The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for student finance?

I'm going to uni in September and I'm wondering about what finance help Im able to get.
My mam works as a teacher (average £25,000) however, my dad left his job two years ago due to mental illness and is on leave because of it.
Now when my brother was at university, my dad was still at his job and he didn't need any extra help, however he has since left his job and only one parent works.
Would I be able to get any bursaries or support of any kind?
Original post by Zoopley
I'm going to uni in September and I'm wondering about what finance help Im able to get.
My mam works as a teacher (average £25,000) however, my dad left his job two years ago due to mental illness and is on leave because of it.
Now when my brother was at university, my dad was still at his job and he didn't need any extra help, however he has since left his job and only one parent works.
Would I be able to get any bursaries or support of any kind?

Hi Zoopley,

For applications made in 18/19 we would ask for financial evidence from your parents for the tax year 16/17, If the household income was £25000. 00 in that tax year then you will be entitled to the maximum maintenance loan and tuition fees. I have also provided a link for the online calculator which might help.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending