Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I was just wondering if there are any current / past Bangor students that can give me their opinion on the different accommodation available. I want to know what is best for a shared kitchen / ensuite room? is there a more popular choice? distance from campus doesn't bother me, I just want to get a good room lol - I was looking at St Mary's village so does anyone have an opinion on it? thanks in advance )) x
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 2018sandra)
    Hi - I was just wondering if there are any current / past Bangor students that can give me their opinion on the different accommodation available. I want to know what is best for a shared kitchen / ensuite room? is there a more popular choice? distance from campus doesn't bother me, I just want to get a good room lol - I was looking at St Mary's village so does anyone have an opinion on it? thanks in advance )) x
    Hi 2018sandra

Have a look at the link below where you can have a look at the different types of rooms on offer:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/

We also won best accommodation at the Whats Uni Student Choice Awards 2016.

There are 600 rooms available at St Mary's and 2000 rooms at the Ffriddoedd Village.

I find that both villages are as good as each other

Hope this helps

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2018sandra)
    I currently live in private halls in Bangor, so I don't have any first-hand experience of the uni-owned accommodation.

A word of warning though, St Mary's is up a very steep hill, which a lot of people don't realise when they book it. I know some postgrads that live up there, and they find that it makes them want to skip lectures to avoid doing the climb afterwards, and is perilous on icy/snowy days. Ffriddoedd village is a lot more popular, and tends to host more events too.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.