Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend pissed because i don't want to do IT? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend and i have been together for more than a year now and last year we had decided that we will have sex the summer before we both leave to uni, but recently i changed my mind because it isn't really that important to me and since there might be a chance of both of us studying in the uk, we kinda have all the time in the world..
    so when i told him that i wasn't sure about doing it, he got pissed at me? over this? he called ME disgusting? like, he is the one who is desperate and got pissed because i changed my mind
    right now i blocked him because i don't wanna deal with that but what should i do? or say?

edit: i shouldn't have capitalized 'it' lol, my bad

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could compromise and do engineering instead?

Dump him. Why would you stay with someone who has no respect for you?

ReputationRep:
    when i read the title i've thought that by 'IT' you meant 'Information Technology' not gonna lie

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, if he cared about you and had respect for you he would be patient and wait for you to be ready. Two of my close friends were in a relationship like this and the boy actually threatened the girl with leaving if she didn’t do ‘stuff’ and said ‘I can’t wait that long’, and with help from my friends and I my friend luckily got out of that relationship. It isn’t healthy for your boyfriend to make you feel like you have to do stuff; you don’t owe him anything and he has no right to be mad at you for it. Please do what you feel is best, but remember that you are the only person who can decide when you’re ready for that. Good luck and stay safe x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.