The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat_mac
My point was, the way you mentioned gold diggers reads as gold diggers are a major reason in divorces about money. Hence many women being pissed by it, as it’s a claim that’s just been pulled out of your ass and looks like a dig. If you meant it differently then you need to take more care with how you word things, as you often seem frustrated by people not interpreting things the way you meant them.

Its obvious that he made it up, but he really doesn’t want to admit it
Original post by cherryred90s
Its obvious that he made it up, but he really doesn’t want to admit it

He doesn’t seem to acknowledge the actual comment he made either. Just pretends it never happened and we’re all delusional I guess?
Original post by cat_mac
My point was, the way you mentioned gold diggers reads as gold diggers are a major reason in divorces about money. Hence many women being pissed by it, as it’s a claim that’s just been pulled out of your ass and looks like a dig. If you meant it differently then you need to take more care with how you word things, as you often seem frustrated by people not interpreting things the way you meant them.

Glad that we got that sorted.

I get frustrated because i assume that people will interpret what they read correctly or if they had questions, ask. Not misinterpret the comment and then go on to defend their decision to falsely interpret a post.

I accept that many women on here may be quite upset with me for my many remarks on this thread. I have been called a woman hater or anti-women, which i am not and the last person to hate any woman.
Where’s the evidence for the bolded?! Or are you going to admit that you made it up ?

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
Glad that we got that sorted.

I get frustrated because i assume that people will interpret what they read correctly or if they had questions, ask. Not misinterpret the comment and then go on to defend their decision to falsely interpret a post.

I accept that many women on here may be quite upset with me for my many remarks on this thread. I have been called a woman hater or anti-women, which i am not and the last person to hate any woman.

People don’t tend to know if they have misinterpreted something, so act on the assumption that they understood the comment. You don’t “decide” to misinterpret a post, and since all the people who challenged the comment have interpreted it the same way, it’s safe to say your initial post was the issue. Which isn’t the end of the world, much easier to chalk it down to dodgy wording than pretend it didn’t happen.

The reason women get upset with you on here is the passive aggressive, judgemental way you write. That tends to rustle feathers even if you’re saying something fine. If you don’t want to be perceived as anti women i’d look at the tone of your posts, unless you’re already aware and do it to get a rise out of people. It makes it very difficult to have rational conversations if people feel attacked or defensive.
Original post by cat_mac
He doesn’t seem to acknowledge the actual comment he made either. Just pretends it never happened and we’re all delusional I guess?

What? What comment again?
Original post by loveleest
lol, true. I agree.
One minute you are a women hater, the other you are not. I don't understand lol

I am not and have never been a woman hater. It is a shame you and some women on here think that.
Look there are stories like this that have come out in the media.

Read some of the stories below and then research for yourself, you are a grown woman, you should not let a man do the work for you:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/story/2005/08/25/help-my-son-married-gold-digger.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/confessions-of-a-gold-digger-5333653.html%3famp

More sexism.
YOU are the one that made the statement so YOU should be the one to provide sufficient evidence to support the statement. Gender is irrelevant.

Oh my goodness.

I asked for evidence to support your claim that the main reason for divorce is finance troubles, where the women are gold diggers. The link you posted isn’t evidence of that at all.
(edited 6 years ago)
I am not and have never been a woman hater. It is a shame you and some women on here think that.

Maybe it's because of the rampant sexist comments you've made throughout this thread....?????????????????
What? What comment again?

This one:

What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.

To me that reads as “the major cause is finance, because women are gold diggers”. If you’d just left if as “the major cause for divorce is financial issues in relationships” then I doubt anyone would have had an issue, but the addition of women being gold diggers makes it look like you’re saying this is a common reason for divorce. From more recent comments you’ve made i’m not sure that’s exactly what you meant..?
Original post by cat_mac
People don’t tend to know if they have misinterpreted something, so act on the assumption that they understood the comment. You don’t “decide” to misinterpret a post, and since all the people who challenged the comment have interpreted it the same way, it’s safe to say your initial post was the issue. Which isn’t the end of the world, much easier to chalk it down to dodgy wording than pretend it didn’t happen.

The reason women get upset with you on here is the passive aggressive, judgemental way you write. That tends to rustle feathers even if you’re saying something fine. If you don’t want to be perceived as anti women i’d look at the tone of your posts, unless you’re already aware and do it to get a rise out of people. It makes it very difficult to have rational conversations if people feel attacked or defensive.

I am not attacking you or any other woman. I have an opinion which gets challenged and I defend the position.

I don't allow emotions to cloud my judgement, so i don't read too much into tone or whatever salient point there might be.
Maybe it's because of the rampant sexist comments you've made throughout this thread....?????????????????

Sexist?? What are you on about? What have i written that is sexist?

I was called biased by one poster, then i put men on blast. I was called other names and i showed that i did not hate women. Yet, you still claim that i am sexist. Ok.
Original post by cat_mac
This one

To me that reads as “the major cause is finance, because women are gold diggers”. If you’d just left if as “the major cause for divorce is financial issues in relationships” then I doubt anyone would have had an issue, but the addition of women being gold diggers makes it look like you’re saying this is a common reason for divorce. From more recent comments you’ve made i’m not sure that’s exactly what you meant..?

I tried to elaborate further on that point. So that when another person reads it they can get better information.
Sexist?? What are you on about? What have i written that is sexist?

I was called biased by one poster, then i put men on blast. I was called other names and i showed that i did not hate women. Yet, you still claim that i am sexist. Ok.

Calls women gold diggers and whores, but claims you are not sexist.
okay?
okay?

You are doing it again. Why must you lie against me? I have never called a woman a gold digger or whore.
You are doing it again. Why must you lie against me? I have never called a woman a gold digger or whore.

But you're implying it.
Original post by Tiger Rag
But you're implying it.

Anything can be implied, you have to seek clarifications. The other poster has asked for clarification, which i have kindly given. Yet, she still repeats the same rubbish.
Anything can be implied, you have to seek clarifications. The other poster has asked for clarification, which i have kindly given. Yet, she still repeats the same rubbish.

You really reached with that link you posted.
A few conversations with women admitting that they are gold diggers is NOT evidence of gold diggers being the primary cause for finance troubles within a marriage. Nothing was implied, you explicitly said it.

I tried to elaborate further on that point. So that when another person reads it they can get better information.

Elaborate with accurate information next time
(edited 6 years ago)
okay?

Also assumes that women are responsible for financial breakdown within a marriage but claims to not be sexist
You really reached with that link you posted.
A few conversations with women admitting that they are gold diggers is NOT evidence of gold diggers being the primary cause for finance troubles within a marriage. Nothing was implied, you explicitly said it.

Elaborate with accurate information next time

You need to calm down.

Also assumes that women are responsible for financial breakdown within a marriage but claims to not be sexist

You lot need to stop putting words in my mouth. I wrote that financial problems are a major determinant for divorces, of which a reason for such problems may be some women appearing to be gold-diggers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending