Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me (maybe a short paragraph) how christians believd that original sin came into the world (dont simply tell the story).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by esmeralda123)
    Could anyone tell me (maybe a short paragraph) how christians believd that original sin came into the world (dont simply tell the story).
    Hi Esmeralda :hi:
    I'm sorry that you haven't recieved any replies,
    I've moved your thread to the Religious Studies help forum and changed your title so it's a bit easier for people to see what your question is about
    I hope you get the answer you want
    Laura :bubbles:

P.s have you tried googling it?

ReputationRep:
    Original sin is the belief that humans are born sinful. At least that's my interpretation of it.

ReputationRep:
    It’s due to Adam and Eve eating the apple from the forbidden tree even though god told them not to. That’s basically it.

ReputationRep:
    Original sin came because of adam and eve's rejection of God's will and attempting to be their own God, it was the fall of mankind

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!could you write me a paragraph as i am REALLY STUCK and i need to revise

ReputationRep:
    Adam and Eve were the first people
    They bore Cain & Abel& other children who carried on the human race
    Eve ate from the tree of knowledge when God said not to, therefore she sinned (known as the fall of man)
    As every human who had walked this earth was bore from her, everyone has been born in sin
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When God created humans (symbolised by Adam and Eve), he created them with free will. This freedom was exploited by Satan (symbolised by the snake) who tempted them to disobey God. They were free to disobey Him, and they chose to do so. That is original sin: the positive choice to disobey and reject God.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!could you write me a paragraph as i am REALLY STUCK and i need to revise

ReputationRep:
    Hey!,

Original sin came into existence because Adam and Eve turned away from God, disobeying him (as you know from the whole apple and snake part). According to Augustin this means that Adam and Eve turned away from their place in the hierarchy of good, meaning they created sin that was then passed down to every generation to come (Everyone in the world).

The way to overcome original sin according to Christians is to be baptised or christened and then to believe in Jesus' saving power. He died on the cross to relieve us of our sins including original sin.

Hope this helps xx

ReputationRep:
    it really did could you add on to it a little because it needs to be apage but i just want help with half of it! thank you! xxx

ReputationRep:
    We could even say that people have their own free will and are responsible for their own sins.

ReputationRep:
    It's essentially a core Christian belief that humanity has turned to the practice of sin, and that each of us in the modern day has inherited an "original sin".
    This is sin is Eve's eating fruit from a forbidden tree in the garden.

Seems like quite a long time to hold a grudge over an apple if you ask me but hey-ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    It’s due to Adam and Eve eating the apple from the forbidden tree even though god told them not to. That’s basically it.
    Are you sure it was an apple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N_A_M_E_24)
    Are you sure it was an apple?
    No
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Original sin is on earth due to Eve being tempted to eat from the tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden(the tree God told them to not eat from) by satan in the form of a snake, she then also gave adam some of the fruit from the tree, this was the first sin on earth and because of that making it the orginal sin they where able to create orginal sin because God gave them free choise to make right decisions and in this circumstance they didnt do the right thing and Eve was punnished for being tempted ny Satatn doing wrong and then making Adam do wrong too by offering him the fruit and allowng him to eat it they where both bannished from the garden.

ReputationRep:
    it really did could you add on to it a little because it needs to be apage but i just want help with half of it! thank you! xxx
    People are not here to do your homework for you. They have given you the answer (which was extremely obvious, I don't know how you've gone through life and your R.E lessons without knowing), now it's time for you to actually put some effort in rather than expecting everyone else to do it for you. Hopefully you've been taking notes in your lessons to read at home and hopefully you know how to research using Google.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.