Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in my first year of A-levels and I was wondering if I could do to courses simultaneously at, for example, University of Cambridge
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 20karan01)
    Hi,
    I'm in my first year of A-levels and I was wondering if I could do to courses simultaneously at, for example, University of Cambridge
    You can't do two degrees simultaneously, you can do one degree which explores more than one subject area though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You can't do two degrees simultaneously, you can do one degree which explores more than one subject area though.
    Oh, right thanks a lot !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20karan01)
    Hi,
    You cannot do two degrees at the same time, however some universities may do joint degrees for related subjects. Such as computer science and mathematics.

I would consider what you want to do though because a joint degree can sometimes be worse than just a plain degree. For example, if you want to do something like artificial intelligence, you may go for a join cs and maths degree because it requires a lot of math. But what you get in a join degree is general maths while in purely computer science degree you can choose artificial intelligence and machine learning modules.

So just explore what the universities offer online. Give them a call if you need to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.