The Student Room Group

my gf dumped me and got with another guy

my gf and i were going out for a year then out the blue the other day she dumped me by text saying she couldnt handle a relationship it was really hurt me and now just found out she has got with another guy already because i still had her on fb and she put in a relationship i snooped on him and he has far more money than me and is somewhat older, i stupidly texted her and called her every name and she was angry saying I wasnt good enough and that she had been seeing him before we split up, I am 27 she is 23 dont know why she would do this i mean we were with each other couple days before she dumped me and she said she was happy with me and said she loved me, I have been crying my eyes out non stop there was no sign of this
(edited 6 years ago)
please don’t do anything extreme your head just isn’t in the right place because you’ve experienced something bad, just give it some time. She sounds like a gold digger from the way you’ve described the other man also think of it this way, the breakup could have gone worse like imagine you caught her with the guy, at least she had enough respect to break up with you rather than waiting for you to find out
You may feel terrible right now, but you will feel better with time. Don't throw your life away over someone so bad- you are worth a lot more than her.

I recommend that you de-friend/block her on all social media accounts. Any contact with her right now will do you no good. Pick up the phone and call your parents and tell them what has happened- they will be very sympathetic to you and will be able to offer you a lot of experienced counsel and support. Hang out with friends- don't allow yourself to become isolated as that will worsen your feelings. Right now you need productive and positive distractions.

This may be the end of your relationship, but it's not the end of your future, happiness or life. Things will get better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending