Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much revision over February half term? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just curious to know how much revision current year 11's (or previous ones) are doing over the February break? Not sure on how many hours to aim for per day and could do with a rough idea of everyone else's goals?

ReputationRep:
    Probably nothing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to get those 6's, 7's and 8's, I would suggest revising, especially if you haven't done so yet or haven't finished making revision notes. A lot of people in my school prefer to make timetables, which may be helpful, but I don't like them as they stress me out (what if you don't finish the allocated subjects that you planned? Will you leave that and move on or finish it tomorrow?...) I prefer to just allocate subjects each day: it works very well for me. Just pick a few subjects that you would like to focus on during breaks and just skim read through it all and maybe make some notes. I passed my chemistry mock with an 8. Just don't overwork yourself because your brain needs rest- go out and have a brain-zen day.

My goal is to finish at least 1 subject fully and make all revision notes for that subject (biology) so that during the Easter break, I have fewer subjects to go. You have to start somewhere, and for me, I feel better if I know that I have 9 subjects to go rather than 10 in total.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I went on a ski trip and broke my leg so literally none. Turned out ok though.

ReputationRep:
    Aiming for 3-5 hours a day hopefully, gotta get those 8s

ReputationRep:
    few hours a day, planning to see black panther during the half term though.

ReputationRep:
    Im spending it making all of my physics and chemistry notes, I’ve completely finished biology however chemistry and physics I’m not interested in so it will be a struggle but I’ll motivate myself by the fear of failing

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.