this thread that men and women can be gold diggers.

b) i have written on here many times that money is one the reasons and a major reason for divorce.

Don’t lie. If in doubt, ask.

If you want a rationale debate, let’s continue. Else, please refrain from falsely accusing me of what i have not said.
    Ummm....

What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.
    Your assumption about “women being gold diggers” being a common reason people get divorced holds no weight. Money is one of the common reasons people divorce, a gold digging partner isn’t. If you have anything to back up your gold digger divorce claims i’m sure people will be much happier to consider them, though it does seem to be another ill-willed assumption on your part. Making negative blanket statements about women is obviously going to piss people off.

Edit: cherryred90s Tiger Rag since he’s asked both of you for where he made comments claiming that gold diggers are a major cause of divorce, thought this might be of use.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    Women quite often do get paid less than men for the same job
    I'm a bit curious of this, example? Preferably one that shows that women quite often (which I interpret as a medium to medium-large scale practice)get paid less than men? And everything between the subjects must be virtually identical (qualifications, hours worked..etc.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How can you call someone ignorant when you’re the one making up statements to support your own agenda?
    So you are saying that there is no woman that is a gold digger? Or that no woman dates or marries a man on the sole reason because he is rich and hope to grab the wealth?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    So you are saying that there is no woman that is a gold digger? Or that no woman dates or marries a man on the sole reason because he is rich and hope to grab the wealth?
    A minority do. But I find it hard to believe that most do. Which is what you're implying here.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are probably naive. Would a woman come out to state that the reason she married this bloke was to dig for gold?
    or how about you don’t make claims that you can’t support? You don’t know the details of the finance troubles, you’re just making sexist assumptions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    or how about you don’t make claims that you can’t support? You don’t know the details of the finance troubles, you’re just making sexist assumptions.
    Go back to read my comments and then come back to me. You seem a bit confused.

ReputationRep:
    Go back to read my comments and then come back to me. You seem a bit confused.
    All I’ve asked for is a source for the claim that you made.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A minority do. But I find it hard to believe that most do. Which is what you're implying here.
    What??? Why are the women on this thread confusing my statements?

For the last time, i never stated nor did i imply that gold-digging was the major cause or determinant of divorce. I wrote on many occasions that financial problems was the major determinant and gold digging can be and in some cases is the root that causes financial problems which then leads to divorce. There are other roots that cause financial problems such as poor finance management skills, extravagant lifestyles, going in debts etc.

I know that you are upset because i have written posts that you fundamentally disagree with, but please don't allow emotion to cloud your judgement. Read my comments and debate from an objective viewpoint.

I am not anti-women or a woman hater, as it has been claimed before on this thread.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    All I’ve asked for is a source for the claim that you made.
    What source?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.