3 Months Till My GCSE's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockwood&Co_)
    Okay. Will do !
    If u need any advice I’m here to help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For sure. I was getting grade 5-6 in English during this stage and I ended up getting a 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackvoid17)
    For sure. I was getting grade 5-6 in English during this stage and I ended up getting a 9
    Can I know about your revision techniques?

ReputationRep:
    Can I know about your revision techniques?
    For English specifically:
    LITERATURE - I wrote notes (including points, quotations and explanations) for each theme and each character almost in an "essay plan" format. I would recommend something like this because it makes you more prepared for the actual essay questions.
    LANGUAGE - I practised things like narrative writing and annotating texts under timed conditions. I also found the Edexcel english language revision guide and workbook extremely helpful.

For subjects in general:
    After writing notes for everything, I did lots of practise questions - not just past papers. If you search online "*insert topic name* exam style questions" you will find good resources. Another thing, especially for science, is to identify patterns in the mark scheme. They might be looking for specific terminology or there might be questions that pop up often in exams.

ReputationRep:
    For English specifically:
    LITERATURE - I wrote notes (including points, quotations and explanations) for each theme and each character almost in an "essay plan" format. I would recommend something like this because it makes you more prepared for the actual essay questions.
    LANGUAGE - I practised things like narrative writing and annotating texts under timed conditions. I also found the Edexcel english language revision guide and workbook extremely helpful.

For subjects in general:
    After writing notes for everything, I did lots of practise questions - not just past papers. If you search online "*insert topic name* exam style questions" you will find good resources. Another thing, especially for science, is to identify patterns in the mark scheme. They might be looking for specific terminology or there might be questions that pop up often in exams.
    Thank you for the advice. It is really helpful and hopefully it will boost my Grade up. Any advice on Math? I'm good at math but my weak spot are word problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlinaReji24)
    hi i'm working at a grade 7 for everything now and i'm aiming for grade 8s and 9s. i think it's possible if you r really focused. i'm trying my best so gud luck. you will be fine.
    Okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice. It is really helpful and hopefully it will boost my Grade up. Any advice on Math? I'm good at math but my weak spot are word problems
    For maths I just did loads of questions. I would also recommend these websites:
    https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/
    https://crashmaths.com/
    https://justmaths.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I getting 3’s and 4’s and 5’s in English I am struggling could anyone help what to do
    In maths I got a 6 but I am predicted a 7 but I want a 8 IDK how to revise for English and for maths all I am doing is past paper questions and does anyone how to factorise x^2/10-3x I have now clue

ReputationRep:
    For maths I just did loads of questions. I would also recommend these websites:
    https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/
    https://crashmaths.com/
    https://justmaths.co.uk/
    So many people have recommended these websites so I probably should use them now- they must be good1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Official-21)
    I getting 3’s and 4’s and 5’s in English I am struggling could anyone help what to do
    In maths I got a 6 but I am predicted a 7 but I want a 8 IDK how to revise for English and for maths all I am doing is past paper questions and does anyone how to factorise x^2/10-3x I have now clue

What are you struggling in? In English Language or Literature? Also, I'd advise you to firstly stay calm (It's hard but the build up of stress won't do you any good).

It's simple really! Is the question 'x to the power of 2 divided by 10 - 3x'? Does it equal to anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanababe78)
    have you been writing out notes for things like the sciences? everyone else is doing that, but i haven't even started that, and it's stressing me out! but your plan seems really great- hope it goes well for you!
    My main way of revision was making notes and then I used to watch some revision videos the night before the exams. Seemed to help.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    i am trying to upload a picture but it does not let me upload

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Official-21)
    i am trying to upload a picture but it does not let me upload
    Does it have a link? You could send it as a link! Try refreshing the page or something!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a mathswatch login that I can use as I have exams after half term and I want to revise

ReputationRep:
    I used to last year but then I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Notes will only waste my time if I start writing them out now anyway - I use the CGP revision guide which is really good. Also my teacher handed us the specification and she said that's literally all you need!

Hopefully my plan works! What's your plan?

To you too
    I have to agree, the CGP revision guides for science are awesome! I've only done foundation papers for science this year and have been getting 5s on them, I've a friend who did the higher mocks and I found the questions were similar, if not the same, this proves I would've gotten more than a 5 on the higher papers. Told my science teacher to give me the higher paper next time (we're only doing P2 after half term), and I'm determined to get a 7 or above on the paper to prove to my teacher that I'm capable of getting a better grade on the higher paper.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone where i can go Romeo and Juliet help for example character analysis essays or theme essays
    sorry for any spellings i did not check i was typing really fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trill_val)
    Probably not, to late......

What do u think! ofc you can even in two if you know what your doing!
    (Original post by trill_val)
    Probably not, to late......

What do u think! ofc you can even in two if you know what your doing!
    That’s the key thing isn’t it... knowing what you’re doing.

And how might OP know what they’re doing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlinaReji24)
    hi i'm working at a grade 7 for everything now and i'm aiming for grade 8s and 9s. i think it's possible if you r really focused. i'm trying my best so gud luck. you will be fine.
    Thank you and Good Luck to you too !

ReputationRep:
    Your Welcome. Hopefully we both get the grades we want but the Science has become really hard this year because we now have to do 6 exams in one year - the pressure is too much!
    Also, do you have any advice on how to answer Science Questions because that is the only thing that's stopping me from getting my Grades! (The questions are completely different to what I've learnt)
    I understand what you are saying i had the same problem last year but then this year i realised that if you dont understand the question but you know the topicyou could still answer the question with your knowledge and while answering automatically you will find the answer as your knowledge will help you predict the answer

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.