Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, So I've recently been offered a place at Bird College conservatoire for a foundation year starting in September. I know that unfortunately there is no official funding available for the course, but, hopefully taking this extra step will allow me to get a place the following year on my chosen degree course. I've taken the risk of choosing this pathway despite having a full offer from another conservatoire due to the nature of the course being more suited to the training I require and desire. Now, I have roughly from now till September to work full time and save-up for the course meaning I should get pretty close to having the funds for the course (around £8 grand ughhh) but then that does not include the money I'll need for accommodation and living costs whilst I'm there. This means I'm cutting it pretty fine, even with family providing the little that they can to support me. SO, I also know that there are some charities and trusts that sponsor/ donate to causes like mine to aid people less well-off in achieving their goals and dreams. Does anyone know of any charities etc like these that I could look at for help? Thank you in advance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aileen_19)
    Hi, So I've recently been offered a place at Bird College conservatoire for a foundation year starting in September. I know that unfortunately there is no official funding available for the course, but, hopefully taking this extra step will allow me to get a place the following year on my chosen degree course. I've taken the risk of choosing this pathway despite having a full offer from another conservatoire due to the nature of the course being more suited to the training I require and desire. Now, I have roughly from now till September to work full time and save-up for the course meaning I should get pretty close to having the funds for the course (around £8 grand ughhh) but then that does not include the money I'll need for accommodation and living costs whilst I'm there. This means I'm cutting it pretty fine, even with family providing the little that they can to support me. SO, I also know that there are some charities and trusts that sponsor/ donate to causes like mine to aid people less well-off in achieving their goals and dreams. Does anyone know of any charities etc like these that I could look at for help? Thank you in advance
    Hi Aileen,

If you speak to the College, they may be able to point you in the right direction of other funding providers.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Aileen,

If you speak to the College, they may be able to point you in the right direction of other funding providers.

Thanks

Catherine
    Thanks for the reply-
    That may be possible but they very explicitly say there are no normal funding avenues for this course and that it is self funded. Therefore, I am unsure that they would be likely to provide any assistance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aileen_19)
    Hi Aileen_19,

Charities and trusts sometimes provide grants, often for students from poorer backgrounds or those who’ve achieved academic excellence. Find out more at your local library in these publications:
    • the Educational Grants Directory
    • the Charities Digest
    • the Grants Register
    • the Directory of Grant Making Trusts

You can also use the Family Action Grant Search, here is a link,

http://bit.ly/1VTcA2X

Regards Rona

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.