The Student Room Group

Funding a foundation year- VOCATIONAL

Hi, So I've recently been offered a place at Bird College conservatoire for a foundation year starting in September. I know that unfortunately there is no official funding available for the course, but, hopefully taking this extra step will allow me to get a place the following year on my chosen degree course. I've taken the risk of choosing this pathway despite having a full offer from another conservatoire due to the nature of the course being more suited to the training I require and desire. Now, I have roughly from now till September to work full time and save-up for the course meaning I should get pretty close to having the funds for the course (around £8 grand ughhh) but then that does not include the money I'll need for accommodation and living costs whilst I'm there. This means I'm cutting it pretty fine, even with family providing the little that they can to support me. SO, I also know that there are some charities and trusts that sponsor/ donate to causes like mine to aid people less well-off in achieving their goals and dreams. Does anyone know of any charities etc like these that I could look at for help? Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending