The Student Room Group

Higher Options

Hi everyone!

I am in S4 and I have recently sat all my prelims, having attained the following results:
NATIONAL 5 ENGLISH - A
NATIONAL 5 MATHS - A
NATIONAL 5 BIOLOGY - A
NATIONAL 5 CHEMISTRY - A
NATIONAL 5 GEOGRAPHY - A
NATIONAL 5 MODERN STUDIES - A
NATIONAL 5 COMPUTING SCIENCE - A
NATIONAL 5 DRAMA - A

I would like to become a Modern Studies teacher and study Politics & International Relations at Strathclyde University. We have been asked to start thinking about what subjects we would like to take at Higher level and these are what I’ve come up with:
HIGHER ENGLISH
HIGHER GEOGRAPHY
HIGHER MODERN STUDIES
HIGHER DRAMA
HIGHER RELIGIOUS, MORAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL STUDIES

I was wondering if these would be considered good subjects for the course and if I would be better off taking Maths as well at Higher level? If so, would Chemistry be suitable as a substitute for Maths as I know it contains some Maths and I enjoy the subject more overall?

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
hi congratz on your very good prelim results your subject choice seems fine and to be a teacher you only require national 5 maths anyway so you should be completely fine
Check entrance requirements for the uni. You'd be fine without the maths most likely
Original post by s4student
Hi everyone!

I am in S4 and I have recently sat all my prelims, having attained the following results:
NATIONAL 5 ENGLISH - A
NATIONAL 5 MATHS - A
NATIONAL 5 BIOLOGY - A
NATIONAL 5 CHEMISTRY - A
NATIONAL 5 GEOGRAPHY - A
NATIONAL 5 MODERN STUDIES - A
NATIONAL 5 COMPUTING SCIENCE - A
NATIONAL 5 DRAMA - A

I would like to become a Modern Studies teacher and study Politics & International Relations at Strathclyde University. We have been asked to start thinking about what subjects we would like to take at Higher level and these are what I’ve come up with:
HIGHER ENGLISH
HIGHER GEOGRAPHY
HIGHER MODERN STUDIES
HIGHER DRAMA
HIGHER RELIGIOUS, MORAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL STUDIES

I was wondering if these would be considered good subjects for the course and if I would be better off taking Maths as well at Higher level? If so, would Chemistry be suitable as a substitute for Maths as I know it contains some Maths and I enjoy the subject more overall?

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/politicsinternationalrelations/
Here's what the entrance requirements say, so you'd be fine without maths at higher. You could always go back to it in S6 if you wanted. If those 5 are the subjects you like the most and will do best at, then go for them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending