Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

A R M A G E D D O N

There are roundabout 130 days left until our end of Year 13 exams... and when I put it like that it's literally petrifying haha-
    I want to be able to think about my A-Level exams and not be terrified, so I have decided to actually study. (a genial idea)
    So without further ado let me improve my grades before my parents sacrifice me to whatever gods are above!!

Hi I'm greycorns and I'm extremely lazy! ;^)
    I didn't revise for even one hour before my GCSEs, nor before my Year 12 mocks. This is how I did-

GCSEs

Spanish - A*
    Philosophy - A
    English Lit - B
    English Lang - B
    History - C
    Art - C
    Maths - C
    Physics - C
    Biology - C
    Chemistry - D

End of Year 12 exams

Spanish - A*
    Art - B
    History - B

Now my most recent 'currently working at's for this year are quite abysmal lmao. (but that's because I haven't put any work in to deserve good grades, well done me)

CWA - Jan 2018

Spanish - A
    History - C
    Art - D

Before I got these results, I got predicted end grades, which would be the grades I put in my UCAS form for universities to see.

PEG - 2017

Spanish - A
    History - B
    Art - B

With these grades, I applied to five universities. These are the offers I got.

University offers

Newcastle University - BA Modern Languages - 4 Years (year abroad) - ABB/BBB
    Offer received (conditional)

University of Aberdeen - MA German and Spanish and Latin American Studies - 5 years (year abroad) - BBB

University of Dundee - MA European Studies and European Languages and Culture - 4 years (year abroad) - BBB

Heriot-Watt University - MA Applied Languages and Translating: Spanish and German - 4 years (year abroad) - BBB

Aberystwyth University - BA European Languages - 4 years (year abroad) - BBC
    Offer received (conditional) (received handwritten letter)

And that's all well and good! ...until I don't get the grades I need for the offers, and end up living with my parents basement for the rest of my life. (: And I don't really want that if I'm honest.

If I dedicate a day per week to studying one of my subjects, I can really get immersed in it and not just skim a textbook for 15 minutes. I will ideally use my free periods every day to revise these subjects, and when I get home, do at least an hour, then get on with homework tasks.

Revision 'timetable'

Monday - Spanish
    Tuesday - Tudor history
    Wednesday - Art
    Thursday - Nazi history
    Friday - Spanish IRP and History coursework
    Saturday - //
    Sunday - Everything

In this blog I will make posts about when I revise, how I revise, and how I'm improving. And if I don't update, feel free to verbally abuse me in the comments. x

Let's go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greycorns)

AS

Spanish - A*
    Art - B
    History - B

How did you get an A* at AS level...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    How did you get an A* at AS level...?
    It was an AS mock, I guess? My school doesn't count them. I got 97/100, would assume that's equal to an A* lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greycorns)
    It was an AS mock, I guess? My school doesn't count them. I got 97/100, would assume that's equal to an A* lol
    Oh fairs - you can't actually get an A* at AS though.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.