Turn on thread page Beta

A while ago I had a decent amount of friends and had snapchat streaks with them. I lost them all but when i lost thrm i stopped talking to them, lost alot of friends through laziness and now fast forward 6 months i don't use social media and have no friends. I snapped thr people I used to have streaks with and asked them for them back, am now super embarassed as most said no. Am i super desperate?

You based friendship quality on Snapchat..?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Multifaceted)
    You based friendship quality on Snapchat..?
    No but I noticed a correlation between stopping using social media and loss of friendships, I don't know if this is normal but I literally have no friends anymore and probably less now i sent out a mass call for streaks how pathetic I realise it now

I can't even make friends on social media, you need to go outside to the gym, sports centre, bar, walk your dog etc if you're doing what you love, you'll meet people with similar interests. Also, don't hang around in the past, people have moved on, you should too...theres a lot of people in this world you just have to start looking for the right ones differently

ReputationRep:
    The same thing has happened to me, a little bit different but along the same lines and I still don’t have any mates☹️ if you want to talk you can message me xxx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by soph21.xx)
    The same thing has happened to me, a little bit different but along the same lines and I still don’t have any mates☹️ if you want to talk you can message me xxx
    yeah i dont have any mates either btw im 18
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How ever did people have friendships before social media????

But srs OP, join a club or something - meet people with similar interests!

(Original post by soph21.xx)
    Yeah, Id suggest the same advice to you! :hugs:

I dont many friends and as theyre dotted around the country, so sometimes feels I have none. Can PM me though if you want!

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, feeling like you have no friends is much more common than you think. But you'd be surprised how easy it is to reach out to people. Why don't you just message someone you know or used to talk to, asking how they are and what they've been up to? Most people won't ignore a DM. Or if that isn't your style going down to the pub or joining a club is a great way to meet new people. One thing I do know is that if you do nothing then you will probably continue to feel alone; you've got to make stuff happen for yourself!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.