Turn on thread page Beta

3 Months Till My GCSE's watch

ReputationRep:
    Am I able to get a Grade 8 or 9 in my GCSE exams when I only have 3 months left? (Grade 7 Student)

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, to late......

What do u think! ofc you can even in two if you know what your doing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trill_val)
    Probably not, to late......

What do u think! ofc you can even in two if you know what your doing!
    Phew... I thought it was too late! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    this may not be much help, but i thought i'd let you know you're not alone!
    i am planning on properly starting revision next week, once my mocks are over.
    have you started revising yet? if so, what kind of things are you doing?
    good luck!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanababe78)
    hey!
    this may not be much help, but i thought i'd let you know you're not alone!
    i am planning on properly starting revision next week, once my mocks are over.
    have you started revising yet? if so, what kind of things are you doing?
    good luck!! x
    Oh that's good!
    Yh same in the holidays I was planning to revise properly - basically try to know everything inside out!
    I've done a few things here and there but I was planning to revise for all my English Exams in these holidays and for the Science Exam (Paper 1 Only), and for my I.C.T, Maths and maybe History (Paper 1)
    Good Luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockwood&Co_)
    Oh that's good!
    Yh same in the holidays I was planning to revise properly - basically try to know everything inside out!
    I've done a few things here and there but I was planning to revise for all my English Exams in these holidays and for the Science Exam (Paper 1 Only), and for my I.C.T, Maths and maybe History (Paper 1)
    Good Luck to you too
    have you been writing out notes for things like the sciences? everyone else is doing that, but i haven't even started that, and it's stressing me out! but your plan seems really great- hope it goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    im a level 3 right now lmao and im aiming for a 7 , i have a bigger jump. i didnt know gcse were that important till now so i have to work really hard.

ReputationRep:
    You can very very easily. I started hardcore revision at the beginning of April and still got good grades albeit I did revise hard for mocks and this was on the old system. Nevertheless you have plenty of time, try not to burn out!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    have you been writing out notes for things like the sciences? everyone else is doing that, but i haven't even started that, and it's stressing me out! but your plan seems really great- hope it goes well for you!
    I used to last year but then I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Notes will only waste my time if I start writing them out now anyway - I use the CGP revision guide which is really good. Also my teacher handed us the specification and she said that's literally all you need!

Hopefully my plan works! What's your plan?

To you too

ReputationRep:
    Yes, very easily. Look in my December exams last year I got 2 3s in English then in April I got a 6 in language and overall ended up with 2 8 grades in lit and lang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreya kc)
    im a level 3 right now lmao and im aiming for a 7 , i have a bigger jump. i didnt know gcse were that important till now so i have to work really hard.
    Wow least its hit you now. Better now than at April time. Also you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreya kc)
    same here my predicted grade just went up to an eight but my real grades sprinting the other way lol

ReputationRep:
    I used to last year but then I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Notes will only waste my time if I start writing them out now anyway - I use the CGP revision guide which is really good. Also my teacher handed us the specification and she said that's literally all you need!

Hopefully my plan works! What's your plan?

To you too
    same! haha, i gave up on notes a long time ago, and for my mock, i literally just read my CGP book (probably not the best idea, aha).
    i think might, just might start making notes, using the specification, and then do past papers until the exams.
    i think i'll focus on certain papers in a certain period of time, like you- thank you so much for the idea! x

ReputationRep:
    same! haha, i gave up on notes a long time ago, and for my mock, i literally just read my CGP book (probably not the best idea, aha).
    i think might, just might start making notes, using the specification, and then do past papers until the exams.
    i think i'll focus on certain papers in a certain period of time, like you- thank you so much for the idea! x
    Your Welcome. Hopefully we both get the grades we want but the Science has become really hard this year because we now have to do 6 exams in one year - the pressure is too much!
    Also, do you have any advice on how to answer Science Questions because that is the only thing that's stopping me from getting my Grades! (The questions are completely different to what I've learnt)

ReputationRep:
    I was same position as you and I wished I started revising from now... I started in April and got 4A* 5A including a 9 in maths... if i revised from now, I would’ve got straight A* imo. Start from now.. literally now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lion-tiger)
    I was same position as you and I wished I started revising from now... I started in April and got 4A* 5A including a 9 in maths... if i revised from now, I would’ve got straight A* imo. Start from now.. literally now
    Okay. Will do !

ReputationRep:
    Your Welcome. Hopefully we both get the grades we want but the Science has become really hard this year because we now have to do 6 exams in one year - the pressure is too much!
    Also, do you have any advice on how to answer Science Questions because that is the only thing that's stopping me from getting my Grades! (The questions are completely different to what I've learnt)
    i hope so, too! i'm really scared- these exams will be the death of me.

as for answering science exam questions, i suggest that you look at the specification for each, and pick up the key words that are required for you to know, in order to pick up the marks. for example, in the specification for biology, it says 'osmosis is the diffusion of water from a dilute solution to a concentrated solution through a partially permeable membrane'- therefore, in order to gain the marks for a question involving osmosis, you must include the words 'diffusion of water', 'concentrated solution', 'partially permeable membrane', etc. the new exam mark schemes heavily require on key words, so make sure you include the key words they provide in the specification, and hopefully that will get you the marks xx

ReputationRep:
    i hope so, too! i'm really scared- these exams will be the death of me.

as for answering science exam questions, i suggest that you look at the specification for each, and pick up the key words that are required for you to know, in order to pick up the marks. for example, in the specification for biology, it says 'osmosis is the diffusion of water from a dilute solution to a concentrated solution through a partially permeable membrane'- therefore, in order to gain the marks for a question involving osmosis, you must include the words 'diffusion of water', 'concentrated solution', 'partially permeable membrane', etc. the new exam mark schemes heavily require on key words, so make sure you include the key words they provide in the specification, and hopefully that will get you the marks xx
    Thank you so much for that advice... I'll use that from now on!

ReputationRep:
    never too late if you put in the work.

ReputationRep:
    Am I able to get a Grade 8 or 9 in my GCSE exams when I only have 3 months left? (Grade 7 Student)
    hi i'm working at a grade 7 for everything now and i'm aiming for grade 8s and 9s. i think it's possible if you r really focused. i'm trying my best so gud luck. you will be fine.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.