Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Gold digging is wrong because that means you're marrying the money, not the person. At least if a guy wants to marry an attractive woman, her looks are a physical part of her. Money is not even a physical part of him.

He may as well give you his wealth and not have any contact with you. That would be good for the gold digger, because she gets to spend the money, have financial security and doesn't have to waste her time spending time with the man.
    lol.ok
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I don't like your passive aggressive tone tbh. You come across as patronising a lot. Sometimes people misinterpret things differently.
    Yeah exactly, what you said was totally true. And tbh, I am quite shocked you are admitting this.
    Yeah- that's my point. They care about money, but to a certain extent. You even said they value race more than socio-economic reasons.
    What are you shocked about?

You kept on saying that black women don't like money until the other poster called you out on your BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    What are you shocked about?

You kept on saying that black women don't like money until the other poster called you out on your BS.
    Shocked because you are black, admitting that most black men are trash bums. Usually most black men are in denial about this- so well done for that.

Omg, that isn't what I meant. I meant that bw, generally can't be viewed as gold diggers because we marry down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    k.n.h.
    The QI presenter Sandi someone refused to do the show unless she got the same pay as the previous MALE presenter, because she was going to get less otherwise
    I personally don't believe the cases of unequal pay between people of identical circumstances simply due to gender is widespread. A few reasons being that most data I observe proposing this are simply not taking factors such as hours worked, performance depending on the job, hierarchal position..etc. Payments to employees differing due to gender is illegal (I know it can happen, companies can break the law, it just drastically reduces the number of occurrences, and I just haven't come across any satisfiable proof yet. About the QI incident, if this is true, that is terrible. She should get the same salary for the same level of performance as a host as Stephen Fry (previous male presenter of QI).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Shocked because you are black, admitting that most black men are trash bums. Usually most black men are in denial about this- so well done for that.

Omg, that isn't what I meant. I meant that bw, generally can't be viewed as gold diggers because we marry down.
    We need to own the truth, then we can progress. I hate seeing black people have this fake consciousness like they are “woke” but then their communities are messed up. Their women are treated like rubbish when they should be treated like Queens.

ReputationRep:
    You can assume what you like. It was not intended as a “petty jab”. What annoys me is that some of the women have twisted the comment and started asking idiotic questions.

If you said that a major cause of divorce is money where men spend money is a perfectly fine claim to make.

There are many factors that amount to the financial pressures that cause divorce. Another factor is poor financial planning. For example, a man mismanaging his family’s resources and making poor financial decisions.

A scenario is this: Joe Bloggs and Mrs Theresa Bloggs have £75,000 to put down on a property of their dreams. They had saved for 10 years and had done all the paperwork.

Two weeks before they finalise the deal, Mr Bloggs’ mate Johnny Bone tells Joe of a cool deal that can double his money. This involves investing in Bitcoin. Joe puts this £75k in the market and loses everything.

The day before the mortgage signing, Joe tells Mrs Bloggs that he lost all the money, which causes a major row. The loss of the money causes major financial strains on the family. From the row, Joe and Theresa continue to argue and fight until Mrs Bloggs asks for a divorce.

Now, the reason for the divorce is financial pressures, where there was poor financial decisions on Mr Bloggs’ part. So there can be different factors that can lead to financial pressures causing divorce.
    How is asking for a source an idiotic question? You’re upset because you got called out on the rubbish you typed

ReputationRep:
    We need to own the truth, then we can progress. I hate seeing black people have this fake consciousness like they are “woke” but then their communities are messed up. Their women are treated like rubbish when they should be treated like Queens.
    lol, true. I agree.
    One minute you are a women hater, the other you are not. I don't understand lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    How is asking for a source an idiotic question? You’re upset because you got called out on the rubbish you typed
    You were asking for evidence to show that gold digging caused divorces, which was not what I wrote. I had already provided evidences to my claims.

ReputationRep:
    You can assume what you like. It was not intended as a “petty jab”. What annoys me is that some of the women have twisted the comment and started asking idiotic questions.

If you said that a major cause of divorce is money where men spend money is a perfectly fine claim to make.

There are many factors that amount to the financial pressures that cause divorce. Another factor is poor financial planning. For example, a man mismanaging his family’s resources and making poor financial decisions.

A scenario is this: Joe Bloggs and Mrs Theresa Bloggs have £75,000 to put down on a property of their dreams. They had saved for 10 years and had done all the paperwork.

Two weeks before they finalise the deal, Mr Bloggs’ mate Johnny Bone tells Joe of a cool deal that can double his money. This involves investing in Bitcoin. Joe puts this £75k in the market and loses everything.

The day before the mortgage signing, Joe tells Mrs Bloggs that he lost all the money, which causes a major row. The loss of the money causes major financial strains on the family. From the row, Joe and Theresa continue to argue and fight until Mrs Bloggs asks for a divorce.

Now, the reason for the divorce is financial pressures, where there was poor financial decisions on Mr Bloggs’ part. So there can be different factors that can lead to financial pressures causing divorce.
    My point was, the way you mentioned gold diggers reads as gold diggers are a major reason in divorces about money. Hence many women being pissed by it, as it’s a claim that’s just been pulled out of your ass and looks like a dig. If you meant it differently then you need to take more care with how you word things, as you often seem frustrated by people not interpreting things the way you meant them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You were asking for evidence to show that gold digging caused divorces, which was not what I wrote. I had already provided evidences to my claims.
    What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.
    Where’s the evidence for the bolded?! Or are you going to admit that you made it up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    My point was, the way you mentioned gold diggers reads as gold diggers are a major reason in divorces about money. Hence many women being pissed by it, as it’s a claim that’s just been pulled out of your ass and looks like a dig. If you meant it differently then you need to take more care with how you word things, as you often seem frustrated by people not interpreting things the way you meant them.
    Its obvious that he made it up, but he really doesn’t want to admit it

ReputationRep:
    Its obvious that he made it up, but he really doesn’t want to admit it
    He doesn’t seem to acknowledge the actual comment he made either. Just pretends it never happened and we’re all delusional I guess?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Glad that we got that sorted.

I get frustrated because i assume that people will interpret what they read correctly or if they had questions, ask. Not misinterpret the comment and then go on to defend their decision to falsely interpret a post.

I accept that many women on here may be quite upset with me for my many remarks on this thread. I have been called a woman hater or anti-women, which i am not and the last person to hate any woman.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Where’s the evidence for the bolded?! Or are you going to admit that you made it up ?

ReputationRep:
    Glad that we got that sorted.

I get frustrated because i assume that people will interpret what they read correctly or if they had questions, ask. Not misinterpret the comment and then go on to defend their decision to falsely interpret a post.

I accept that many women on here may be quite upset with me for my many remarks on this thread. I have been called a woman hater or anti-women, which i am not and the last person to hate any woman.
    People don’t tend to know if they have misinterpreted something, so act on the assumption that they understood the comment. You don’t “decide” to misinterpret a post, and since all the people who challenged the comment have interpreted it the same way, it’s safe to say your initial post was the issue. Which isn’t the end of the world, much easier to chalk it down to dodgy wording than pretend it didn’t happen.

The reason women get upset with you on here is the passive aggressive, judgemental way you write. That tends to rustle feathers even if you’re saying something fine. If you don’t want to be perceived as anti women i’d look at the tone of your posts, unless you’re already aware and do it to get a rise out of people. It makes it very difficult to have rational conversations if people feel attacked or defensive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He doesn’t seem to acknowledge the actual comment he made either. Just pretends it never happened and we’re all delusional I guess?
    What? What comment again?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    lol, true. I agree.
    One minute you are a women hater, the other you are not. I don't understand lol
    I am not and have never been a woman hater. It is a shame you and some women on here think that.

ReputationRep:
    Look there are stories like this that have come out in the media.

Read some of the stories below and then research for yourself, you are a grown woman, you should not let a man do the work for you:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...igger.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...653.html%3famp
    More sexism.
    YOU are the one that made the statement so YOU should be the one to provide sufficient evidence to support the statement. Gender is irrelevant.

Oh my goodness.

I asked for evidence to support your claim that the main reason for divorce is finance troubles, where the women are gold diggers. The link you posted isn’t evidence of that at all.

ReputationRep:
    I am not and have never been a woman hater. It is a shame you and some women on here think that.
    Maybe it's because of the rampant sexist comments you've made throughout this thread....?????????????????

ReputationRep:
    What? What comment again?
    This one:

What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.
    To me that reads as “the major cause is finance, because women are gold diggers”. If you’d just left if as “the major cause for divorce is financial issues in relationships” then I doubt anyone would have had an issue, but the addition of women being gold diggers makes it look like you’re saying this is a common reason for divorce. From more recent comments you’ve made i’m not sure that’s exactly what you meant..?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.