Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently in Year 11, taking GCSEs in a few months, am good at maths and science naturally so am taking Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics next year (or plan to). I also am very good at boxing, have represented England and won two national titles. Another national championship is coming up in 3 weeks and I plan to enter it, which could last up to 2 months, as long as I don't lose.

My main problem is that I don't enjoy boxing as much as I used to but am hesitant to stop it because I've been doing it all my life and is really what I am known for. Training is extremely intense and I just want it to end whenever I start it. Boxing is also consuming a lot of my time I could use to revise (every afternoon from Monday-Friday and 2 hours on Sunday) and in my last two maths tests I have been ranked second in the year, which I was always first in.

Should I just stop boxing although it is what I am best at, and I could easily go on to enter the Olympics and other big sporting events?

ReputationRep:
    If you are losing interest in boxing, and feel your grades may be suffering, is it a good idea to take a break from it? After your exams, you can decide if you want to pursue boxing as a career or try something else.

ReputationRep:
    follow your gut feeling mate. follow your passion, live life for you and not others.

If you feel that you could excel at boxing and you ENJOY it take that path. GCSE'S can be re sat, Olympics however are time bound associated with your skill at the time.

Do what makes you happy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.