Newcastle Studio Flat for rent August 2018

Watch
hatcs001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

I'm looking for someone to take over my 12 month lease on a studio flat in Jesmond of Newcastle.

Here is my ad's details:

I'm looking for someone to take over my rent lease agreement. No longer need the studio as I am transferring universities in September 2018.

The property is a 1 bed mezzanine studio flat in a Jesmond terrace, 3 minutes walk from the Robinsons library, Newcastle university and the city centre.

It's a lovely property in a beautiful area, just across from the Exhibition Park (Lambton Road). Recently refurbished and full furnished with all goods, including an oven and hob, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, 42" LCD HD smart TV and bike storage. The shower is a walk in shower room and there is an excellent source of natural light with the triple aspect windows and double glazing. Gas central heating.

£130pw, bills not included. The standard deposit and agency fees must also be paid. Lease agreement starts in August 2018 for 12 months.

The estate agent's details for the flat can be found here:
http://ridleyproperties.com/properties/189

Feel free to ask for more info or anything else!
EllaWelly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! THis is obviously not relevent to your place anymore but just a general question about living in a studio flat. I'm thinking of living alone for my final year: was it okay in Newcastle? How did you find it? Thanks
hatcs001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I have mixed feelings about it.

Pros
- You live how you want, if it's messy, it's your mess. I found this the best thing because I started to hate the absolute state of my shared flat.
- You feel more mature. At least, I did anyway. Being at uni is a mature move but living by yourself really gives you sole responsibilities.
- I didn't feel judged if I wanted to stay and do work, ratehr than party (particulalry at Newcastle).

Cons
- It was kind of lonley. I loved the time in my studio flat and it was the best decision for me there and then, but I'm much happier now in a shared flat with poeple I actually get along with (even if I have to put up with their mess... whcih is not fun and makes me want to go back to studio life).
- Studios are expensive but it depends where you are. In London, shared flats are the same price as a studio in Newcastle.
- I was surrounded by international people in studios. I have nothing against this, but my neighbours were so so so quiet and sometimes I just wanted noise.
- I hated telling people I lived in a studio because it brings the assumption that I'm a rich kid who doesn't like poeple (which isn't the case).

I know there are more cons than pros but it was honestly the best decision for me there and then. I could still see my firends but it was on my terms, and they came and stayed over and stuff so it wasn't too bad. It didn't help that my flat wasn't in a great location but I think that if you live in a studio that's closer to your friends or uni then it's an ideal situation.

Good luck!

(Original post by EllaWelly)Hi! THis is obviously not relevent to your place anymore but just a general question about living in a studio flat. I'm thinking of living alone for my final year: was it okay in Newcastle? How did you find it? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (72)
66.06%
I don't have everything I need (37)
33.94%

Watched Threads