The Student Room Group

How much shall I revise ?

I have 148 topics to revise all in three months ! Any advice on how many topics I should revise in a day (gcse maths) any tips on revision ??
Original post by Taekoook
I have 148 topics to revise all in three months ! Any advice on how many topics I should revise in a day (gcse maths) any tips on revision ??

148 topics?? Surely you mean like 7-8 and then sub categories? Figure out what comes under what catergory, when it’s a dozen or less then revise them in chunks of each topic. Perhaps one a week.
Reply 2
Sorry for not explaining myself properly, from the revision list I'm looking at, all the topics are categorized but there's so many topics under one category way more than a dozen ... thanks for your help I'll take that in mind tho !
It's worth taking some time to actually plan it out - try and vary what you do, rather than studyiing big blocks of one topic. And means that with a plan you have a goal for a day rather than it just feeling like an endless task of getting through the 148 topics! Be realistic in what you'll achieve, but also realise that revision will become quicker and more efficient towards exams so don't worry too much if it feels like you're behind early on :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MimiSeneca
It's worth taking some time to actually plan it out - try and vary what you do, rather than studyiing big blocks of one topic. And means that with a plan you have a goal for a day rather than it just feeling like an endless task of getting through the 148 topics! Be realistic in what you'll achieve, but also realise that revision will become quicker and more efficient towards exams so don't worry too much if it feels like you're behind early on :smile:

Thanks for your help, I'll defo keep this in mind
Original post by Taekoook

Personally, I think you might scare yourself less if you refer to them as categories of topics! Loads of the things you learn will link together anyway!

Start with the topics you find hardest, or go from the back of the book, because if you start at the beginning you'll get bored and give up, having only learnt the easy topics!

If you try to cover one or two sub-topics in a week, you can easily do that over a weekend, in around 2 or 3 hours per topic. Don't stress yourself out, try to finish learning the topics a fair amount of time before your exams so then you can just do practice questions at the end, as well as doing them as you go along. There are some Maths workbooks for the new spec that you can try out if you want.

Good luck and don't stress!
Reply 6
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Personally, I think you might scare yourself less if you refer to them as categories of topics! Loads of the things you learn will link together anyway!

Start with the topics you find hardest, or go from the back of the book, because if you start at the beginning you'll get bored and give up, having only learnt the easy topics!

If you try to cover one or two sub-topics in a week, you can easily do that over a weekend, in around 2 or 3 hours per topic. Don't stress yourself out, try to finish learning the topics a fair amount of time before your exams so then you can just do practice questions at the end, as well as doing them as you go along. There are some Maths workbooks for the new spec that you can try out if you want.

Good luck and don't stress!

Aww thanks for the advice !!

Quick Reply

Latest