Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am beginning my BEng dissertation and would like to know how the final overall course marks are awarded. Up until now ive just been completing the individual modules without much thought but now I'm nearing the end it would be nice to know. I have an average of 72.9% from the 4 modules and have just got 67% on my proposal (which makes up 20% of my dissertation). Do I need to ensure my average remains over the 70% threshold for my Final report (which is 70%) & presentation (which makes up 10%) of my dissertation? Thanks for any input
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I'll point you towards this website made by Matt J

http://unigradecalc.com/

(Original post by Shaggy1505)
    Hi, I am beginning my BEng dissertation and would like to know how the final overall course marks are awarded. Up until now ive just been completing the individual modules without much thought but now I'm nearing the end it would be nice to know. I have an average of 72.9% from the 4 modules and have just got 67% on my proposal (which makes up 20% of my dissertation). Do I need to ensure my average remains over the 70% threshold for my Final report (which is 70%) & presentation (which makes up 10%) of my dissertation? Thanks for any input

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply but I know my average so far. What I wanted to know is do I need to maintain the 70%+ average in my final 3 part dissertation to ensure I get a 2:1?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks for your reply but I know my average so far. What I wanted to know is do I need to maintain the 70%+ average in my final 3 part dissertation to ensure I get a 2:1?
    Don't know, ask you tutor?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Which university?

Usually 70%+ is a First.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Don't know, ask you tutor?
    Wow thanks. Why didn't I think of that!!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    If you want a more detailed grades tracker, where you can put in goals and estimate how much it would take on individual assignments to achieve those goals, try (x). Of course this comes with the usual disclaimer that your final grade classification is up to your University's exam board.

ReputationRep:
    The rules for classification are different for different universities. You need to look at the criteria for award for your course at your university.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.