Turn on thread page Beta

How do I finish my essay when i'm struggling with my break up. watch

ReputationRep:
    It's early stages of a extremely painful break up. He was my only friend, my best friend. We still love each other but we both know we aren't right in a relationship together. That's the break-up.

From this, i'm uncontrollably crying. I already suffer from depression so I can barely move. I'm not sure what to do, I have an essay due in Friday at 4 and haven't even started. It seems impossible to even think of anything. How on earth am I going to get through this, or even turn up to Uni tomorrow. It's so painful, I have no idea what to do. Normally I would turn to him about all of this.

Has anybody been in a similar situation and gotten through it. Please help, it seems completely impossible right now to do anything.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm very sorry to hear this.

Big hugs

Is there a university counselling service you could go to to deal with your desperation? You could also see a GP who may reccomend you to a therapist.

You can even talk to someone you trust like a friend or family member.

Ask your tutor for an extension.

ReputationRep:
    If your are suffering from emotional well-being issues you should be granted mitigating circumstances.

I'm not saying 'lie' 😀but I know from experience this works.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.