Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend hasn't contacted me in 6 days. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A boyfriend did this to me. The whole episode is hilarious now but at the time I was heartbroken.

He had just come out of a serious relationship so I was rebound material really. We worked in the same place and I was close (and still am) with his brother. We did the whole "super serious" stuff, discussed moving in and kids. It's hilarious. Anyway, he got cold feet about two months in, ghosted me for a month so I did the whole passive aggressive angst but I still love you! thing. Properly got hung up on it for ages, then he got a new girlfriend and I don't know...I just got over it after that.

It totally sucks at the time but you'll move on. It's disappointing but chalk it up as a learning curve and get someone better.

ReputationRep:
    Not worth your time tbh.

Although maybe he's bad at replying?
    I probably get 1 text every 5 months but even that text I won't respond to for maybe 4-7 days.

(Original post by Bulletzone)
    Not worth your time tbh.

Although maybe he's bad at replying?
    I probably get 1 text every 5 months but even that text I won't respond to for maybe 4-7 days.
    but he was calling me daily up until now. He was never much of a texter but he was always good at calling, and if he didn't call for even a day, he'd call me up the next day apologizing for not being in touch. I'm not sure if this is a mind game to make me 'pay' for not having sex with him, maybe he wants me to suffer and feel the pain of losing him or something. Or he just wants to end it with me, but doesn't know how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but he was calling me daily up until now. He was never much of a texter but he was always good at calling, and if he didn't call for even a day, he'd call me up the next day apologizing for not being in touch. I'm not sure if this is a mind game to make me 'pay' for not having sex with him, maybe he wants me to suffer and feel the pain of losing him or something. Or he just wants to end it with me, but doesn't know how.
    Either:

Confront him about it or Leave.

thank you so much for the kind words, it really means a lot I've spent the past few days mostly crying, thinking about him constantly, analyzing every date we've been on, and resisting the urge to call him more than I've already done. I just want to get over it to be honest. I wish I'd never met him, but in a way maybe this is a good thing because it taught me not to be so innocent and naive in future when it comes to relationships, not everybody goes into things with pure intentions.
    You’re very welcome!! I just don’t want this happening to anyone else because guys I’ve known in the past have been like this, like I mentioned my ex ignored me for two months and then another guy (we’ll call him Jorge) messaged a lot of girls (some of those I know and myself) asking for 1 thing in particular and basically was up himself tbh. But I’ve known too many idiots that treat girls like rubbish and don’t get me wrong there are some lovely guys out there.

1. Block the guy on everything, so he gets the message that he’s treated you wrong and you’ll feel a lot better~ delete his number, delete all the photos, like anything you have of him
    2. Do something you love. It’s hard to deal with ignorance from someone and especially if it’s someone you love, for me listening to Dua Lipa and other feel good songs always does the trick but if you love something that takes off your mind off everything do that
    3. Don’t look back in anger (and yeah you could say I’m referencing oasis here 😂)- for example if you’re on a one way street, you can’t go backwards and it could be applied to a situation like this. Sure you’ll regret things such as meeting the guy but that’s in the past and now you have to look in the future and tell yourself that you can’t change things but you can avoid the same pot hole again. I’m sure you will anyway.

I’m glad I’ve been able to give someone some good advice
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lovebombing, devalue and discard?

(Original post by Bulletzone)
    Either:

Confront him about it or Leave.
    I've tried to confront him but he isn't communicating with me, so I suppose I'll just walk away.

ReputationRep:
    I did text him for the last time yesterday giving him an ultimatum saying 'if you don't call me, I'll consider this as meaning you don't want to be with me anymore.' and left it at that. From now on, there will be no more calls, texts etc. I can move on and get over this eventually, this actually is his loss. My fear is that if he does get in touch, my feelings are going to come flooding back and I'll go back to him.
    There's only one way that's good for you. You need to just move on. Forget about him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    Lol
    You're far worse and probably do this type of thing yourself that's why you got so angry and so insulted
    Some guys actually don't lie, I have been a victim of a girl who lied to me it isn't very nice, whilst I don't agree with the insults you are getting and have reported them, you don't think some of your posts through that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Some guys actually don't lie, I have been a victim of a girl who lied to me it isn't very nice, whilst I don't agree with the insults you are getting and have reported them, you don't think some of your posts through that well.
    I'm just having a laugh winding people up using certain words so I'm not going to think things through but when other people start throwing insults for no reason like those other 2 when I was just trying to help someone else then I just try to wind them up even more which will bother them even more than insulting them back.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm just having a laugh winding people up using certain words so I'm not going to think things through but when other people start throwing insults for no reason like those other 2 when I was just trying to help someone else then I just try to wind them up even more which will bother them even more than insulting them back.
    I wouldn't even bother giving those 2 the time of day

Update: I called him up using a private number so he couldn't see my caller ID, and he actually answered the phone and said hello twice. So it's confirmed he was actually avoiding me. I think I will now proceed to completely remove him from my life.

At this point even he did return, I could never take him back. Never has a guy hurt my feelings so badly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    it may be that something has happened to him. ring his family to check.

Update: I called him up using a private number so he couldn't see my caller ID, and he actually answered the phone and said hello twice. So it's confirmed he was actually avoiding me. I think I will now proceed to completely remove him from my life.

At this point even he did return, I could never take him back. Never has a guy hurt my feelings so badly.
    This has been done to me before - he was actually getting back with his ex-girlfriend whilst I was away travelling, and ignored me for about a week. Then he admitted to cheating, said he wanted to get back when I returned home, and then did the same thing again. It hurt like hell at the time, but it didn't take long to realise 'wait, this guy is just an utter ****'. His ex-girlfriend later broke his heart.

Don't worry, he'll get what he deserves. A lot of men are pathetic, weak creatures, and incapable of doing the noble thing and just telling a girl they're not interested. Don't EVER take him back, you're better than that.

Well after a month he's gotten bored and just because he brought up marriage doesn't mean he can't change his mind.
    He sounds like a typical male, fickle but there not all like that ??
    You haven't slept with him already ?
    Women should always make men wait 3 months before sleeping with them to keep them keen
    If I was with someone who did that for no other reason than to "keep me keen" she wouldn't be with me for long enough to find out exactly how keen I can get.

ReputationRep:

At least you have confirmed it, now to block him on everything and enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he only wanted one thing.

ReputationRep:

That was a good idea to ring him on a private number and he was very stupid to answer the phone because it should have been obvious that it could be you. But it's a shame you didn't say anything just to have a go at him and make him squirm. But at least you know for sure now that he is a loser so you can move on and find somebody better.
    Now you should try a dating site called Happn that introduces you to people in your own area. I met someone on it last year who lives 5 minutes from me, he was a nice person but very tight. I'm not with him anymore but I don't want to meet anybody anymore mainly because I hate going on dates and even worse if I can't think of anything to say to that person. But I haven't ditched that dating site, when I get replies I still read them but maybe if I saw someone I did really like I would contact them. But I do think it is a good dating site and everybody should try it even if they think they won't meet anybody through it. There's no harm just trying it.
    I only got 1 reply when i first joined last year and after a few months because nobody contacted me I had to be the one to contact first that's how I met the bloke that lived 5 mins away because he wouldn't have messaged me first.
    Everybody should try it even just as an experiment to see if it works, after all what have you got to lose

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.