Turn on thread page Beta

My mate has got into trouble on several occasions with the uni watch

ReputationRep:
    The university i am at at the moment advise us to check our emails at least once everyday.
    My mate who has not checked his email in weeks and has got into a fair bit of trouble with the university as he has been pulled up on this on several occasions. Does this happen at most unis or not as he seems to think they are being very assertive on the issue.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by leechapman)
    The university i am at at the moment advise us to check our emails at least once everyday.
    My mate who has not checked his email in weeks and has got into a fair bit of trouble with the university as he has been pulled up on this on several occasions. Does this happen at most unis or not as he seems to think they are being very assertive on the issue.
    I think they are being quite assertive, it's not something that I've experienced at university.

ReputationRep:
    i think if hes missing important notices then he should really be checking them. Why does he refuse to check them. If a lecture is trying to get into contact with him for whatever reason i dont blame the uni
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't see the issue. It's not difficult to have your email synced to your phone or to just go and check them daily. Your university email is your primary point of contact for most things. If he is not checking his emails regularly and thus missing out on things then it makes perfect sense to call him out on it. The university wouldn't be able to call him out on simply not checking his emails, they'll be calling him out on the things he misses as a result or some other problem.

It's really very simple. Check your emails regularly. You don't gain anything by not checking them but you will probably lose out on a lot.

ReputationRep:
    He has probably missed important meetings with his staff or exam dates because he has not checked his emails. I dont really believe the university is going over the top with the way they are handling this situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leechapman)
    At my uni, we were told we must check our uni email account at least twice a week. I don't know what the particular consequences would be if we didn't check them regularly, but one obvious one would be that we miss announcements about deadlines, lecture room or time changes etc. I don't whether they were so adamant because I'm a postgrad, or whether they have the same rules for undergrads too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.