Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for BA fine art at chelsea or CSM??? I submitted my mini portfolio two weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything yet! And I’m still waiting to hear something from Chelsea cause they didn’t even ask me to submit the mini portfolio as CSM did.. anyoneeee??

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied for BA Fine Art 2018 CSM, I've submitted my mini portfolio, I also haven't received any reply regarding the full portfolio review or interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aoifeoc49471)
    Hi,

I've applied for BA Fine Art 2018 CSM, I've submitted my mini portfolio, I also haven't received any reply regarding the full portfolio review or interview.
    Hi,

And have you done a foundation?? I’m currently studying second year at uni (fine art in Spain) but I’m reading that is almost impossible to get an offer without a foundation...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm doing a foundation course in Ireland, but im sure first year fine art will be fine 👍

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've applied for BA Fine Art at CSM too. I'm on a UAL foundation and submitted my mini portfolio on the 17th of January and haven't heard anything either. According to my tutor it takes a while due to most art schools traditionally doing it later than other universities. Just wanted to join the thread incase anyone else is in the same situation xD
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’ve also submitted my mini portfolio on the 23th of January and haven’t heard anything back either.. so yeah I think we are all feeling the same way 😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarleyParker)
    Hey I've applied for BA Fine Art at CSM too. I'm on a UAL foundation and submitted my mini portfolio on the 17th of January and haven't heard anything either. According to my tutor it takes a while due to most art schools traditionally doing it later than other universities. Just wanted to join the thread incase anyone else is in the same situation xD
    Well if you are on a UAL foundation I'm sure your portfolio will be great! What did you include in it? I'm a bit worried about that too to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amai27)
    Well if you are on a UAL foundation I'm sure your portfolio will be great! What did you include in it? I'm a bit worried about that too to be honest...
    Well it's not at UAL itself, just the one they run in colleges across the UK, but thanks! I separated mine into three 'stories', so 2 large projects of mine and a short one to separate the 2 main ones. Most of the stuff I put in were experiments and sketchbook type pages, with about 4 of 10 going to 'finished' works. No idea how it's been received yet by them. What's in yours? I'm sure it's great considering you're already at university level

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not at UAL itself, just the one they run in colleges across the UK, but thanks! I separated mine into three 'stories', so 2 large projects of mine and a short one to separate the 2 main ones. Most of the stuff I put in were experiments and sketchbook type pages, with about 4 of 10 going to 'finished' works. No idea how it's been received yet by them. What's in yours? I'm sure it's great considering you're already at university level
    I‘ve only put one page with sketches... everything else are finished works, one 3D project and a scale model.. do you think they prefer to see ideas instead of finished works??? Ay madre!😂 Well.. take a look! https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

ReputationRep:
    I‘ve only put one page with sketches... everything else are finished works, one 3D project and a scale model.. do you think they prefer to see ideas instead of finished works??? Ay madre!😂 Well.. take a look! https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Dude! Your portfolio is amazing! From what I know (which probably isn't more than you) I think this is the kind of stuff they're looking for. There's a total continuation of themes and ideas and everything just looks so refined. Your work is so good!

ReputationRep:
    Dude! Your portfolio is amazing! From what I know (which probably isn't more than you) I think this is the kind of stuff they're looking for. There's a total continuation of themes and ideas and everything just looks so refined. Your work is so good!
    Oh god.. you’ll make me cry!😭 Thank you!! I don’t know... we’ll see. I wanna see your work! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh god.. you’ll make me cry!😭 Thank you!! I don’t know... we’ll see. I wanna see your work! Haha
    I didn't put mine up on a Flickr or anything for applications because only two universities needed an e-folio. I'll see how easy it is to do it and get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, dude your portfolio is sick 👍 ...... feel a bit scared now hahaha 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    HarleyParker okay!!
    Aoifeoc49471 pleaseeeee 😭

I think we all feel the same when we see someone else’s works .......

ReputationRep:
    HarleyParker okay!!
    Aoifeoc49471 pleaseeeee 😭

I think we all feel the same when we see someone else’s works .......
    I think I've worked out Flickr? Here's the link if it does work: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaGmMQC

Aoifeoc49471 I'm sure your portfolio is great! This is just coming from someone doing the same level of course so we're probably working around the same level too

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I suppose art is so subjective, its difficult to compare, but honestly, mate, you have a solid portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I suppose art is so subjective, its difficult to compare, but honestly, mate, you have a solid portfolio.
    Thank you dude! You've made me all happy now

ReputationRep:
    @HarleyParker Awwwww I love ittt, seriously! And I think they love to see the process.. so you’ll be fine. I remember when I first used the alginate.. I hate that **** 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Aoifeoc49471;76049040]https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/? Hey guys, I've attached link to my portfolio. Love how different everyone's is. Its arranged in the incorrect order, but I'm sure youll get the jist.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Aoifeoc49471;76049072]
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/? Hey guys, I've attached link to my portfolio. Love how different everyone's is. Its arranged in the incorrect order, but I'm sure youll get the jist.
    You are more into sculpture too, right? .... maybe I made a mistake putting painting and photography too.. i think i should have only put sculptures.. xD now my portfolio looks a bit incoherent hahah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.