Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quality of M.Sc. Economics at Surrey and Nottingham watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I've got an offer by University of Surrey for the M.Sc. Economics and waiting for a response by Nottingham for the same program. I am not from UK and I heard that modules for the same program could vary in depth and difficultly between universities. What do you think about the level and the quality of the two programs? Please answer even if you only have heard something by a friend. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    what are your areas of interests, any ideas? I would provide more advice if I knew your prefered modules.

ReputationRep:
    Econometrics/Development Economics/Energy and environmental economics
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Econometrics: Nottingham by a mile
    Dev Econ: Surrey. Nott a close second
    Environment: If regulation and pricing, Nottingham.

Overall, Nottingham is a solid top 10 Econ faculty in the UK and excels in a broad range of econ areas. Behavioural, Micro IO, Finance, Int Econ, Macro monetary, econ theory, systems etc. Source: see RePec impact factor of publications in peer reviewed journals. Surrey is only good in DevEcon.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    For Economics definitely Nottingham as it has always been ranked behind Oxbridge LSE UCL Warwick and is on par with Durham Bristol Bath in this discipline.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.