Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before anyone says anything, there are legitimate reasons for my appeal. It's not just they rejected me because my interview wasn't up to scratch.

I appealed the day after I got my rejection and I sent in a very long email (about 4 pages on my phone I think) with points to consider during my appeal. I received an email to confirm they've received it. A week later I didn't hear back so sent another to check it was being actioned and I got a proper reply saying it had been passed onto the relevant person the day they got my first email.

When do you expect I'll hear back? And what do you think is likely to happen? I'm not asking for a 'yes they'll accept' or whatever, I just don't know much about appealing. Will they make me wait until clearing to apply again, or let me on assuming the course doesn't fill up etc.

Any advice of appeals would be great!

For those wondering, I applied for mental health nursing at the university of Plymouth.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Did you ask the university why they rejected you? I think it might have been best to ask them that, see the reason and then appeal.
    Because I.m sure each uni has a good reason for rejecting students.

But i do hope you win the appeal. All the very best
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fairyaossi)
    Before anyone says anything, there are legitimate reasons for my appeal. It's not just they rejected me because my interview wasn't up to scratch.

I appealed the day after I got my rejection and I sent in a very long email (about 4 pages on my phone I think) with points to consider during my appeal. I received an email to confirm they've received it. A week later I didn't hear back so sent another to check it was being actioned and I got a proper reply saying it had been passed onto the relevant person the day they got my first email.

When do you expect I'll hear back? And what do you think is likely to happen? I'm not asking for a 'yes they'll accept' or whatever, I just don't know much about appealing. Will they make me wait until clearing to apply again, or let me on assuming the course doesn't fill up etc.

Any advice of appeals would be great!

For those wondering, I applied for mental health nursing at the university of Plymouth.
    Without knowing the reason they rejected you and the reason you feel you have grounds for an appeal, it is absolutely impossible to advise.

Realistically though to answer your 'what can I expect' question, the answer is likely to be not a great deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooday11)
    Did you ask the university why they rejected you? I think it might have been best to ask them that, see the reason and then appeal.
    Because I.m sure each uni has a good reason for rejecting students.

But i do hope you win the appeal. All the very best
    I was rejected because of a 'below average interview' but in the interview I wasn't actually asked any relevant questions to my course apart from 'what are the qualities you think a nurse should have?' Which I aced, even the interviewer said so too. The rest was him asking me about my own mental health issues and followed it up with 'this won't effect your interview, it's up to occupational health to decide if you're able to take on this role'- he was more asking out of interest.

I've done SO much relevant training- suicide first aid training, personality disorder training, child sexual exploitation training etc. Literally about 20 different courses through my work (mental health promoter) in the last year.

Part of my appeal was I was given 36 hours notice of my interview and live 500 miles from the uni. Literally half of that time was spent travelling and I had very little time to prepare but still managed to turn up and take part. This included getting time off of work, paying £250 for travel and finding a place to stay. It was really stressful. I'm AWARE part of the job and course would be stressful. I just feel I was put at a disadvantage as literally every single person in my interview was local.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Oh i see.
    Yeah, i think i stick with your decision to appeal.

I wish you the best of luck.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.