Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't want to be depressed and maybe that's why I'm posting here for some form of validation from you guys.

For the past year, I've had times of immense sadness where I go into my room and have just cried and hated myself and everything about myself. I've not spoken to anyone about it because I don't feel I can.
    I've not had suicidal thoughts for years now so maybe that's the main reason I don't think I have depression but I'm just really sad. I do have some deeply ingrained self-loathing and I can't explain it but I just hate everything about myself.

Recently though, I've become so jumpy, everything frightens me. 3-4x daily I get palpitations and I'm just lying in bed and I'm scared for something so trivial and I don't know why and I hate it. I think it's beginning to affect my University work, I can't stay motivated.
    I've recently reached out to my old friends before I went to university and they all seem so happy and busy, they don't have time for me and now I really don't know who to go to.
    I don't want to be diagnosed with depression so I can't go to a doctor or anything.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and got out of it?

I feel the same way, I have moments where I'm just extremely sad and I can never understand why, somethint really good could've happened that day but I could end up in my room crying.
    I have a lot of self hatred towards myself too and I think that's the route of the problem, unexplanitory self hatred

I am the same when it comes to work, I can't motivate myself anymore and I don't know why
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.