Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a gcse in science, shall i resit it? or is there no point? i really don't like chemistry, physics and all that. Will there be lots of science in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jheinexx)
    I don't have a gcse in science, shall i resit it? or is there no point? i really don't like chemistry, physics and all that. Will there be lots of science in it?
    TL;DR - Don't worry about it. GCSE Science isn't good enough to judge Clinical Psychology as a degree or a job.

A level Psychology, when compared to GCSE Science has a level of about 7/10 in terms of "science-ness". But since it is a science of its own regard, it could be considered a 10/10 for "science-ness". GCSE Science really isn't broad enough to describe Clinical Psychology.

The best GCSE science for you to do well in psychology is biology, but even then it isn't completely necessary, as you'll pick it up quick enough during the actual A Level. As such, I wouldn't recommend resitting.

For info about Clinical Psychology, visit some NHS websites, and job forums to find out more. As a degree, and even as a job, there will be a lot of science in Clinical Psychology, as science is needed to give accurate diagnoses. However, as stated before, GCSE Science is too basic to inform yourself about Clinical Psychology.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.