Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Beginning:
    I wasn't sure I was going to try this as I'm not much of a writer/ good at sharing much about myself. However, I'm hoping that by doing this I will be able to find the motivation that I had when I started my educational journey. Some of my posts may be completely unrelated to progress in my A-levels and sorry if this becomes boring and isn't very helpful. This is going to be a shared journey so if I say/do something you find you have an opinion about then please comment about it I would like this to be an area where ALL can have a say. Also, I'm open to any study suggestions you have.

A lot of my struggles began at the end of Y11 when I received my GCSE results, now on average, they are good results with an A, B, approx. 7 C's and a D. however at the time I was mortified as Id worked so hard and was hitting B's in most subjects. Although many tried to comfort me with saying that much of it was down to extenuating circumstances that I had no control over as my mum became ill over the exam period, I felt that I had failed and that matters at home shouldn't have affected my academic performance.

After being accepted into my 1st choice college I was beginning my AS levels in Maths, History, and Computer Science and was very excited. I'd settled in well and found an AMAZING group of friends, I thought things were finally, back on track to get me to where I want to be. I'd put in 100% effort once again, however, I failed once again (U, U, E at the end of the year.) I couldn't think of a reason behind this, things at home were good and I had been on track in all of my class mock assessments to achieve D, C, C so as you can imagine I was distraught. The college, however, gave me a 2nd chance so this year I am redoing my A-levels however I'm on the new spec and have swapped Maths to Sociology against my wish (glad I did it though).

So this is me a 2nd year Y12, who feels slightly broken and hoping that by posting these (smaller next time hopefully) I will be able to find the motivation I had when I started my journey to get to Uni. Apologies if this was too long and more of a rant but it's made me feel a little lighter already. Maybe you can do the same either as a pen & paper journal, as a comment, your own thread or a word doc that you keep private. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hey! all the best with your journey! I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough time but you'll get there I know it I'm looking forward to hearing more about your studies!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hey! all the best with your journey! I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough time but you'll get there I know it I'm looking forward to hearing more about your studies!
    Hey thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The Middle:
    Sorry for this being so late I'd planned on trying to post once a week to let you know how 'm getting on. However, the 1st week of doing this I didn't get very far. I'd
    planned of using the study planner however becuase I have so little time on the evening and my college timetable is a bit all over I found this wirse as I felt like I wasn't atchiveing anything. I've been feeling like that alot until last night (15/02). I recieve an e-mail from one of my college teachers saying thst my mini EPQ was good enough for me continue on to the FULL EPQ if I would like. I'm going to have to cut this shorter than I would have like as I am not feeling well and can feel myself falling alseep. I apologies for the lack of detail. Next week I will update on ALL of the revision techniques
    i've used and a few other details. Thanks for reading

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.