Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I'm currently 17, living in Essex, and I've been wanting to get into animation for a very long time. It's an avid dream of mine, but sometimes the goal seems very distant and I lose courage. I'm trying to up my experience--

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any way in which I can gain some work experience in the animation field.

I was talking to a class mate and she said that she'd done some work experience at Cartoon Network (I don't quite know whereabouts), thanks to a family friend. I've tried looking online but there's not much I can find at the moment.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, or advice. I can't thank you enough.

Abi
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by newtbeaut)
    Hi.

I'm currently 17, living in Essex, and I've been wanting to get into animation for a very long time. It's an avid dream of mine, but sometimes the goal seems very distant and I lose courage. I'm trying to up my experience--

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any way in which I can gain some work experience in the animation field.

I was talking to a class mate and she said that she'd done some work experience at Cartoon Network (I don't quite know whereabouts), thanks to a family friend. I've tried looking online but there's not much I can find at the moment.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, or advice. I can't thank you enough.

Abi
    Online is the best place to look. Look for companies in your area and send out a load of emails or even ring or try to visit them. There may also be formal schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Online is the best place to look. Look for companies in your area and send out a load of emails or even ring or try to visit them. There may also be formal schemes.
    Yes! I'll definitely do that. I think it'll be really key if I want to work in the field later down the line. Thank you so much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.