The Student Room Group

Why do I keep getting dizzy?

Some times when I workout or do a physical activity like playing football I start to lose energy get breathless and dizzy and be on the verge of fainting. Most of the times it has occurred is due to me not eating before I've done the activity. I understand I need a source of fuel.

However one time I was playing football only an hour after breakfast and started to feel breathless, I ignored it and carried on but it never went away and I started to get dizzy. I don't understand, I had breakfast only an hour ago. Is there something I'm missing?
How do other people do physical activities without getting so breathless? Should I see a doctor?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mr_Robot
Some times when I workout or do a physical activity like playing football I start to lose energy get breathless and dizzy and be on the verge of fainting. Most of the times it has occurred is due to me not eating before I've done the activity. I understand I need a source of fuel.

However one time I was playing football only an hour after breakfast and started to feel breathless, I ignored it and carried on but it never went away and I started to get dizzy. I don't understand, I had breakfast only an hour ago. Is there something I'm missing?
How do other people do physical activities without getting so breathless? Should I see a doctor?

Please see a doctor if you are getting breathless after physical activity there may be a problem with your blood circulation so you aren't getting enough oxygen making you feel dizzy.
Yeah sounds like not enough oxygen. See a doctor! :smile:
Reply 3
You might just not be fit. You don’t need to appear physically obese or overweight for something like that to happen. Do you regularly exercise?
Could be diabetes or even heart related. Get it checked asap
Original post by Mr_Robot

Definitely get this checked out op but also make sure you are having a proper breakfast. I know you say you are having breakfast but is it nutritious enough? I ate coco pops once then did some work in the garden I felt very dizzy, weak and sick. I don't have diabetes I just didn't eat right.

Quick Reply

Latest