Turn on thread page Beta

Hi eyes ache a lot when I look round watch

ReputationRep:
    I know that this can be caused by to much time on tech and lack of sleep however I have been getting the recommended however I am ill? What should I do

ReputationRep:
    No you're not ill, it can happen to a lot of people independent of screen time or rest time.

I think you may have slightly dry eyes condition- safe to talk to a doctor about it first or with a boots optician and you can easily buy a dry eyes solution from boots, will definitely help i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a9493r)
    No you're not ill, it can happen to a lot of people independent of screen time or rest time.

I think you may have slightly dry eyes condition- safe to talk to a doctor about it first or with a boots optician and you can easily buy a dry eyes solution from boots, will definitely help i think.
    What I mean by I’ll is that I have a cough and sore throat an a temp of 100.5 but my siblings have dry eyes however they both react much more strong than I do

ReputationRep:
    Don’t look around.

Only joking, if it persists make an appointment at the opticians perhaps.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bellahasquestion)
    What I mean by I’ll is that I have a cough and sore throat an a temp of 100.5 but my siblings have dry eyes however they both react much more strong than I do
    So you have a cold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    So you have a cold?
    No, no blocked nose or anything like that mainly a cough which caused a sore throat
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, no blocked nose or anything like that mainly a cough which caused a sore throat
    You don't have to have all the symptoms of a cold to still have one. Anyway, if this cough has been going on more than 3 weeks, and it is persistent, see your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Sensitive eyes to humidity or bright light?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know that this can be caused by to much time on tech and lack of sleep however I have been getting the recommended however I am ill? What should I do
    I usually get this when I’m ill and it helps if I stay hydrated. When you’re ill your body needs to get rid of whatever is causing the bug, so things like mucus and urine production will be higher than usual, so you have to put in more water to help the body get rid of it. Headaches like this are the most basic symptom of mild dehydration.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have the best tip for when your eyes are sore or tired and you can't concentrate:
    slice cucumber and place on your eyes. It only takes 20 seconds minimum then you open your eyes and feel alive and reinvigorated - ready to do homework!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.