Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I misread it and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

I actually got a B in English language which is still above their requirements (C in Eng Lang).

Would this be a potential problem? Does anyone know if they cross-check with their requirements or with my application? Is it worth telling them or just waiting to see if they have any problems?

Thanks
    Jared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jared_croston)
    Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I thought it misread and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

I actually got a B in English language which is still above their requirements (C in Eng Lang).

Would this be a potential problem? Does anyone know if they cross-check with their requirements or with my application? Is it worth telling them or just waiting to see if they have any problems?

Thanks
    Jared
    Definitely a potential problem. Are we talking GCSEs or A-Levels? And is it for a graduate role or an internship or something?

If it's a grad role and only a mistake on GCSEs it probably doesn't matter too much. If it's an internship right after A-Levels and you put the wrong grade that would obviously be more of a problem. They can still retract the offer either way though, because it was based on the grades you said you had. C grades might be the minimum requirement, but obviously they want the best candidates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICB)
    Definitely a potential problem. Are we talking GCSEs or A-Levels? And is it for a graduate role or an internship or something?

If it's a grad role and only a mistake on GCSEs it probably doesn't matter too much. If it's an internship right after A-Levels and you put the wrong grade that would obviously be more of a problem. They can still retract the offer either way though, because it was based on the grades you said you had. C grades might be the minimum requirement, but obviously they want the best candidates!
    Yep its GCSE and Grad role. You think I should say anything? Or is it likely they just check it against their minimum benchmark?

ReputationRep:
    If it were me, I don't think I'd mention it. If they bring it up you can say what you just said - you didn't realise. If they don't bring it up then it doesn't really matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jared_croston)
    Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I misread it and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

Thanks
    Jared
    Maybe let some1 from recruitment know, I know Deloitte have the online help desk where you can talk to someone from HR.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.