Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am currently in the year before I go to university and I started off working as a bartender for Sheffield United but the pay is shite and it is very irregular hours so I had to find work elsewhere. Before I started working at Bramall Lane I wanted to work in a nightclub but lacked the experience as I only worked in retail before and I've only been 18 for 4 months. So I decided if I wanted to do bar work at uni, I should work in a nightclub before.

The thing is it's not good for my sleeping and thus my social life suffers a bit. The hours at the nightclub aren't the best and I also live far out of town so some money is wasted getting taxis home (I get half of each fare back on payday). It's good as I see all my friends when they go clubbing. And to top it off my parents don't appreciate me needing the extra money. They see all the negatives and none of the positives. Has anyone done the same thing as me or doing it right now? It's a bit frustrating because my colleagues are all at uni and then there's me.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.