Deloitte Pre-Employment Check (put down wrong gcse grade) Watch

jared_croston
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I misread it and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

I actually got a B in English language which is still above their requirements (C in Eng Lang).

Would this be a potential problem? Does anyone know if they cross-check with their requirements or with my application? Is it worth telling them or just waiting to see if they have any problems?

Thanks
Jared
ICB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jared_croston)
Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I thought it misread and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

I actually got a B in English language which is still above their requirements (C in Eng Lang).

Would this be a potential problem? Does anyone know if they cross-check with their requirements or with my application? Is it worth telling them or just waiting to see if they have any problems?

Thanks
Jared
Definitely a potential problem. Are we talking GCSEs or A-Levels? And is it for a graduate role or an internship or something?

If it's a grad role and only a mistake on GCSEs it probably doesn't matter too much. If it's an internship right after A-Levels and you put the wrong grade that would obviously be more of a problem. They can still retract the offer either way though, because it was based on the grades you said you had. C grades might be the minimum requirement, but obviously they want the best candidates!
jared_croston
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ICB)
Definitely a potential problem. Are we talking GCSEs or A-Levels? And is it for a graduate role or an internship or something?

If it's a grad role and only a mistake on GCSEs it probably doesn't matter too much. If it's an internship right after A-Levels and you put the wrong grade that would obviously be more of a problem. They can still retract the offer either way though, because it was based on the grades you said you had. C grades might be the minimum requirement, but obviously they want the best candidates!
Yep its GCSE and Grad role. You think I should say anything? Or is it likely they just check it against their minimum benchmark?
ICB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it were me, I don't think I'd mention it. If they bring it up you can say what you just said - you didn't realise. If they don't bring it up then it doesn't really matter!
e^x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all,

I recently got an offer from Deloitte for a role but I put down that I got an A* on my English Language grade because I misread it and thought it was just 'English'. I did get an A* in English Lit and that is on the same piece of paper I need to send them for verification.

Thanks
Jared
Maybe let some1 from recruitment know, I know Deloitte have the online help desk where you can talk to someone from HR.
tc988
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

Thanks
Jared
What happened in the end?
Slickdave
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

Thanks
Jared
Jared, I expect all that will happen is that they will know you are the right kind of person for them.

Lying on your CV meets the essential requirements for any jobs in finance and accounting, especially on something pointless like GCSE results.

All you need to do is stab your future colleagues in the back and you are a future chairperson in the making!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed