The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike immigration?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by That'sGreat
Oh well, so apparently you can't read. I was talking about low skilled immigration, hence... why I said low skilled immigration. It seems you got a bit too cocky and forgot to read the rest of my post, in which i stated 'High skill immigration is a must', but I know people like you like to feign ignorance in an attempt to wash away valid opinions that are different to your own.

Sorry to burst your snowflake bubble kiddo, try not to get tears on your keyboard

My snow flakebubble? Righttt :lol:
umm I havent stated my opinion, do try to read.
You're funny kid, you seem incredibly easily offended, do you want to retreat to your safe space? :smile:
Original post by cherryred90s
If high skilled immigration is a must, why is multiculturalism bad?

Because ones ability to perform well in a job is not affected (in most cases) by their cultural or religious beliefs. High skilled immigration refers to their usefulness in important sectors in the economy and society, multiculturalism refers to the mixing of ones culture with another (in which they are not always compatible). They are completely different things. An immigrant does not always have a drastically different culture to our own, it depends on where they come from.
Original post by Napp
My snow flakebubble? Righttt :lol:
umm I havent stated my opinion, do try to read.
You're funny kid, you seem incredibly easily offended, do you want to retreat to your safe space? :smile:

You can quite easily infer from what you have said what your opinion is, especially considering you were so eager to resort to calling me a 'racist', which implies you have taken personal offence from my opinions and have resorted to attacking my character. Leading on from that...

What would I have to be offended by? You have added nothing of substance with ignorant comments, I am not offended so much as I am shocked at how our education system seems to have failed you.

Oh look,'safe space' another buzzword. Have you got a little checklist of all the words you want to slip into this interaction? 'Safe space', 'racist', Im waiting with bated breath for you to whip out 'Nazi'. Maybe spend less time looking up buzzwords and more time on your argument, because you're just embarrassing yourself right now.

Now, its clear there is little chance of you producing an actual argument, so I see little point in continuing this discussion. Have a nice evening Napp.
Reply 163
You can quite easily infer from what you have said what your opinion is, especially considering you were so eager to resort to calling me a 'racist', which implies you have taken personal offence from my opinions and have resorted to attacking my character. Leading on from that...

What would I have to be offended by? You have added nothing of substance with ignorant comments, I am not offended so much as I am shocked at how our education system seems to have failed you.
Not as such, I just find your views repellent. then again I also find it amusing when a teenager speaks of things they know not of so...
Mm yes ignorant comments, you'll have to indulge me which one of my comments meets the definition of 'ignorant' :smile:
Hmm you have a couple of GCSE's I have an honours degree... I feel you might need to reacquaint yourself with your dictionary and the definition of 'failed'

Oh look,'safe space' another buzzword. Have you got a little checklist of all the words you want to slip into this interaction? 'Safe space', 'racist', Im waiting with bated breath for you to whip out 'Nazi'. Maybe spend less time looking up buzzwords and more time on your argument, because you're just embarrassing yourself right now.

If you say so kiddo :lol:
It would probably help if i'd actually posited an argument - alas all I have done so far is call you out for being an ignoramus with some far right views.
Original post by Napp
Not as such, I just find your views repellent. then again I also find it amusing when a teenager speaks of things they know not of so...
Mm yes ignorant comments, you'll have to indulge me which one of my comments meets the definition of 'ignorant' :smile:
Hmm you have a couple of GCSE's I have an honours degree... I feel you might need to reacquaint yourself with your dictionary and the definition of 'failed'

If you say so kiddo :lol:
It would probably help if i'd actually posited an argument - alas all I have done so far is call you out for being an ignoramus with some far right views.

How is wanting high skilled immigration but wanting British people to take on the low skilled immigration far-right? What a stupid comment, are you forgetting left wing policies also want to lower unemployment? An honours degree in History of Art means jack **** in a Political conversation mate (and for the record i've got a hell of a lot more than 2 GCSE's, but nice try).

What is repellant about my views to you? Name one aspect. Go on.

Why do you assume I'm talking about things I don't know about? Because I disagree with you? What a forward way of thinking.

I'm surprised someone who claims to have an honours degree (in which subject you have not specified) does not understand the meaning of ignorant, because if you did you would only need to look at every comment you've made on this thread. You, giving you the benefit of the doubt, are pretending not to understand simple concepts, in order to avoid debate of any sort.

Many people have degrees, and they are not really a sign of overwhelming intelligence. Just because you may be older than me does not mean you understand this topic more than me, which is evident by your 'IGNORANT' comments (such as a lack of understanding of the definition of 'far-right').

And you have not, in any comment, showed me up as being an 'ignoramus', so I am wondering where you got that perception from.

There is no need for me to check out the meaning of 'failed' again, because your honours degree in god know what does not mean you understand basic concepts or how to create a debate, as has been evidenced by this thread. Hence, I am still shocked at how the education system has failed you.
Reply 165
How is wanting high skilled immigration but wanting British people to take on the low skilled immigration far-right? What a stupid comment, are you forgetting left wing policies also want to lower unemployment? An honours degree in History of Art means jack **** in a Political conversation mate (and for the record i've got a hell of a lot more than 2 GCSE's, but nice try).

What has left wing got to do with anything? Is the best you can do resorting to some pathetic whataboutery? Oh dear...
Indeed it does. Handy I have my degree in IR with the current one in SS then now isnt it ? :smile:
Oh i'm sure you do :rolleyes: Alas it makes little difference.

What is repellant about my views to you? Name one aspect. Go on.

I'm pretty sure i've already pointed them out actually.
At any rate shall we start with your sycophantic idealization of Farage?

Why do you assume I'm talking about things I don't know about? Because I disagree with you? What a forward way of thinking.

Again, as I havent actually offered my position i'm not sure how you can say that :lol:

I'm surprised someone who claims to have an honours degree (in which subject you have not specified) does not understand the meaning of ignorant, because if you did you would only need to look at every comment you've made on this thread. You, giving you the benefit of the doubt, are pretending not to understand simple concepts, in order to avoid debate of any sort.

See above.
Strangely enough its not the word i'm having trouble with its how you're misusing it i'm questioning.

Many people have degrees, and they are not really a sign of overwhelming intelligence. Just because you may be older than me does not mean you understand this topic more than me, which is evident by your 'IGNORANT' comments (such as a lack of understanding of the definition of 'far-right':wink:.

Mmm compared to a GCSE it is i'm afraid :rolleyes:
Given I've spent the last 4yrs on it i'm willing to bet I do i'm afraid.
you still havent said what comment is 'ignorant' nor how :rolleyes: Just because you don't like me calling you out for your morally vacuous views doesnt make my comments ignorant.

And you have not, in any comment, showed me up as being an 'ignoramus', so I am wondering where you got that perception from.

Mmm every single one of your 'butt hurt' comments actually. I mean all i did was ask you to explain yourself and being the child that you are you got upset and threw a tantrum, it's cute really. alas, it's also a damning indictment of your immaturity.
There is no need for me to check out the meaning of 'failed' again, because your honours degree in god know what does not mean you understand basic concepts or how to create a debate, as has been evidenced by this thread. Hence, I am still shocked at how the education system has failed you.

I wasnt trying to create a debate you small minded little person - i was simply telling you that you were wrong.

hmm pot meet kettle there aye? :wink:
Original post by Napp
What has left wing got to do with anything? Is the best you can do resorting to some pathetic whataboutery? Oh dear...
Indeed it does. Handy I have my degree in IR with the current one in SS then now isnt it ? :smile:
Oh i'm sure you do :rolleyes: Alas it makes little difference.

I'm pretty sure i've already pointed them out actually.
At any rate shall we start with your sycophantic idealization of Farage?

Again, as I havent actually offered my position i'm not sure how you can say that :lol:

See above.
Strangely enough its not the word i'm having trouble with its how you're misusing it i'm questioning.

Mmm compared to a GCSE it is i'm afraid :rolleyes:
Given I've spent the last 4yrs on it i'm willing to bet I do i'm afraid.
you still havent said what comment is 'ignorant' nor how :rolleyes: Just because you don't like me calling you out for your morally vacuous views doesnt make my comments ignorant.

Mmm every single one of your 'butt hurt' comments actually. I mean all i did was ask you to explain yourself and being the child that you are you got upset and threw a tantrum, it's cute really. alas, it's also a damning indictment of your immaturity.

I wasnt trying to create a debate you small minded little person - i was simply telling you that you were wrong.

hmm pot meet kettle there aye? :wink:

Alas, not at all. The fact you've got a degree in International Relations make it even more tragic that you can't create a response.

Me having a profile picture of Nigel Farage repels you? Did someone say snowflake?

No tantrum was thrown from my side, though it's shocking how whiny a degree student can be - especially when being shown up by a 'teenager'.

You seem to have a weird moral stance if you get triggered by wanting immigrants who can add value to a society and decreasing unemployment amongst British people.

I'm aware you haven't explicitly stated your political stance, but as I've already said - you're personal attacks and misuse of the term 'far-right' suggest you may be a bit of a left leaner, either that or you're a very deranged right of centre (though I highly doubt it)

No you haven't pointed them out, hence your need to use me having a Farage profile picture as a sign of my repellant views, as opposed to... my repellant views? Lol...

I can't really justify wasting any more of my time on someone who acts like a 10 year old but claims to have the qualifications of a 22+ yo, you really are a peculiar case.

Of course, I will follow your reporting with a reporting of my own, targeting your personal attacks referring to me as 'racist'.

I really think, as a student, you should have something better to do. Maybe revise, or pursuing a social life. Despite everything, however, I will give you a 8/10 troll rating, would have been higher if you hadn't convinced me you weren't pretending to be ignorant, and actually you really are as ignorant and arrogant as you came off.

Don't expect a reply, unlike you I don't get off on being a nuisance.
Original post by 27FT
That's just stupid. Many immigrants speak English to a high degree as well. My father was an immigrant and you wouldn't realise that he's not a native speaker. A Polish girl I'm friends with moved to England a couple years ago and she speaks English very well, although she has a slight American accent as they taught her American English in Poland. People shouldn't stereotype all immigrants.

i wished you wouldve scrolled down a bit more so you would realise i was joking

i dont have kids
Reply 168
Alas, not at all. The fact you've got a degree in International Relations make it even more tragic that you can't create a response.

Me having a profile picture of Nigel Farage repels you? Did someone say snowflake?

No tantrum was thrown from my side, though it's shocking how whiny a degree student can be - especially when being shown up by a 'teenager'.

You seem to have a weird moral stance if you get triggered by wanting immigrants who can add value to a society and decreasing unemployment amongst British people.

I'm aware you haven't explicitly stated your political stance, but as I've already said - you're personal attacks and misuse of the term 'far-right' suggest you may be a bit of a left leaner, either that or you're a very deranged right of centre (though I highly doubt it)

No you haven't pointed them out, hence your need to use me having a Farage profile picture as a sign of my repellant views, as opposed to... my repellant views? Lol...

I can't really justify wasting any more of my time on someone who acts like a 10 year old but claims to have the qualifications of a 22+ yo, you really are a peculiar case.

Of course, I will follow your reporting with a reporting of my own, targeting your personal attacks referring to me as 'racist'.

I really think, as a student, you should have something better to do. Maybe revise, or pursuing a social life. Despite everything, however, I will give you a 8/10 troll rating, would have been higher if you hadn't convinced me you weren't pretending to be ignorant, and actually you really are as ignorant and arrogant as you came off.

Don't expect a reply, unlike you I don't get off on being a nuisance.

Yawn. Don't you have some GCSE home work you should be doing?
Because ones ability to perform well in a job is not affected (in most cases) by their cultural or religious beliefs. High skilled immigration refers to their usefulness in important sectors in the economy and society, multiculturalism refers to the mixing of ones culture with another (in which they are not always compatible). They are completely different things. An immigrant does not always have a drastically different culture to our own, it depends on where they come from.

Well, you didn’t specify where you would want the high skilled immigrants to come from. So If they were to come from a country with a culture that is drastically different to British culture then surely multiculturalism is inevitable, no?
Original post by Napp
I couldnt care less i your child was born from the ocean and your grand father was from Jupiter. Saying that doesnt make your views any less questionable.
but lets be frank here if skilled workers want to come here then they have a problem - there are much better countries to move to, generally with a nicer population who dont blame refugees for all their self made problems.

If you dislike British people so much why don't you leave. I love this country my mixed race child can become anything he wants. People move Britain every day and enjoy living. Now you started going about refugees my grandfather was refugee and he love Britain and married a British woman.

I find your view to be questionable and find you to rude.

When you finished your education please feel free too leave Britain if you dislike British people so much.

Have a nice day.
Reply 171
Original post by looloo2134
If you dislike British people so much why don't you leave. I love this country my mixed race child can become anything he wants. People move Britain every day and enjoy living. Now you started going about refugees my grandfather was refugee and he love Britain and married a British woman.

I find your view to be questionable and find you to rude.

When you finished your education please feel free too leave Britain if you dislike British people so much.

Have a nice day.

No, why don't you leave?
Who said I dislike Britain? :lol:
Please stop wittering on about your child, especially its being mixed race, it has absolutely no relevance to this discussion.
Thats nice :smile: I feel for the sake of decorum I will keep my opinions on you to my self.
Which bit, the Masters degree? Pray tell how educated you are ? :smile:
I don't like many immigrants. The concept of immigration is ok though, if only immigrants and British policies enabling them were better.
Original post by Napp
No, why don't you leave?
Who said I dislike Britain? :lol:
Please stop wittering on about your child, especially its being mixed race, it has absolutely no relevance to this discussion.
Thats nice :smile: I feel for the sake of decorum I will keep my opinions on you to my self.
Which bit, the Masters degree? Pray tell how educated you are ? :smile:

i got Master degree myself and did it part time with the Open University while working full time.
Reply 174
Original post by looloo2134
i got Master degree myself and did it part time with the Open University while working full time.

If you say so champ :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
And what if we are "letting people in" who can (and do) help us sort out those problems?

We arent.
Original post by Napp
If you say so babe :smile:

...also why do you have your tits out in your profile picture? :lol:

you voted remain..didn't you? I can smell Remain from here..
you liberals are the same type to cry on social media about the poor state of london's housing
-from your london high rise which you stole from a working class citizen

liberals and hipsters cry about diversity
-while they have no black friends

feminists cry about the wage gap
-while they live thousands of pounds above the poverty line

this is ridiculous and I'm sick of it
It's the sincerest form of flattery, but it's still annoying.
Oh, that's imitation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending