Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

basically i got braces when i was 14 and had them for a year or so and got them of at 15. i got clear retainers but i didn't take proper care and the molar part broke off so i booked a appointment at my orthodontist who made it a month wait. The retainer weren't working at all , so my teeth had moved a lot although not as bad as before. Anyway my orthodontist made the mould from MY moved teeth and due to this the retainer i paid £80 for didn't work well and my teeth are still bad. I'm nearly 18 now and my teeth have a gap but its only halfway up my front teeth and they're not fully separated( think like a V shape). They come out and look huge. They make me really uncomfortably and lower my self esteem because i was heavily bullied for my teeth .

So now the back stories done . My question is i want my teeth to be fixed again and got back their original shape after braces but i don't want to get obvious braces again because that makes me insecure and i'm willing to pay as much after i turn 18.
    What other options do i have and what about invisalign and the price? i dont think it will take long as its really on my front teeth. I want clear braces that arent too obvious . where should i go? i heard nhs doesn't do them so private?

ReputationRep:
    you could go clear ceramic like I have, still slightly visible depending on your lips lines.

not sure you can get them non the NHS though. I've paid for mine. invisiline will be private too and takes a lot longer.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by onree)
    you could go clear ceramic like I have, still slightly visible depending on your lips lines.

not sure you can get them non the NHS though. I've paid for mine. invisiline will be private too and takes a lot longer.
    thanks for your reply
    would you recommend them and how expensive where they? How long will you have them on?
    any other info would be useful too. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks for your reply
    would you recommend them and how expensive where they? How long will you have them on?
    any other info would be useful too. thanks again
    How long is a piece of string?

Mine cost me £1800 but thats because im over 25, you might be able to get them on the NHS.

Time varies on how much work is needed. Bite the bullet and go and see a dentist and then the orthodontist.

(Original post by onree)
    How long is a piece of string?

Mine cost me £1800 but thats because im over 25, you might be able to get them on the NHS.

Time varies on how much work is needed. Bite the bullet and go and see a dentist and then the orthodontist.
    thanks, thats pretty affordable compared to invisalign.

can people tell you have them in?

ReputationRep:
    some notice others don't.

it's sounds like you are concerned about the image, so I guess you would be more aware than I am.

it's been a long time since I paid attention or cared about what others thought about me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.